Please help me ID this alternative smoky sounding xmas song (female vocal)...

Thread: Please help me ID this alternative smoky sounding xmas song (female vocal)...

Tags: None
  1. #33 said:

Default Please help me ID this alternative smoky sounding xmas song (female vocal)...

I was in HMV at lunch time today and heard this gorgeous song playing. Of course there is never an attendant free when you need one, so by the time I got to ask them what they song was, there was another one on.

"Hi. Can you tell me what song was playing before this one?"
    "Uhhh... what was it?"
    "That's what I'm asking you. It was playing before this one."
    "Oh. Umm. Let me check."
    So he goes and talks to his buddy, and he doesn't know, and so he comes back to me and says, "Sorry. We don't know".

Now, if I didn't have to get back to work they would have gotten an earfull about how surely it's playing on a CD right this second or it's on their computer system or whatever, and this is a RECORD store and blah blah...

So I'm hoping someone out there in cyberspace can help me work out what it is. I remember some lyrics, but I'm quoting from memory. It's a female vocal.

These lyrics are from near the end:

*something about rain*
    As it taps me on the shoulders
    Knows a thing or two
    I'm still in love with you
    *something about Christmas*

The vocal is smoky. It's not a loud song; seems to have a little bit of a lounge/jazzy influence.

I did a lyrics search on Google but no luck. I know I'm not giving anyone much to go by, but hopefully someone out there will know the song.....

Thanks!

2. #33 said:

anyone? I'm desperate!