Solved: Need help to identify a song I heard

Thread: Solved: Need help to identify a song I heard

Tags: None
  1. frankie said:

Default Solved: Need help to identify a song I heard

So, I heard this song on the radio and I would really like to download it, but I can't find out its title nor who sings it. Maybe someone here could help me.

The song itself is... well, at first I thought its title might be "the spirit of my heart," because those words keep repeating in the chorus. I still wouldn't rule out that option, but it didn't help me. The song sounds a bit like it's done after something native American. Next to those words that I mentioned, another thing that keeps repeating in the chorus is some kind of chanting, that sounds like "hey-a-ma hey-ya-maya hey-ya-maya hum-a-ye." That was probably completely wrong, but that's how it sounds. To me, at least. :P And well... the song is really rythmic, has a beat to it and is quite dancable. In case if that gives any hints to anyone.

Hopefully someone can recognize the song, even despite my awful describing skill. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by frankie; 08-03-2008 at 09:19 AM.

2. Musicismyfirstlove said:

The hey ah ma reminds me of Life in a Northern Town , done here by Sugarland , original is by Dream Academy , worth a try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGt_...eature=related
    The mind is a wonderful thing...

3. frankie said:

Thanks, musicismyfirstlove, but that isn't the one I'm looking for. My song is a lot faster and definitely has a lot more bass. :P Also, even though it's mostly sung by a woman, the chanting is done by men.

lollipop said:

Hey frankie, maybe you heard this sentence just a liiitle wrong?
    Because there is a song, that I remembered (it was quite famous in Europe almost decade ago)
    Try this: Rednex-Spirit of the Hawk

---

5. frankie said:

Hawk, heart.. it all sounds the same to a non-English ear.
    Yes, that's exactly the song I was looking for. Thanks, lollipop.

lollipop said:

haha, I am quite familiar with that "non-English-ear-problem", I got 2 of them

Really glad, we nailed this.
    Take care!

7. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Lol(lipop) strikes again..
    The mind is a wonderful thing...