Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbuns View Post
    I don't understand these yet. I have 2 separate, confusing questions. Citlalli, can you help me?

I hoped Mario would arrive. Esperaba que Mario llegara.
    I hope Mario arrived. Espero que Mario haya llegado.

I don't understand why llegara works for 'would arrive' and not 'arrived' when it's a past tense subjunctive verb.

--------------------------------------

I hoped Mario would arrive. Esperaba que Mario llegara.
    I hoped Mario would have arrived. Esperaba que Mario hubiera llegado.

I don't see why these 2 can't be the same in Spanish. Especially if I hope Mario 'arrived' and I hope Mario 'has arrived' are both Espero que Mario haya llegado.
    Hello Angelbuns!

I've been thinking about this since I first read your post yesterday morning, but I must confess I haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer or a suitable link to help me give you a precise and correct answer I'll keep searching and trying to come up with something useful for you...
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

does anyone know of any nicknames for a girl like that you would call your friend besides something like

loquita,chica,chiquita,brujiis or bruja,puta,cunadita,

anyone know of any nicknames or ones that you guys would call your friends/girl friends or just playing around type of names anything like that ???
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    does anyone know of any nicknames for a girl like that you would call your friend besides something like

loquita,chica,chiquita,brujiis or bruja,puta,cunadita,

anyone know of any nicknames or ones that you guys would call your friends/girl friends or just playing around type of names anything like that ???
    I wouldn't call a friend of mine "puta" but well, it's up to you... here is what comes to my mind now:

-nena
    -linda
    -muñeca
    -preciosa
    -mi reina
    -flaca
    -chapis
    -gordis
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    translations

look my friend wants to be with you she told me that she thought you and her were going out right now or are you trying to tell me that you and her are still friends and tell me about your life what do you like to do in your free time or something i should know about you

my friend really likes you and she told me that and she never lies about that stuff and you are not ugly i have seen your pictures when i was with her she showed me your myspace
    Mira, mi amiga quiere estar contigo, me dijo que piensa que ella y tú están saliendo ahora, o me vas a decir que son aun amigos? Cuentame de tu vida, qué te gusta hacer en tus ratos libres o algo que creas debería saber de ti.

Realmente le gustas a mi amiga, ella me lo dijo y ella nunca miente en eso y tu no eres feo, ya vi tus fotos cuando estaba con ella porque me mostró tu página de myspace.
  5. lilbluebird26 said:

Unhappy need help with spanish translation please

im trying to write this to my daughter father, but need some help in correcting please.

maybe in this moment you are wondering "why are you writting me a letter".
    I want to know, do you want to be with me and why do you care what your friends think? are you that embarrassed by me? I hope one day you won't care what your friends think, but i want you to know, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry for the stress I cause and I'm sorry if your life changed for the bad because of me. please forgive me. I hope you know I only had ariana because I loved you and I want to know if you ever loved me or cared? I still love you and want to be with you, but i dont know what you feel for me. Even if you don't love me or care, I just want you to know how much I care about you and also let you know that I love you with all my heart forever.

tried my best, dont think some of its right, corrections please

quiero saber,quieres estar conmigo y por que te importa lo que tus amigos piensan y dicen? tu de que avergonzado de mi? Espero que un dia no te importa lo que tus amigos piensan. Pero que sepas, lo siento por todod lo que, lo siento si he hecho dano. lo siento por el estres que causa y lo siento si su vida ha camiado para mal,porque de mi, por favor perdoname.
    Espero que sabe que yo solo habia Ariana porque te amo y quiero saber alguna vez me amas o importaba?
    Todavia te amo y quiero estar contigo, pero no se lo que sientes por mi.
    incluso no me quieres o cuidado, solo quieres que sepas lo mucho que se preocupan por ti y tambien saber que te amo con todo mi corazon, para siempre.

bedroomeyes said:

Here you go!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluebird26 View Post
    im trying to write this to my daughter father, but need some help in correcting please.

maybe in this moment you are wondering "why are you writting me a letter".
    I want to know, do you want to be with me and why do you care what your friends think? are you that embarrassed by me? I hope one day you won't care what your friends think, but i want you to know, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry for the stress I cause and I'm sorry if your life changed for the bad because of me. please forgive me. I hope you know I only had ariana because I loved you and I want to know if you ever loved me or cared? I still love you and want to be with you, but i dont know what you feel for me. Even if you don't love me or care, I just want you to know how much I care about you and also let you know that I love you with all my heart forever.

tried my best, dont think some of its right, corrections please
    quizás te estás preguntando ahora "por qué me escribes una carta?" quiero saber, ¿quieres estar conmigo y por que te importa lo que tus amigos piensan y dicen? estás tan avergonzado de mi? Espero que un dia no te importe lo que tus amigos piensan. Pero quiero que sepas, lo siento por todo, lo siento si te he hecho dano. lo siento por el estres que causo y lo siento si tu vida ha cambiado para mal por mi [culpa], por favor perdoname.
    Espero que sepas que yo solo tuve a Ariana porque te amo y quiero saber si alguna vez me amabas o te importaba?
    aunque no me quieras o no te importe, solo quiero que sepas lo mucho que me preocupo por ti y tambien que te amo con todo mi corazon, para siempre.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein

CorazonInquieto said:

I hope this helps a bit and that I didn't overlook anything. I'm sure others can also translate this for you and to make sure I haven't missed anything!

quizás en este momento te estas preguntando "¿Por qué estás escribiendo a mí?"

