Learning German language

Thread: Learning German language

Tags: None

PROPEL said:

i have a question.

how are the sounds of ä, ü, and ö differ from the sounds of a, u, and o?

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by PROPEL View Post
    i have a question.

how are the sounds of ä, ü, and ö differ from the sounds of a, u, and o?
    The biggest difference might be the pronounciation
    ä = like in "fair"
    ö = as in "word"
    ü = that's hard umm ... you can listen to it here, it's really hard to explain: http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~joyce1/ab...audio/tuer.wav
    The things he says are: "früh, Tür, grün, über, Bühne, Lüge"
    -> early, door, green, over, stage, lie
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

3. justinelove said:

german to english please...

1.war scho geil gell yvii (:
    erst hammas garnich geglaubt und dann war ma scho drin ^^
    aba s war ja nichma soo kalt
    nd wo der eine typ uns doch dann noch so angemault hat asl wir wieder vor zur sunset...

2.jaa ääh danke dass ihr uns vor allen leuten in den pool geworfen habt -.- haha sooo peinlich xD aba lustig wars....sysii ilu

3.war scho geil gell yvii (:
    nd wo der eine typ uns doch dann noch so angemault hat asl wir wieder vor zur sunset bar sin (:
    nächstes jahr wird werd wieda soo top mit dia ♥
    lieb diisch süße

4.ahh süße war echt so geil x3
    vor allem wie uns alle so krass ausgelacht haben o gott mir wars so peinlich haha
    ich freu mich soooo es wird GENIAL
    liiiieb dich soooo ♥ ♥ ♥

5.ich vermiss dii

Steena said:

1.war scho geil gell yvii (:
    nd wo der eine typ uns doch dann noch so angemault hat asl wir wieder vor zur sunset...

That was quite cool. first we didn't believe it and then it had already started. but it wasn't that cold. and when this guy was grumping at us when we were already at the "sunset" again (sunset is the name of something here)

2.jaa ääh danke dass ihr uns vor allen leuten in den pool geworfen habt -.- haha sooo peinlich xD aba lustig wars....sysii ilu

Thanks for throwing us into the pool right in front of all people, it was so embarassing but also funny. love you.

3.war scho geil gell yvii (:
    nd wo der eine typ uns doch dann noch so angemault hat asl wir wieder vor zur sunset bar sin (:
    nächstes jahr wird werd wieda soo top mit dia ♥

... next year will be really great again with you

lieb diisch süße

love you my dear

4.ahh süße war echt so geil x3
    vor allem wie uns alle so krass ausgelacht haben o gott mir wars so peinlich haha
    ich freu mich soooo es wird GENIAL
    liiiieb dich soooo ♥ ♥ ♥

my dear it was so cool. especiall when everybody was laughing so har, o God I felt so embarassed. I'm so happy, it was awesome. love you so much

5.ich vermiss dii

Miss you

Cosmonaut said:

Quote Originally Posted by justinelove View Post
    german to english please...

1.war scho geil gell yvii (: //it was wicked, wasnt it, yvii? (i assume thats a name?)
    erst hammas garnich geglaubt und dann war ma scho drin ^^ // at first we didnt believe it and then we were already in
    aba s war ja nichma soo kalt // but then it wasnt so cold anymore
    nd wo der eine typ uns doch dann noch so angemault hat asl wir wieder vor zur sunset... //and then the guy who snapped at us when we went back to sunset...

2.jaa ääh danke dass ihr uns vor allen leuten in den pool geworfen habt -.- haha sooo peinlich xD aba lustig wars....sysii ilu // yes, a, thanks that you threw in in the pool in front of all people, haha, so embarassing but it was funny, heh..

nächstes jahr wird werd wieda soo top mit dia ♥ // next year will be again super with you
    lieb diisch süße // love you sweety

4.ahh süße war echt so geil x3 // ah sweety it was really great
    vor allem wie uns alle so krass ausgelacht haben o gott mir wars so peinlich haha // especially how everybody laughed at us, oh god, i was so embarassed, haha
    ich freu mich soooo es wird GENIAL // im so looking forward to it, it ll be super
    liiiieb dich soooo ♥ ♥ ♥ // love you so so much

5.ich vermiss dii // i miss youuuuu

whoever wrote this, arrrrrrrrrgh

6. justinelove said:

oh what is the complete translation of 3?

