A Long note translation...can any1 help me please.

Thread: A Long note translation...can any1 help me please.

Tags: None

rec115 said:

Red face A Long note translation...can any1 help me please.

Down below is my note which I will be posting on my web page..Can someone translate it for me please.

This place seems like a place to share some interesting points

hhmmmm..........What can I share about.....ahhh being a Linguist!

Linguist, linguistica, linguistique, lingvisti, языкознание,

γλωσσολογία, linguistik, taalwetenschappen, lingvistik,

sprogvidenskab, 语言学, 言語学, اللغويات, عله اللغه‏ ,

If you spoke every single languages that exist you would

understand 100% of the world.

If you were bestowed with this ability would you create your own language,
    create something more bizarre and inexplicable.

So how many languages do I know so far? hmmmmm

Two and I'm teaching myself a third language,

which equates to a small percentage although english is widely spoken.

It is still a mere percent. The quest for 100% is beyond my reach.

My quest in life is to reach 10 languages and be fluent with it.

This may seem like an unrealistic goal to others but I believe it is possible.

Acquiring a language is like opening a door to another Universe,

it is simply remarkable.

The beauty of learning a foreign language is you can express your

thoughts in any language that best suits you at any moment.

You can communicate with people from other countries without

having to depend on a book.

What I love the most is listening to foreign music and actually appreciate them.

I have seen a person who converses in 14 languages,

a unique individual who has influenced me.

Knowing another language is truly an incredible tool,

not only are you learning grammar,

culture and race but you are shaping

yourself to be a better person with umlimited bounderies.

The way I percieve it is.... not to limit yourself.

I dont know what else to say...feel free to add a comment or post

me a question..
    tree of knowledge

Steena said:

I'd try to translate. Do you want to adress to the people in a formal way or like you were talking to friends?
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

Cosmonaut said:

Dies scheint ein idealer Ort zu sein, um ein paar interessante Dinge anzusprechen.
    Nun, was kann das sein? Es geht um das Gefühl ein Linguist zu sein.

Linguist, linguistica, linguistique, lingvisti, языкознание,

γλωσσολογία, linguistik, taalwetenschappen, lingvistik,

sprogvidenskab, 语言学, 言語学, اللغويات, عله اللغه‏ ,

Würde man jedes existierende Wort auf dieser Welt sprechen, so verstünde man alles und jeden.

Wenn man mit dieser Fähigkeit ausgestattet wäre, würde man versuchen eine neue, noch komplexere und bizarrere Sprache zu erfinden, oder mit denen Leben, die man kennt?
    Also, wie viele Sprachen spreche ich inzwischen? Hmm, zwei und ich bin gerade dabei mir eine dritte anzueignen. Obwohl Englisch eine der am weit verbreitetsten Sprachen ist, macht mein Sprachvermögen bloß einen minimalen Prozentsatz aller auf der Welt gesprochenen Sprachen aus.
    Das Ziel irgendwann mal absolut jede Sprache zu lernen, liegt außerhalb des Möglichen für mich.

Mein Ziel ist es zehn Sprachen fließend zu sprechen. Dies mag für einige ein eher unrealistisches Ziel sein, aber ich glaube daran, dass ich es schaffen kann.

Sich eine neue Sprache anzueignen ist wie ein Tür zu einem völlig neuen Universum, es ist einfach unglaublich.

Die Schönheit beim lernen einer neues Sprache, liegt darin, dass man nun so denken, fühlen und sich ausdrücken kann, wie es die spezielle Lage erfordert. Man kann mit Menschen aus fremden Ländern kommunizieren, ohne dabei von einem Buch abhängig zu sein.

Was ich am meisten liebe ist Musik fremder Kulturen zu hören und diese aufgrund meiner Sprachkenntnisse richtig genießen zu können.

Ich habe mal eine Person gesehen, die sich in 14 Sprachen fließend und verständlich ausdrücken konnte. Diese einzigartige Person hat mich sehr stark beeinflusst.

Eine andere Sprache zu kennen ist wahrlich ein unglaubliches Werkzeug, denn man lernt nicht nur die Grammatik, Kultur und Menschen des Landes besser kennen, sondern macht sich selbst zu einer neuen Person, die weitaus weniger Grenzen kennt.

Ich sehe es so, dass man sich nicht durch Sprachbarrieren unnötig einschränken, sondern versuchen sollte, diese aufzuheben.

That's how I'd write it. It's a rather loose translation [to make it sound better in some places] and I'm sure there is room for some minor improvements. I assume Steena will either have another go at it or check mine for potential mistakes, so it'll be alright.

Steena said:

I had already finished it but it's ok..

Cosmonaut said:

Oh, ok. Did you send it to him via PM?

Steena said:

no I wanted to keep it until he/she answered my question

Tahira said:

Hi rec115,

may you send us a link to your homepage?

8. aksios said:

rec115, i totally agree with you about what you said about learning a language. i have been studying linguistics and i have undersood better what language is, what you said is just what i feel too

Cosmonaut said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    no I wanted to keep it until he/she answered my question
    Ah yea, I thought about waiting too, but eventually I concluded that the "man" approach is better than du/Sie anyway. However, lets see what he/she has to say in regard to your question.

rec115 said:

Hi everyone, thanks for your reply and most of all thank you kindly for your help on my long note.
    1. Steena - It isnt formal, So yes it is as if I was talking to a friend. This here is simply an idea or words of wisdom that came to me while I was studying, something that I had to share. I find it funny cos I was at work at that time and there I was day dreaming......

2. Tahira - This translation is for my facebook notes to share to everyone that I know around the world. I'm sorry if I made you think that I was some kind of musician or something more, that owns a webpage. My story or note is my way of sharing my thoughts around.
    My profile picture is decieving, I am male, sorry to have confused people here.

3. Aksios - I am glad to have heard those words coming from a Linguist. It gives me a great bursts of energy and a sense of wellbeing as well. Learning a new language does mould people in some ways.
    I thank you all kindly for your marvelous help on my request as well as sharing your opinion here. Remember that you have all put a smile on my face and I wish that I could show you it and so I can watch the reflection.
    tree of knowledge

Steena said:

I'd love to see the facebook site nevertheless