Quiero saber si quieres estar conmigo, y por que te importa lo que tus amigos piensan y dicen? ¿Estas tan avergonzado de mi? Espero que un dia no te importe lo que tus amigos piensan, Pero sepas que, lo siento por todo lo que paso, lo siento si te he hecho daño. lo siento por el estrés que causó y lo siento si tu vida ha cambiado para mal/para lo peor (sounds better to me) ,porque de mi. Por favor perdoname.
    Espero que sepas que yo solo tuve a Ariana porque te amo y quiero saber si alguna vez me amabas/querías o si te importaba?
    aunque tu no me quieres o cuida, solo quiero que tu sepas lo mucho que me preocupo (or "nos preocupamos" for you and your daughter together) por ti y también sepa que te amo con todo mi corazón, para siempre.
    Last edited by CorazonInquieto; 12-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Por los cuentos que la luna relata, aprendí a caminar sin mapa...

CorazonInquieto said:

sorry Bedroomeyes!, I didn't mean that, you must have posted while I was still working on it.
    Por los cuentos que la luna relata, aprendí a caminar sin mapa...

x0babiigirlx0 said:

translations!!

come here and kiss me my lover let's play a game of house where i am your wifey and your my hubby and we will love each other untill the end we will create a beautiful family and you'll hold me with your arms and tell me beautiful things and i will listen and then we will make love together we can have the day of our lifes because i won't leave you

look i don't care what people have to say they are so jelous of you and me i swear we can make history you have such a pretty little heart and you are so gentle and kind to me your very sweet and your the best man and boyfriend i could ever ask for i swear i never thought i would ever be able to have someone in my life like you and now you got me smiling everyday for you and before i was for who ever loved me but now i stand by you

i love you and i just want you to give me kisses and tell me how much you love me like i love you because i swear we can get through this and we will make it untill life doesn't exsist anymore i love you so much more than my own life

i can't wait for the new year i have a feeling it's going to be a great one for me
    Last edited by x0babiigirlx0; 12-31-2009 at 08:31 AM.

LoOlya said:

Hey my lovely Spanish friends!
    how to say in Spanish :

Thank you my lovely friend, you're so sweet, I love you! Happy new year.. [to female for sure]

and how to say : I love Syria (so much), & proud to be Syrian.
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Hey my lovely Spanish friends!
    how to say in Spanish :
    :
    Thank you my lovely friend, you're so sweet, I love you! Happy new year..
    Gracias mi querida amiga, eres muy linda, ¡Te quiero! Feliz año nuevo

I love Syria (so much), & proud to be Syrian.
    Yo amo a Siria (mucho/demasiado), y orgullosa de ser de Siria
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

LoOlya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Thank you my lovely friend, you're so sweet, I love you! Happy new year..
    Gracias mi querida amiga, eres muy linda, ¡Te quiero! Feliz año nuevo

I love Syria (so much), & proud to be Syrian.
    Yo amo a Siria (mucho/demasiado), y orgullosa de ser de Siria
    Habibty Zahra, Shokran kteer! eres muy linda
    Thank you! =))
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Habibty Zahra, Shokran kteer! eres muy linda
    Thank you! =))
    3afwan ya habibty, wenti kaman!
  14. ELIANA14 said:

Unhappy translate to spanish please

hello can someone please traslate this......

U have destroyed our relationship,u are the same man as before, you will never change. i cant trust you anymore.I seen that you called her so dnt deny it. i knew you could never let her go but i stayed with you because i loved you and i didnt want to feel the pain of being witout you

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by ELIANA14 View Post
    hello can someone please traslate this......

U have destroyed our relationship,u are the same man as before, you will never change. i cant trust you anymore.I seen that you called her so dnt deny it. i knew you could never let her go but i stayed with you because i loved you and i didnt want to feel the pain of being witout you
    Has destruido nuestra relación, eres el mismo de siempre, nunca cambiarás. Ya no puedo confiar más en ti. Ya vi que la llamaste, así que ni lo niegues. Sabía que nunca podrías dejarla, pero me quedé contigo porque te amaba y no quería sentir el dolor de estar sin tí.
  16. Angelbuns said:

No problem, it's a doosy. I appreciate it but don't feel like you have too.

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Hello Angelbuns!

I've been thinking about this since I first read your post yesterday morning, but I must confess I haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer or a suitable link to help me give you a precise and correct answer I'll keep searching and trying to come up with something useful for you...
  17. Angelbuns said:

Default Couple small questions

When wishing someone a Feliz Año Nuevo, is the nuevo optional?

Also, is this correct: Disfrutaria verte borracho. I would enjoy seeing you drunk.

Thanks!

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelbuns View Post
    When wishing someone a Feliz Año Nuevo, is the nuevo optional?

Also, is this correct: Disfrutaria verte borracho. I would enjoy seeing you drunk.

Thanks!
    yep.. you are right in both!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation

yes i am in love with you and i would die for you

i gave you my whole world now let me enter your world and give you love and it's very sincere love

baby_girl_ said:

yes i am in love with you and i would die for you. / Sí estoy enamorada de ti y me iba a morir por ti.

i gave you my whole world now let me enter your world and give you love and it's very sincere love. / te di mi mundo entero, ahora dejame entrar en su mundo, y darte amor, es un amor muy sincero.