Steena said:

well it's just the same as 1

8. justinelove said:

oh ok... thank you...

9. justinelove said:

hi... i really really need someone to translate a letter to me from english to german. It is rather urgent, and i really need someone to translate now as soon as possible. please send me a private message... thank you. If not, i will post it here on the forums.

10. ab123 said:

Hello

So I picked this sentence up from the other thread "Das sollte sich schwer gestalten", what does it mean exactly?

Thanks for your help.

11. justinelove said:

Quote Originally Posted by justinelove View Post
    hi... i really really need someone to translate a letter to me from english to german. It is rather urgent, and i really need someone to translate now as soon as possible. please send me a private message... thank you. If not, i will post it here on the forums.
    can anybody please? it's urgent.

12. justinelove said:

you want the truth? i'll tell you the truth. Kazim and i had been in a relationship with me on April 24 2007 to January 2009. He always sent me letters in my mail, saying he loves me, and wants to be married with me, and have babies with me. If you want, I can show you. I have all the sms, he sent me. and records of phone calls he made to me. I have all the chats saved in my msn. I will show them to you if you want.

Last night i lied to you for kazim, because he said he will kill himself. I lied to you nejla, because kazim said he will kill himself with a pistol. If you want to see the chat we had, i can show it to you. Me and Kazim never met in antalya. We met online, and he loved me. He also used to talk to my mom and my brothers in msn. The only reason that we both cant be together is because of my dad, and because he dont have money to come here, and i dont have money to come to him. We made plans on how we both can meet, but it never happened because of money.

Kazim is a confused boy. When he realized that we cant be together, he stopped talking to me. But i waited for him. One day, he called me, drunk and crying, it was July 2008, telling me that he loves me, that i take his breath away, and that i am his soulmate.(You can ask his friends. His friends know about me) We talked again after that, believing we can make plans on being together. On his birthday, i sent him a present... a teddy bear, and a ring. Inside the ring is written -" Forever Yours-Sam." He always wear that ring. You can ask his friends too. and you can see that in some pictures in the video on youtube, and you can see that he was wearing my ring, in the pictures of his friends in facebook. I sent the present to him August 1, and it came to him August 2. After he got my present, he always wears my ring.

I have done everything to be good to Kazim. I was his conscience, his moral guide of values. One reason why i know he loved me before, is because i'm a virgin girl. And he knows i never cheat on him, and that i gave him the purity of my heart. I know he had 2 msn. He told that to me on september 2008. He did mention to me that 2 girls want to get married with him... 22 year old girl from England, and 27 year old girl from Germany. I asked him... "did you tell these girls you love them?" He said no. He said, just these girls want to marry with me. HE said, If i can get married with a girls like them, i will have a good job, and lots of money, and that he can help his mom and his sisters because he said he and his family have a poor life. He asked me, "what would you do?" I said to him, I can never do that, because i can never trade love for just money. And he said that he can't do it too. Because he is following his heart, and not his mind. (I can show you that chat too)

All this time he has been lying to you and to me. I acted as his conscience, and you were his way to an easy life. I will show you all the truths, and everything you need to know about kazim. I do know that if he knows you find out the truth, kazim will kill himself.

