Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Citlalli... Thank you so very much.
    De nada Billie querida
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

citlalli said:

Are these sentences correct?

Espero que Mario llegue. I hope Mario arrives. Yes
    Espero que Mario haya llegado. I hope Mario has arrived. Yes
    Espero que Mario llegara. I hope Mario arrived. I'd say: " Espero que Mario haya llegado."
    Esperé/esperaba que Mario hubiera llegado. I hoped Mario had arrived. Yes

How do you say:

I hoped Mario would arrive. Esperaba que Mario llegase/llegara.
    I hoped Mario would have arrived. Esperaba que Mario hubiera/hubiese llegado. (yes, same as "I hoped he had arrived."

This is making my brain hurt! lol, yeah, I can imagine that!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Cool

Translations!!

it's not that i don't want you but i don't know what to do because i don't know if we feel the same and i feel like i can't talk to you or tell you i don't want to hurt you

I have a sincere love that is always by my side and always here to make me happy if i am not with him then i can't live my life anymore

translations spanish to english

cuanto tiempo llevas hay
    Last edited by x0babiigirlx0; 12-27-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

baby_girl_ said:

it's not that i don't want you but i don't know what to do because i don't know if we feel the same and i feel like i can't talk to you or tell you i don't want to hurt you / no es que no te quiero, pero no sé qué hacer porque no sé si sentimos lo mismo y siento que no puedo hablar con tigo o dirte que no quiero hacerte daño.

I have a sincere love that is always by my side and always here to make me happy if i am not with him then i can't live my life anymore. / Tengo un amor sincero que siempre está a mi lado y siempre está aquí para hacerme feliz, si no estoy con él, entonces ya no puedo vivir mi vida.

cuanto tiempo llevas hay. / How long have you been there

x0babiigirlx0 said:

translations!!

well on christmas me and my boyfriend has alittle problem and we broke up so i have been sad for the past days i have not found happiness in my life ever since we broke up and day and night i just cry and i don't know how to be happy and i don't know what to do with my self

i felt like i had a very sincere love but i think someone told my boyfriend i was a player and i am not a player i would never play with guys and their feelings i am very gentle with guys so it makes me sad that people do these things but i guess it's how life is

TheNuttyOne said:

Words like 'Ella' can be pronounced as "eja" and "eya". Is that a regional thing? Can you here that everywhere or does it depend what country the speaker is from?

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuttyOne View Post
    Words like 'Ella' can be pronounced as "eja" and "eya". Is that a regional thing? Can you here that everywhere or does it depend what country the speaker is from?
    It depends where the speaker's from. People from Argentine and Uruguay pronounce a very strong "j" sound for "ll" and sometimes also for "y" (like in "yo").

citlalli said:

@x0babiigirlx0:

well on christmas me and my boyfriend has alittle problem and we broke up so i have been sad for the past days i have not found happiness in my life ever since we broke up and day and night i just cry and i don't know how to be happy and i don't know what to do with my self
    Bueno, en Navidad mi novio y yo tuvimos un problemita y rompimos, por eso he estado triste en los ultimos días; no me siento feliz desde que terminamos y lloro día y noche y no sé cómo ser feliz ni que hacer conmigo misma.

i felt like i had a very sincere love but i think someone told my boyfriend i was a player and i am not a player i would never play with guys and their feelings i am very gentle with guys so it makes me sad that people do these things but i guess it's how life is
    Sentía que tenía un amor muy sincero, pero creo que alguien le dijo a mi novio que yo sólo estaba jugando, pero yo no estaba jugando, nunca jugaría con los chicos y sus sentimientos; soy muy cortés con los chicos y me entristece que la gente haga estas cosas, pero supongo que así es la vida.
  9. aromafresco said:

please help me

" i wish you a very happy new year. thanks for this beautiful picture.
    i really like this song. thanks for sharing with me. it's really good. "

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    please help me

" i wish you a very happy new year. thanks for this beautiful picture.
    i really like this song. thanks for sharing with me. it's really good. "
    "Te deseo un muy próspero año nuevo. Gracias por esta hermosa foto.
    Realmente me gusta esta canción. Gracias por compartirla conmigo. Es realmente buena."

x0babiigirlx0 said:

translations!!

do you catch your breath when i look at you do you ever think it could be just us two together because when i see you look at me i know that just for a second i have crossed your mind and i was in your thoughts i can tell by the way you look at me and try to hide it

why do you hide your feelings from me because perhaps we could make this something just you and me because this crush i have on you is not going away and it won't ever stop

it's so hard to love someone else when you only have your heart set on that one guy and i know i won't be able to stop loving you ever since i saw you i knew this was going to be a love that would never go away no matter what i do i can't stop thinking about you and sometimes i think maybe i am not in love with you anymore but that was just a lie because deep down i still have feelings for you

you can't do it like me you know how i roll with crew only thing i have to say is two fingers up
    Last edited by x0babiigirlx0; 12-28-2009 at 11:05 AM.

baby_girl_ said:

do you catch your breath when i look at you? do you ever think it could be just us two together because when i see you look at me i know that just for a second i have crossed your mind and i was in your thoughts i can tell by the way you look at me and try to hide it. / Te recuperas el aliento cuando te miro?Alguna vez piensas que podría ser sólo nosotros dos juntos, porque cuando veo que me miras sé que sólo por un segundo me has cruzado por la mente y yo estaba en sus pensamientos, puedo decir por la manera en que me miras y tratas de ocultarla.

why do you hide your feelings from me because perhaps we could make this something just you and me because this crush i have on you is not going away and it won't ever stop. / Por qué escondes tus sentimientos de mí, tal vez podríamos hacer este algo sólo tú y yo, porque esta aplasta que tengo en ti no va a desaparecer y jamás no parará.

