Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None
  1. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by ilovevictorxx View Post
    spanish to english please!

Patriota y escritor cubano, apostol de la independencia de cuba ultima colonia espanola en america. el hecho de haber muerto en la batalla lo transformo en el martir de las aspiraciones cubanas a la independencia.

Nacio en el seno de una modesta familia espanola en la habana, el 28 de enero de 1853 donde recibio su educacion primaria. Fue discipulo de mendive y de luz y caballero. A los 16 anos por sus ideas revolucionarias fue condenado a seis anos de prision con la salud quebrantada fue indultado y confinado en la isla de pinos

Deportado a espana en 1871 publico el presidio politico en cuba el primero de muchos folletos que abogaban por la independencia cubana de espana y la republica espanola ante la revolucion cubana. termino su educacion en la universidad de zaragoza donde en 1874 se licencio en derecho y filosofia y letras. anos mas tarde vivio su destierro en francia en 1875 se traslado a mexico donde se caso con carmen zayas bazan y en 1877 fue a guatemala donde enseno por un tiempo en la universidad nacional.

Cuban patriot and writer, the apostle of independence of Cuba, the last Spanish colony in America. The fact that he died in battle transformed him into the martyr of Cuban aspirations to independence.

He was born into a modest Spanish family in Havana, on January 28, 1853 where he received his primary education. He was a disciple of [Manuel] Mendive and of [Jose de la] Luz y Caballero. When he was 16, because of his revolutionary ideas, he was sentenced to six years in prison; in poor health he was pardoned and was banished to the Isle of Pines.

Deported to Spain in 1871 he published the "Political prison in Cuba", the first of many pamphlets that called for Cuban independence from Spain and the Spanish Republic before the Cuban revolution. He finished his education at the University of Zaragoza where in 1874 he qualified in law and philosophy and letters. Years later he lived his exile in France in 1875 he moved to Mexico where he married Carmen Zayas Bazán and in 1877 went to Guatemala where he taught for a time in the national university.

ilovevictorxx said:

spanish to english

volvio a cuba en 1878 pero fue desterrado nuevamente en 1879 por sus continuas actividades revolucionarias. se traslado a los estados unidos. donde vivio entre 1881 y 1895 en nueva york ejercio el periodismo y fundo en 1892 el partido revolucionario cubano del que fue elegido delegado para la organizacion de la lucha independentista. fue ese ano cuando fundo su diario "patria"
    --->IsLam
  3. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by ilovevictorxx View Post
    spanish to english

volvio a cuba en 1878 pero fue desterrado nuevamente en 1879 por sus continuas actividades revolucionarias. se traslado a los estados unidos. donde vivio entre 1881 y 1895 en nueva york ejercio el periodismo y fundo en 1892 el partido revolucionario cubano del que fue elegido delegado para la organizacion de la lucha independentista. fue ese ano cuando fundo su diario "patria"
    He returned to Cuba in 1878 but was banished again in 1879 for his ongoing revolutionary activities. He moved to the United States, where he lived between 1881 and 1895 in New York was a journalist and in 1892 founded the Cuban Revolutionary Party and was elected delegate to the organization of the independence struggle. Was that year when he founded his newspaper, "Homeland".

Zahra2008 said:

are we doing your homework??
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

ilovevictorxx said:

No it's a passage i got today in spanish i just had trouble figuring out what it said
    --->IsLam

ilovevictorxx said:

spanish to english !

en 1895 en la isla de santo domingo redacto el manifesto de montecristi en el que predico la guerra sin odio y que firmo con maximo general gomez y baez el heroe de la independencia cubana. Desembarco con este en playitas en el este de cuba donde murio un mes mas tarde el 19 de mayo de 1895 durante una escaramuza con tropas espanoles en dos rios.