It is your choice if you want to stay with him or not. The only reason that i lied last night, is because i dont want kazim to do anything stupid and kill himself and die. I can also show the chat me and kazim had yesterday night, same time i was chatting with you. He was telling me what to say to you, so you can believe his lies. He said this to me before, he also said to me, that if he lose me, he will die. (we always say this both to each other, that if he lose me, he will die, and i say that if i lose him i will die too... but i dont love him anymore, and im not stupid to die for a guy who lies with 2 girls. ) I just want to ask one favor from you. I will show all the sms, he sent me, all the chats we had together, all the pictures he sent me. All im asking from you, is that you do not tell him that i said everything to you. Because he is a confused boy, and i know he will do something stupid to kill himself.

Yes i will delete kazim in my msn, because i dont want to talk to him anymore, and believe his lies. I will never believe his lies again. It is up to you, if you still want to be with him or not, i dont care for him anymore. I cared for him, and i loved him. But last night, after he made me lie to you, so i will be the bad person in your eyes, i realized that he doesn't deserve me to lie for him. Yes i know i was stupid i lied to you, but i did it because i dont want kazim to kill himself like he said to me. I also know that you are a wise woman and that you deserve to know all the truth. If you still want to be together with him, ok. That is not my problem anymore. I never want to be with him again, and i never want to talk with him again. But at least, now i want you to know the truth. He lied to you, and to me, and people who do good, deserve the truth.

It is up to you, to make the decision. I had this letter translated in german, so that you would understand everything that i am saying. If you need evidences of what i am saying, i can show that to you.

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by ab123 View Post
    Hello

So I picked this sentence up from the other thread "Das sollte sich schwer gestalten", what does it mean exactly?

Thanks for your help.
    It's "That should be hard"

Steena said:

@justine: Make them answers in English, we’re not playing your private translation service here! those kind of translations take a LOT of time!

Du willst die Wahrheit wissen? Die werde ich dir sagen. Kazim und ich waren zusammen von April 2007 bis Januar 2009. Er hat mir immer Briefe geschickt, hat gesagt, er liebt mich, und dass er mich heiraten möchte und mit mir Kinder bekommen möchte. Wenn du willst, kann ich dir die Briefe zeigen. Ich habe alle SMS, die er mir geschickt hat. Und auch Aufzeichnungen der Telefongespräche, die wir hatten. Alle Chats habe ich gesichert, ich zeige sie dir, wenn du willst.

Letzte Nacht habe ich dich für Kazim, denn er hat gesagt, er würde sich umbringen. Ich habe dich belogen, Nejla, denn Kazim sagte, er wolle sich mit einer Pistole umbringen. Wenn du den Chat, den wir hatten, sehen willst, kann ich ihn dir zeigen. Kazim und ich haben uns in Antalya niemals getroffen. Wir haben uns online getroffen und er liebte mich. Er hat sich auch über MSN mit meiner Mutter und meinem Bruder unterhalten. Der einzige Grund, warum wir nicht zusammen sein können, ist mein Vater und dass ihm das Geld fehlt, hierher zu kommen. Ich habe auch kein Geld, um zu ihm zu kommen. Wir haben Pläne gemacht, wie wir beide uns treffen könnten, aber wegen des Geldes ist es nie passiert.

Kazim ist verwirrt. Als er merkte, dass wir nicht zusammen sein können, hat er nicht mehr mit mir geredet. Aber ich habe auf ihn gewartet. Eines Tages rief er mich betrunken und weinend an, das war im Juli 2008. Er sagte mir, dass er mich liebt und dass ich ihm den Atem raube, dass wir Seelenverwandte sind. (Du kannst seine Freunde fragen, die wissen von mir). Wir haben danach wieder miteinander gesprochen, haben geglaubt wir könnten Pläne machen, wie wir zusammen sein könnten. An seinem Geburtstag habe ich ihm ein Geschenk geschickt. Einen Teddy und einen Ring. In dem Rind stand „Für immer dein, Sam“. Er trägt den Ring immer. Du kannst auch seine Freunde fragen. Und du kannst ihn auf einigen Bildern bei Youtube sehen, du kannst sehen, dass er den Ring trug bei Facebook auf den Bildern seiner Freunde. Ich habe ihm dieses Geschenk am 1. August geschickt, am 2. Augsut kam es an. Seitdem er das Geschenk bekommen hat, trägt er den Ring immer.

