Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by kmmy View Post
    lol. i learned spanish from novelas (yeah i know) but some years ago at school i had to choose some extra clases, and the options were spanish and romanian literature, so i chose spanish (ive studied romanian literature anyway in the normal ones ). and as most as my classmates i already knew spanish (the latino american one ) and the teacher was always telling us to not use certain words from the same reason as seydar's teacher. lol they have smth with latin america
    I find that quite impressive. I've met now a few people who've learnt spanish from novelas and I honestly admire them for that. I can't imagine myself picking a language like that! Concerning the other issue, I guess it has to do a lot with the fact that we live in europe; at least here in Germany ppl learn british english and spanish from Spain
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by seydarr View Post
    jajajjajaaj thats true...

and one thing: is it only different in imperfect subjunctive... as far as i remember there was no difference in present subjunctive...

muchas gracias por tu ayuda
    De nada amigo
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    that makes sense, but i would use toy de moda too. actually, i would say yo toy alante, but i haven't heard anybody outside of RD say that, so we'll just go with estoy de moda :P
    Yeah, since it's an idiomatic expression I think it may change quite a bit from country to country, that's why I said that's how we say it in Mexico. Anyway, as a translator I'm very picky and fussy about grammar, semantics and the rest; but after all languages are something alive, and something that's incorrect now may become totally correct spanish in a few decades
  4. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Yeah, since it's an idiomatic expression I think it may change quite a bit from country to country, that's why I said that's how we say it in Mexico. Anyway, as a translator I'm very picky and fussy about grammar, semantics and the rest; but after all languages are something alive, and something that's incorrect now may become totally correct spanish in a few decades
    yea that's true. i usually say "i would say" instead of "it is" because we all say different things and have different dialects. i've always been confused by mexicans' dialect, but recently i've been spending more time around mexicans and their families, so i'm starting to get used to it. last night i went to church with this girl because she asked me to be a chambelan for her quince and i actually understood almost everything. it kinda tripped me out that i knew so much jaja
  5. BAGurl said:

i dont know why but it seems odd that you say "i went to church with this girl"
    LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

seydarr said:

Quote Originally Posted by BAGurl View Post
    LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    you are right, but he/she uses slang language thats why it sounds like that... in written language im sure spanish or any other language will sounds a bit weirdbut nothing is wrong with it i think... "I think!"
    Είναι τα αισθήματα μου σαν θηρία ανήμερα, κι ούτε ξέρω πως τ' αντέχω και τα συγκρατώ.
  7. dmoney101 said:

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    why? because i said "this" and it's not literally "this" girl?

t.anglea@yahoo.com said:

Default helppp

ok so my boyfriends mom had messaged me in spanish she lives in colombia and i completely forgot to message her back and now she is like heyyy why didnt you message me back lol soo if you could translate what i want to say back to her it would be awesome [:

well here is what she said hola nena,como estas ,por que no me escribes y me cuentas como te sientes que piensas ,recuerda q soy una amiga mas ok saludes a mi hijo dile que lo quiero mucho bye

i feel baddd lol anyways i wanna say:

hola im sorry about not writing you back i have just been so stressed with my parents about the baby. my mom doesnt want me to have it and my dad just changed his mind and says he doesnt mind. Then David says he doesnt want to kill it but it is going to be lots of problems if we keep it and i think he really doesnt want me to keep it either but he will support whatever decision i make. so i dont know what to do. David is thinking that maybe adoption would be best but he doesnt think he could do taht once he saw the baby, so i have no idea. But hey i guess thats just part of life and growing up i need to take responsibility and come to a decision with david. i would like to keep the baby but i dont want to make a selfish decision regarding david.
  9. MaresLejanos said:

Hola, lo siento por tardar en responderte, es que he estado muy estresada con mis padres respecto del bebé. Mi mamá no quiere que lo tenga y mi papá sólo cambió de parecer y dice que no le importa. Entonces David dice que no lo quiere matar, pero que tenerlo nos va a traer muchos problemas, y creo que él realmente no quiero que lo tenga pero va a apoyarme en cualquier decisión que tome. No sé qué hacer. David está pensando que darlo en adopción podría ser lo mejor, pero el no piensa si va a poder darlo una vez que lo vea, así que no tengo idea. Pero.. ¡Ey! Supongo que esto es sólo parte de la vida y la madurez, necesita hacerme responsable y tomar una decisión. Me gustaría tener al bebé, pero no quiero tomar una decisión egoísta respecto de David. ¿Cómo están las cosas por Colombia?
    Last edited by MaresLejanos; 04-10-2009 at 11:06 AM.