Como escritor marti fue un precursor del modernismo iberoamericano. sus escrituras incluyen numerosos poemas "ismaelillo" versos sencillos y versos libres la novela amistad funesta y ensayos.

en 1889 fundo y dirigio la revista para ninos "La edad de oro" donde publico un texto sobre san martin

se destaco por su estilo fluido simple y su vividas imagenes personales sus obras completas formadas por 73 volumenes se publicaron desde 1936 y 1953
    --->IsLam

citlalli said:

en 1895 en la isla de santo domingo redacto el manifesto de montecristi en el que predico la guerra sin odio y que firmo con maximo general gomez y baez el heroe de la independencia cubana. Desembarco con este en playitas en el este de cuba donde murio un mes mas tarde el 19 de mayo de 1895 durante una escaramuza con tropas espanoles en dos rios. In 1895, in the island of Santo Domingo, he drew up the manifesto of Montecristi, in which he advocated hateless war and which was signed together with the top general Gómez y Báez, hero of the Cuban Independence. He landed with him at Playitas, in the eastern tip of Cuba, where he died a month later, on the 19 of May 1895 during a skirmish with Spanish troops at Dos Ríos.

Como escritor marti fue un precursor del modernismo iberoamericano. sus escrituras incluyen numerosos poemas "ismaelillo" versos sencillos y versos libres la novela amistad funesta y ensayos. As a writer, Martí was a precursor of Ibero-American Modernism. His writings include numerous poems "Ismaelillo", simple verses and free verses, as well as the novel "Amistad Funesta" and some essays.

en 1889 fundo y dirigio la revista para ninos "La edad de oro" donde publico un texto sobre san martin In 1889 he founded and ran the children magazine "La Edad de Oro", where he published a text about St. Martin.

se destaco por su estilo fluido simple y su vividas imagenes personales sus obras completas formadas por 73 volumenes se publicaron desde 1936 y 1953 He stood out for his simple and fluent style and his lively personal images. His complete works -consisting of 73 volumes- were published between 1936 and 1953.
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by ahmednimo View Post
    muchicimas gracias citlalla
    De nada
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

VivaPalestina said:

Help Por favor!

Como se escribe - what are you writing?

No entiendo, puedes repetir, por favor - I dont understand can you repeat please?

Gracias amigos

VivaPalestina said:

Another question por favor

Habla con tu compranero = talk with a friend?

Gracias!

VivaPalestina said:

And some more (yes I'm doing my homework )

Completa estas palabras con las vocales = complete these words with the vowels?

Am I meant to guess?

c _ n _ = cine? (cinema?)
    t _ l _ f _ n _ = telefone? (telephone?)
    _ _ r _ p _ _ r t _ = aeropuerto? (airport?)
    c h _ c _l _ t _ = chocolate?
    r _s t _ _ r _ n t _ = restaurante?
    _ d _ _ s = jajajaja TWO letters? no idea
    p _ s _p _ r t _ = pasaporte? (passport?)

Gracias!!

VivaPalestina said:

Oh wait, adios?

kmmy said:

Hola Viva

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Help Por favor!

Como se escribe - how is it written

No entiendo, puedes repetir, por favor - I dont understand can you repeat please?

Gracias amigos

VivaPalestina said:

Please dont hate me Another question.

Paises = countries?
    Nacionalidades = nationalities?

Estados unidos = America? and estadounidense = american? how long!

Question: What is 'Palestine' and 'Palestinian' in spanish?

VivaPalestina said:

Gracias Kmmy!!

kmmy said:

and the others :

And some more (yes I'm doing my homework )

Completa estas palabras con las vocales = complete these words with the vowels?

Am I meant to guess?

c _ n _ = cine? (cinema?) ... can be also cena...
    t _ l _ f _ n _ = telefono? (telephone?)
    _ _ r _ p _ _ r t _ = aeropuerto? (airport?)
    c h _ c _l _ t _ = chocolate?
    r _s t _ _ r _ n t _ = restaurante?
    _ d _ _ s = adios
    p _ s _p _ r t _ = pasaporte? (passport?)

Gracias!!
    u r good! bravo

VivaPalestina said:

Gracias querida!

kmmy said:

de nada i like ur homeworks hehehe

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by kmmy View Post
    de nada i like ur homeworks hehehe
    So do I if only my maths engineering homework was like this *sigh*

But grammar verbs ending in AR coming up next

kmmy said:

you will see that those verbs arent thaaaaat hard ) for me everything is easier than math lol

ohh and ive jsut seen this one:

Another question por favor

Habla con tu companero = talk with your mate ?

Gracias!