Ich habe alles getan, um gut zu Kazim zu sein. Ich war sein Gewissen, seine Moral. Ein Grund, warum ich weiß, dass er mich geliebt hat, ist, weil ich Jungfrau bin. Und er weiß, dass ich ihn nie betrüge und dass ich ihm die Reinheit meines Herzens gegeben habe. Ich weiß, dass er zwei MSN hatte. Er erzählte mir das im September 2008. Er hat diese zwei Mädchen erwähnt, die ihn heiraten wollten. Eine 22 Jahre Alte aus England und eine 27-jährige aus Deutschland. Ich habe ihn gefragt: „Hast du diesen Mädchen gesagt, dass du sie liebst?” Er sagte nein. Er sagte, diese Mädchen wollen mich einfach heiraten. Er sagte, wenn ich ein Mädchen wie sie heiraten kann, werde ich einen guten Job haben und viel Geld und dann könne er seiner Mutter und Schwester helfen, denn seine Familie sei sehr arm. Er fragte mich: „Was würdest du tun?“ Ich sagte ihm, das könne ich nie tun, denn ich könnte nie die Liebe für Geld hergeben. Und er sagte, das könne er auch nicht. Denn er würde seinem Herzen folgen und nicht seinem Verstand. (Das kann ich dir auch zeigen)

Die ganze Zeit hat er mich und dich angelogen. Ich habe als sein Gewissen gehandelt und du warst seine Eintrittskarte in ein einfaches Leben. Ich werde dir die Wahrheit ziegen und alles was du über Kazim wissen musst. Ich weiß, dass wenn er weiß, dass du die Wahrheit kennst, er sich umbringen wird.
    Es ist deine Entscheidung, ob du bei ihm bleiben willst oder nicht. Der einzige Grund, warum ich dich gestern Nacht angelogen habe, ist dass ich nicht will, dass Kazim etwas Dummes tut und sich umbringt. Ich kann dir auch den Chat zeigen, den Kazim und ich gestern Nacht hatten. Um die gleiche Zeit, als wir auch getextet haben. Er sagte mir, was ich dir sagen sollte, damit du seine Lügen glauben würdest. Das hat er mir auch zuvor gesagt, er sagte auch, dass wenn er mich verlieren würde, er sterben würde. (Wir sagen das einander immer, aber ich liebe ihn nicht mehr, ich bin nicht so dumm, dass ich für einen Kerl sterben würde, der zwei Mädchen anlügt). Ich möchte dich nur um einen Gefallen bitten. Ich werde dir alle SMS zeigen, die er geschickt hat, alle Chats und Bilder. Aber ich bitte dich, sagt ihm nicht, dass ich dir alles gesagt habe.

Ja, ich werde Kazim aus meinem MSN löschen, denn ich will nicht mehr mit ihm reden oder seine Lügen glauben. Das werde ich nie mehr tun. Es liegt bei dir, ob du ihn noch willst oder nicht, mir ist das egal. Mir war er wichtig, ich habe ihn geliebt. Aber letzte Nacht, nachdem er mich dir gegenüber lügen ließ, so dass ich wie eine schlechte Person in deinen Augen schien, habe ich gemerkt, dass er mich nicht verdient. Ja, ich weiß, dass ich dumm war, ich habe dich angelogen, aber ich habe das getan, weil ich nicht wollte, dass Kazim sich umbringt. Ich weiß, dass du schlau bist und dass du die Wahrheit verdienst. Wenn du noch mit ihm zusammen sein willst, ok. Das ist nicht mehr mein Problem. Ich will nie mehr bei ihm sein und auch nicht mehr mit ihm reden. Aber ich will, dass wenigstens du die Wahrheit weißt. Er hat dich angelogen, und mich.

