adamım bu küçük işlere ben bakarim yakarım
    Her sabah bir dev masalında ..uyanınca
    Hep çocuk kalmak kurtulmak

2. aksios said:

By waking up in the middle of the night, I create love from a trifle
    I am man, I get (handle) this kind of small work

The dumbs consult me, the brain (wisdom) of butterflies is me
    I turn back with ships from far away

They call my little name, I get poured from 'karapaki' (sorry but I do not know what this refers to)
    I am man, I get (handle) this kind of small work

My name is 'marbled'/variegated ( for flower, I do not know which one he means), a little real, a little dream
    They shall like my lie (that is said to mean that it is an obvious lie, everybody know it is a lie but it can be still said), The world does not revolve without love (here is the lie, he says if there is no love, there is no life too, but he is saying it sarcastically knowing that it is a big lie)

KALBİM SEVDA KUYUSU HER GÜN YOLDAN ÇIKARIM:My heart is well of love, I go off the rails everyday

SEN UNUT GEÇMİŞİNİ BEN AKLIMDA TUTARIM: Forget your past, I keep (it) in my mind

Here it is!

Beso said:

thnxxxx so much i like it

4. aksios said:

You are welcome, I also like it! I listen to it from Ezginin Günlüğü, They are really good!

Beso said:

yes i like it for Ezginin Günlüğü too n i heared it when baris sing it with them
    n i heared layle song for this group i think they really nice group can u give me names of their best songs
    thnx nooo i should say sağol

6. aksios said:

Yeah, sure, I like that band. They do really nice music, some alaturca, some modern... These are the tittles of songs I like:

Ağladığım Geceler-the nights I (have) cried (sung by the female vocalist)
    Eksik Bir Şey-An absent thing (sung by the male vocalist, good lyrics)
    Gelmiyorsun-You are not coming(turnin back) (sung by the male vocalist)
    Aşk Hiç Biter Mi?-Does the love ever end? (sung by the female vocalist)
    Kül Vakti-Ash time (sung by the male vocalist, a good alaturca)
    Şimdi Sevişme Vakti: now is the time to make love (sung by the male vocalist)

How can I describe all??? I tried to give some little information but I cannot give the real worth, all of them are really nice, nice lyrics... I love the way he reflects his love onto songs...

thechemicalpanicout said:

hi i just want to say something

in "adamım bu küçük işlere ben bakarım yanarım,I am man, I get (handle) this kind of small work" i think its not right "I am man" part, it should be something like buddy or dude. cuz it's a slang.

"karapaki" is a special bottle for raki ( raki is a brandy made in Eastern Mediterranean from grapes or plumsand flavored with anise as dictionary meaning.)

ebruli is a really old art in turkey you can see a sample in here: http://www.tmresimler.com/data/media...li_resmi_6.jpg

and you didn't translate that "yanarım - I'm burn" and "yakarım- I burn ( in slang meaning its like I destroy you)"

please don't get me wrong I just wanted to correct them because I love -so much- ezginin günlüğü since my childhood.
    Staying awake to chase a dream, tasting the air you're breathing in. I hope I won't forget a thing. (muse)

8. aksios said:

No honey, it is ok!
    But let me clarify some things
    Adamım, bu küçük işlere ben bakarım
    Here I think he means I am the man of that house, a kind of I am the master of the house, I am the male, so I can handle with this kind of works! I understand it this way.
    With 'ebruli' he means I am so much into reality and fancy mixed with them, cause he goes on saying that 'biraz gerçek biraz rüya' a little real, a little dream', then that means he is marbled somehow.

This is how I understand the song too.

And the art Ebru: it is the mixing of colours on the special water! It symbolizes mixing as well... So that is why he calls himself Ebruli.
    FYI Ebru is the name of the art
    Ebruli is the name of the product, the fruit of this art

9. ilkin said:

Quote Originally Posted by aksios View Post
    They call my little name, I get poured from 'karapaki' (sorry but I do not know what this refers to)
    the original word here is karafaki, and it's from karafe, from french carafe, meaning the same as in english, which is a glass or metal bottle, often with a flared lip, used for serving water or wine. in turkish it's a small, long-necked raki jug without handle.

the tdk dictionary doesn't list it but this one does.

and i hate both site's webmasters: they disabled linking to a particular word for some stupid reason.

10. nematia said:

Thank you all! I am going to join to the forum from now!