Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    and just so you know, if you call a girl buena, it's the same as calling her fine, so that's not a good word for a lot of contexts jaja
    You're right dmoney some words have different meanings according to the context in which they were used or the country. Here in Spain a usual girl name is Concha or Conchita (From Concepción) but don't try to name a girl like that in Argentina

guess.who.bebek said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    and just so you know, if you call a girl buena, it's the same as calling her fine, so that's not a good word for a lot of contexts jaja
    yes your right but it depends how you say it!
    In this case it didnt make any sense in the way you said it. If you know spanish very well you should know this by reading it. If you are a learner well you just have to see what the situation is to know what meaning the people r talking about ok
    Just for your info.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpPe_xvihA
  3. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by guess.who.bebek View Post
    yes your right but it depends how you say it!
    In this case it didnt make any sense in the way you said it. If you know spanish very well you should know this by reading it. If you are a learner well you just have to see what the situation is to know what meaning the people r talking about ok
    Just for your info.
    "INCREIBLE tu eres muy buena!"

lol, i could definitely see that being used 2 ways :P

guess.who.bebek said:

You need to read the whole paragraph! lol
  5. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by guess.who.bebek View Post
    You need to read the whole paragraph! lol
    i got a short attention span, i just pick up on what i want jaja

guess.who.bebek said:

oooh true !!! I just notice lol... well since you are like that! I would prefer not to talk about it
    jajaja
  7. KRedding said:

Default Help with Spanish

I'm sure there is some rule of Spanish grammar that would explain this, but these words aren't in my dictionary. I'm trying to translate an email I received, any help would be appreciated - not sure if this is slang or just a form I'm not familiar with:

abrazote
    poquitito
    cuidense
    disfrutala
    dejenme
    queridisimos

Gracias !
    Kathi

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by KRedding View Post
    I'm sure there is some rule of Spanish grammar that would explain this, but these words aren't in my dictionary. I'm trying to translate an email I received, any help would be appreciated - not sure if this is slang or just a form I'm not familiar with:

abrazote ( superlative abrazo --> abrazote) big hug
    poquitito (diminutive poco --> poquitito) very little, few
    cuidense ( verb cuidarse imperative 2nd pers plural) take care
    disfrutala (verb disfrutar imperativo 2nd pers. singular) enjoy it
    dejenme (verb dejar imperative 2nd pers. plural) let me
    queridisimos ( superlative queridos --> queridísimos) dearest

Gracias !
    Kathi
    hope it helps
  9. ELIANA14 said:

Default Translate Sentence To Spanish Please

I Am Not Saying I Am, Im Only Saying Lets Hope I Am Not, IF I AM I WONT TELL U OR ANYONE ELSE

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by ELIANA14 View Post
    I Am Not Saying I Am, Im Only Saying Lets Hope I Am Not, IF I AM I WONT TELL U OR ANYONE ELSE
    No estoy diciendo que lo soy, solo estoy diciendo espero que no lo sea, si lo soy no te lo diria a ti o a nadie (o a ningun otro)

the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    No estoy diciendo que lo soy, solo estoy diciendo espero que no lo sea, si lo soy no te lo diria a ti o a nadie (o a ningun otro)

¡Menudo trabalenguas!
  12. ELIANA14 said:

Default I Need Help

Im Confused. When I Want To Say,'' This Is The Last Time You Will See It''.

Do I Say - Es El Ultimo Vez Or Es La Ultima Vez

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by ELIANA14 View Post
    Im Confused. When I Want To Say,'' This Is The Last Time You Will See It''.

Do I Say - Es El Ultimo Vez Or Es La Ultima Vez
    Es la ultima vez
  14. rizzymunchy said:

hey can anyone help with translating these files to english from spanish please , i understand most of what is said but just need it clarified they are only small files , hope someone can help

http://www.zshare.net/audio/189576392825a365/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/189577833a92311f/

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by rizzymunchy View Post
    hey can anyone help with translating these files to english from spanish please , i understand most of what is said but just need it clarified they are only small files , hope someone can help

http://www.zshare.net/audio/189576392825a365/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/189577833a92311f/
    file one

no pude mi amor
    I couldnt my love
    hoy no pude, pero quizas mañana
    today, I couldnt, but maybe tomorrow
    porque no esta aqui
    because wasnt here
    donde yo preguntar no esta aqui ahora
    where I ask is not here now
    quizas mañana
    maybe tomorrow
    estaba mucho pensando en ti
    I was thinking of you so much

file two

termino de cenar ahora
    I finish dinner now
    estoy en mi cama viendo un poco de television
    I'm on my bed watching a little television
    pensando en la mujer que amo (2 times)
    thinking of the woman that I love
    pensando mucho en la mujer que quiero
    thinking a lot about women who I want
    tú sabes brujita
    You know brujita
    si brujita
    yes brujita

brujita literaly means witch, but i guess its a nickname to you, as nice way...

Hope helps you
  16. rizzymunchy said:

hey thanks babes , would of sent to you but couldnt get on to msn , thanks again

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by rizzymunchy View Post
    hey thanks babes , would of sent to you but couldnt get on to msn , thanks again
    haha, dont worry, its ok!!

u'r welcome
  18. rizzymunchy said:

Hi is it possible if someone could listen to this file and tell me what was said from spanish to english please, thanks

http://www.zshare.net/audio/19006945ccae3677/
  19. KRedding said:

Default Help with an Email (Spanish to English)

I want to make sure I understand before replying! Thanks for your help . . .
    Kathi

Gracias por su comentario y bueno yo que he bisto a mi tio luchar se lo que le ha costado. Varias veses intento lanzarse de solista pera desgraciadamente la televisora no lo apoyo porque siempre estaba alguen por delante. A eso es a lo que me referia pero apesar de eso el ha sabido sobresalir grasias al cariño de la gente como usted que saben apreciar a los buenos artistas

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by KRedding View Post
    I want to make sure I understand before replying! Thanks for your help . . .
    Kathi

Gracias por su comentario y bueno yo que he bisto a mi tio luchar se lo que le ha costado. Varias veses intento lanzarse de solista pera desgraciadamente la televisora no lo apoyo porque siempre estaba alguen por delante. A eso es a lo que me referia pero apesar de eso el ha sabido sobresalir grasias al cariño de la gente como usted que saben apreciar a los buenos artistas
    Thank you for your comment, and well, having seen my uncle struggle, I know what it has cost him. Several times he intended to launch (his career) as a soloist, but unfortunately, the television (?) didn't support him because there was always someone infront of him. That is what I was referring to, but inspite of that, he has learned how to stick it out, thanks to the love of people like yourself who know how to appreciate good artists.

Edit - 9/18/08: Thank you for your comment, and well, having seen my uncle struggle, I know what it has cost him. Several times he intended to launch (his career) as a soloist, but unfortunately, the (female) broadcaster didn't support him because there was always someone ahead of him. That is what I was referring to, but inspite of that, he has learned how to stick it out, thanks to the love of people like yourself who know how to appreciate good artists.

Thank you for helping out. I had never heard the word "televisora" before... that makes better sense now.
    Last edited by damarys; 09-20-2008 at 12:20 AM.