Es liegt bei dir, die Entscheidung zu fällen. Ich habe diesen Brief auf Deutsch übersetzen lassen, so dass du alles verstehen wirst, was ich sage. (Bitte antworte auf Englisch, das hat mich jetzt eine halbe Stunde gekostet!) Falls du Beweise brauchst für das, was ich sage, ich kann sie dir zeigen.

15. justinelove said:

i understand. i never asked for anything this long before. I just got desperate, and needed help asap. thank you so much steena...

Kaulitz_girl_483 said:

yeah it seems easy u know when i read these stuff, but could someone post the "PRONUNCIATION" cuz that's my problem, i'm confussed with that

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaulitz_girl_483 View Post
    yeah it seems easy u know when i read these stuff, but could someone post the "PRONUNCIATION" cuz that's my problem, i'm confussed with that
    anything in particular you'd like to know? It's hard to give a general pronounciation guide.

Kaulitz_girl_483 said:

Yeah well i’m confussed about the “ch” i mean if i says “ich liebe dich” the pronunciation will be “ih lieb dih” or “ish lieb dish” well i just listen songs u know XD...and some sentences its like “ih” and sometimes like “ish”

Or “sechs” its “seshs” or “sehs”

I realized that maybe it depends of the word that is before or after of , but seriuosly i dont have idea

Nicole

Ps: For me its so complicated learn german cuz i speak spanish, if my first language would be englisch, i think that could b so much easier, i’m teaching myself righ now but it doesnt work XD really!!! So i’m gonna start 2 take some classes one of these days, and i will practice my german with u guys

and i have so many questions, my brain is gonna colapsed XD

kuss

Steena said:

That's about the worst thing you could have asked depending on the region they come from, even Germans pronounce these things different.

I can think of three different ways existing to pronounce the different "ch" sounds.

1) pronounced gutarral like the "Loch" in "Loch Ness" (I looked up this example because I could not think of any English word that sounds similar ) - for example used in auch (too), Bauch (stomach), Bach (small river)
    2) pronounced palatal (putting your tongue to the palantal, I remember once Tahira and me had a discussion on the phonetic script of the different "ch" forms, the first one in IPA would be [x] and the second one is [ç]). Examples: Mich (me), dich (you), ich (I), wirklich (really).
    3) third way sounds like a "k" as in the name Christoph. Examples: Chor (choir), Sechs (six), Wachs (wax)

One word that should belong to the second group is Chemie (chemics). But some people pronounce this word as if it belonged to the third group. Same with China for example, it depends on where the people grew up and what accent they picked up.
    I guess we should say çɛmi:.
    But some say kɛmi: and youths (or in general while speaking in slang) also say ʂɛmi:.

Kaulitz_girl_483 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    That's about the worst thing you could have asked depending on the region they come from, even Germans pronounce these things different.

I can think of three different ways existing to pronounce the different "ch" sounds.

1) pronounced gutarral like the "Loch" in "Loch Ness" (I looked up this example because I could not think of any English word that sounds similar ) - for example used in auch (too), Bauch (stomach), Bach (small river)
    2) pronounced palatal (putting your tongue to the palantal, I remember once Tahira and me had a discussion on the phonetic script of the different "ch" forms, the first one in IPA would be [x] and the second one is [ç]). Examples: Mich (me), dich (you), ich (I), wirklich (really).
    3) third way sounds like a "k" as in the name Christoph. Examples: Chor (choir), Sechs (six), Wachs (wax)

One word that should belong to the second group is Chemie (chemics). But some people pronounce this word as if it belonged to the third group. Same with China for example, it depends on where the people grew up and what accent they picked up.
    I guess we should say çɛmi:.
    But some say kɛmi: and youths (or in general while speaking in slang) also say ʂɛmi:.

wow thanx for this XD
    clearly i was confussed, but i got it now...mmmm that's interesting, i'm gonna practice, there so many info here
    u rock!!!
    kuss