citlalli said:

Hola nena,como estas ,por que no me escribes y me cuentas como te sientes que piensas ,recuerda q soy una amiga mas ok saludes a mi hijo dile que lo quiero mucho bye

Hi babe, how are you? why don't you write to me and tell me how you're feeling, what you're thinking. Remember I'm one more of your friends, ok? Say hello to my son and tell him I love him very much. Bye.

i feel baddd lol anyways i wanna say:

hola im sorry about not writing you back i have just been so stressed with my parents about the baby. my mom doesnt want me to have it and my dad just changed his mind and says he doesnt mind. Then David says he doesnt want to kill it but it is going to be lots of problems if we keep it and i think he really doesnt want me to keep it either but he will support whatever decision i make. so i dont know what to do. David is thinking that maybe adoption would be best but he doesnt think he could do taht once he saw the baby, so i have no idea. But hey i guess thats just part of life and growing up i need to take responsibility and come to a decision with david. i would like to keep the baby but i dont want to make a selfish decision regarding david.

Hola. Siento no haberle respondido, solo he andado un poco estresada con mis papás por el bebé. Mi mamá no quiere que lo tenga y mi papá acaba de cambiar de opinión y dice que como quiera. David dice que no quiere matarlo pero va a haber muchos problemas si nos lo quedamos y creo que el tampoco quiere que nos lo quedemos pero me apoyará en lo que decida. Por eso no sé que hacer. David cree que tal vez darlo en adopción sería lo mejor pero cree que si ve al bebé no podrá hacerlo, por eso no tengo ni idea. En fin, supongo que así es la vida y esto es parte de crecer; necesito asumir algo de responsabilidad y tomar una decisión junto con David. Me gustaría que nos quedemos con el bebé, pero no quiero ser egoista en lo que concierne a David

Good luck!!
    Last edited by citlalli; 04-10-2009 at 10:51 AM.

citlalli said:

@Mares: Sorryyyyy.... didn't see u had done it
  12. BAGurl said:

why? because i said "this" and it's not literally "this" girl?
    naw, it just sounds weird, i don't know why but i don't picture you as the type of person that goes to church! lol

citlalli said:

yea that's true. i usually say "i would say" instead of "it is" because we all say different things and have different dialects. i've always been confused by mexicans' dialect, but recently i've been spending more time around mexicans and their families, so i'm starting to get used to it. last night i went to church with this girl because she asked me to be a chambelan for her quince and i actually understood almost everything. it kinda tripped me out that i knew so much jaja
    You were a chambelan??
  14. MaresLejanos said:

@Mares: Sorryyyyy.... didn't see u had done it
    No problem
  15. dmoney101 said:

naw, it just sounds weird, i don't know why but i don't picture you as the type of person that goes to church! lol
    oh, jaja yea i know right? i told my homebody i was in church because he asked why i never hit em up and everybody around me was like "*** guero? why you go to church?" jaja

You were a chambelan??
    i'm gonna be. our first dance practice is today

Zahra2008 said:

Guys, please this is the first time I ask you as Moderator, but please stay on topic.. and use the chit chat to replay each other...

I do wanna sound like bossy, but you all, stick to the rulez!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
  17. aromafresco said:

can you help to translate this please. thank you so much.

"Hola amiga, que sepas que este grupo abió las puertas a otros como Medina Azahara o Alameda y fueron un referente en la fusión del flamenco."

"que bueno que hay alguien que hable español jajajajaja yo tampoco de ingles no se mucho.....si quieres yo t puedo ayudar y tu me ayudas a mi que t parece? bueno que tengas un lindo dia...estamos en contacto"

citlalli said:

Hi

"Hi my friend, I'd like you to know that this group opened the door to others such as Medina Azahara or Alameda and they are a point of reference regarding flamenco fusion."

"It's great there's somebody who speaks spanish hahaha I don't know much english either... if you want I can help you and you help me back. What do you think? Well, I wish you a nice day... we keep in touch."
  19. BAGurl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Guys, please this is the first time I ask you as Moderator, but please stay on topic.. and use the chit chat to replay each other...

I do wanna sound like bossy, but you all, stick to the rulez!!
    you DO or you DON'T wanna sound bossy???? I didn't get it...
  20. aromafresco said:

thank you for your help. and again i need a help.

" you make me blush. i know a little spanish but i really want to learn this language. i have some spanish friends and sometimes they teach me a litle spanish.