it's so hard to love someone else when you only have your heart set on that one guy and i know i won't be able to stop loving you. ever since i saw you i knew this was going to be a love that would never go away no matter what i do i can't stop thinking about you and sometimes i think maybe i am not in love with you anymore but that was just a lie because deep down i still have feelings for you. / Es tan difícil amar a alguien más (a otra persona) cuando sólo tiene su corazón puesto en ése tipo, y sé que no será capaz de dejar de amarte. Desde que te vi sabía que esto iba a ser un amor que nunca se iría, no importa lo que hago no puedo dejar de pensar en ti,y a veces pienso que tal vez ya no te amo, pero eso fue sólo una mentira porque muy al fondo yo todavía tengo sentimientos para ti.
  13. Angelbuns said:

I don't understand these yet. I have 2 separate, confusing questions. Citlalli, can you help me?

I hoped Mario would arrive. Esperaba que Mario llegara.
    I hope Mario arrived. Espero que Mario haya llegado.

I don't understand why llegara works for 'would arrive' and not 'arrived' when it's a past tense subjunctive verb.

--------------------------------------

I hoped Mario would arrive. Esperaba que Mario llegara.
    I hoped Mario would have arrived. Esperaba que Mario hubiera llegado.

I don't see why these 2 can't be the same in Spanish. Especially if I hope Mario 'arrived' and I hope Mario 'has arrived' are both Espero que Mario haya llegado.
    Last edited by Angelbuns; 12-28-2009 at 01:48 PM.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translations english to spanish !!

you can't do it like me you know how i roll with crew only thing i have to say is two fingers up

Look admit it because you can't handle me and i am too much for you so i don't know what to say to you anymore
    Last edited by x0babiigirlx0; 12-29-2009 at 10:53 AM.

I.love.Greece said:

tu no puedes hacerlo como yo, tu sabes como yo juego con mi equipo, lo unico que te puedo decir es dos dedos arriba

Look admit it because you can't handle me and i am too much for you so i don't know what to say to you anymore
    Mira, admitirlo porque to no puedes tener pacencia conmigo i yo soy mucho (demasiado) para ti, no se que decirte mas...
    Србија и Грчка заувек заједно!
    Ελλαδα και Σερβια για πάντα μαζί!
    个个个个个个个个个个个个个个个个个

x0babiigirlx0 said:

also i am looking for other names to call a guy and like the sweet types of names besides these

precioso,lindo,bonito,chavo,loquito,chiquito,oso de peluche,amorcito,corazon

does anyone have any other sweet names that you can call a guy or something very cute???
  17. PameLaa said:

mi vida... lol That's what I used to say....

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    also i am looking for other names to call a guy and like the sweet types of names besides these

precioso,lindo,bonito,chavo,loquito,chiquito,oso de peluche,amorcito,corazon

does anyone have any other sweet names that you can call a guy or something very cute???
    I use these ones with my honey:

bebe ~ bebito (baby, little baby)
    papasito (daddy but as handsome)
    nene (baby)
    cariño (sweetheart)
    bombon (like candy)
    gordo ~ gordito (this one means fat, but is not mean to say that)
    puchunguis (I cant find you a transltion, but is very cute as nickname lol)
    cielo (sky)
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translations english to spanish !!

i have anger problems and sometimes i get carried away and thats why i think sometimes you are with other girls i am sorry but i can't help it i have some problems in my life but please don't think i am weird

love of my life everyday you are in my thoughts and mind and i can't explain how i feel for you but i get these feelings everyday because i want you closer to me so we can kiss and never stop i want to feel your lips on mine and i want to put my arms around you i just want you to hold me and never let go

i want to tell you something i want to have a beautiful family with you and we will have our children together and you will be my husband and i can be your wife and lets promise each other one thing we won't stop loving each other because i want you to know what i feel for you is never going to go away so i am yours forever untill life doesn't exist anymore i am yours so don't forget it

baby_girl_ said:

i have anger problems and sometimes i get carried away and thats why i think sometimes you are with other girls i am sorry but i can't help it i have some problems in my life but please don't think i am weird. / Tengo problemas de cólera y a veces me dejo llevar, por eso creo que a veces estás con otras chicas. Lo siento pero no puedo evitarlo, tengo algunos problemas en mi vida, pero por favor, no creas que soy rara.

love of my life everyday you are in my thoughts and mind and i can't explain how i feel for you but i get these feelings everyday because i want you closer to me so we can kiss and never stop i want to feel your lips on mine and i want to put my arms around you i just want you to hold me and never let go. / Amor de mi vida, todos los días estás en mis pensamientos y no puedo explicar lo que siento por ti, pero cada dia consigo estos sentimientos, porque quiero que seás más cerca de mí para que nos podemos besar, y nunca pararnos, quiero sentir tus labios sobre los míos y quiero abrazarte (poner mis brazos alrededor de ti). Sólo quiero que me abraces y nunca dejarme ir.

i want to tell you something i want to have a beautiful family with you and we will have our children together and you will be my husband and i can be your wife and lets promise each other one thing we won't stop loving each other because i want you to know what i feel for you is never going to go away so i am yours forever untill life doesn't exist anymore i am yours so don't forget it. / Quiero decirte algo, quiero tener una hermosa familia contigo y tendremos a nuestros niños juntos y tu serás mi marido y yo puedo ser tu esposa y vamos a prometirnos una cosa, no dejaremos de amar el uno al otro, porque quiero que sepas que lo que siento por ti nunca va a desaparecer, así que soy tuya para siempre hasta que la vida ya no existe, soy tuya así que no lo olvides.