Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by baby_girl_ View Post
    yes i am in love with you and i would die for you. / Sí estoy enamorada de ti y me iba a morir por ti.

i gave you my whole world now let me enter your world and give you love and it's very sincere love. / te di mi mundo entero, ahora dejame entrar en su mundo, y darte amor, es un amor muy sincero.
    Hi!

Little correction:

"I would die for you"=me moriría por ti. ("me iba a morir por ti"=I was going to die for you )
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

AnnaFoster said:

Default Que onda responses

Hi, when someone says "que onda" and I just want to say "not much" what is the best way to say that in Spanish?

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    Hi, when someone says "que onda" and I just want to say "not much" what is the best way to say that in Spanish?
    I usually answer like this:

not much = no mucho
    nothing, as usual= nada, todo sigue igual
    as usual = lo mismo de siempre or todo sigue igual
    well here, all the same = pues aqui, todo igual
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

AnnaFoster said:

Thank you! Very helpful. And is "nomas aquí" just like saying "just here" Like, just here hangin' out. chillin' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    I usually answer like this:

not much = no mucho
    nothing, as usual= nada, todo sigue igual
    as usual = lo mismo de siempre or todo sigue igual
    well here, all the same = pues aqui, todo igual

citlalli said:

Thank you! Very helpful. And is "nomas aquí" just like saying "just here" Like, just here hangin' out. chillin' etc.
    Yes, exactly
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

translations!!

i am happily married and i won't ever divorce this guy he means everything to me

me and him belong together and i this is what i wanted he gave me happiness and i want to have his children
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

I.love.Greece said:

i am happily married and i won't ever divorce this guy he means everything to me
    estoy felizmente casada y no me voy a devorciar de mi marido porque el significa todo para mi

me and him belong together and i this is what i wanted he gave me happiness and i want to have his children
    yo i el nacimos para estar juntos, y yo, esto es lo que yo quisiera, el me hace feliz y yo quiero sus jijos.
    Србија и Грчка заувек заједно!
    Ελλαδα και Σερβια για πάντα μαζί!
    个个个个个个个个个个个个个个个个个

Zahra2008 said:

... hey just some misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by I.love.Greece View Post
    estoy felizmente casada y no me voy a divorciar de mi marido porque el significa todo para mi

yo y el nacimos para estar juntos, y yo, esto es lo que yo queria, el me hace feliz y yo quiero tener a sus hijos.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

trAnslations!!

i moved to queens so now i live with my sister and her two homegirls because my parents moved back to honduras and my sibilings live with their girlfriend or boyfriend so basically me and my sister are the only young ones besides my little cousins and nieces and newphews so yeah we should like chill alot
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

CorazonInquieto said:

Yo me mudé a Queens y ahora Yo vivo con mi hermana y dos de sus amigas / chicas del barrio, porque mis padres regresaron a Honduras y mis hermanos viven con sus cónyuges(spouses) / novios/novias. Básicamente, mi hermana y yo somos las únicas jóvenes, además de mis primitos y sobrinas y sobrinos. Debemos janguear(slang) / pasar el rato mucho!
    Last edited by CorazonInquieto; 01-04-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    Por los cuentos que la luna relata, aprendí a caminar sin mapa...

Zahra2008 said:

may I??

Quote Originally Posted by CorazonInquieto View Post
    Yo me mudé a Queens y ahora Yo vivo con mi hermana y dos de sus amigas / chicas del barrio, porque mis padres regresaron a Honduras y mis hermanos viven con sus cónyuges(spouses) / novios/novias. Básicamente, mi hermana y yo somos las únicas jóvenes, además de mis primos pequeños y sobrinas y sobrinos. Debemos janguear(slang) / pasar el rato mucho!

CorazonInquieto said:

ahh! haha, Gracias Zahra, I didn't even notice it!
    Happy New Year to You! Thanks again.

Zahra2008 said:

ahh! haha, Gracias Zahra, I didn't even notice it!
    Happy New Year to You! Thanks again.
    you're welcome ... and Happy New Year to you too
  14. dmoney101 said:

Yo me mudé a Queens y ahora Yo vivo con mi hermana y dos de sus amigas / chicas del barrio, porque mis padres regresaron a Honduras y mis hermanos viven con sus cónyuges(spouses) / novios/novias. Básicamente, mi hermana y yo son las únicas jóvenes, además de mis primos pequeños y sobrinas y sobrinos. Debemos janguear(slang) / pasar el rato mucho!
    the only thing i'd say to change is mi hermana y yo somos (instead of son)
    and instead of primos pequeños you could just use primitos. it saves time lol

CorazonInquieto said:

si, gracias. Zahra had pointed out the "son" also lol, I'll change it in the origional post. and you are very right about "primitos", thanks again!
  16. dmoney101 said:

si, gracias. Zahra had pointed out the "son" also lol, I'll change it in the origional post. and you are very right about "primitos", thanks again!
    oh my bad, i didn't even read the posts on this page. i only saw your original one

AnnaFoster said:

Default chocolate syrup

How do I say "you would taste great with chocolate syrup"

Probarás bien con jarabe de chocolate
    Probarías bien con jarabe de chocolate

?
    Last edited by AnnaFoster; 01-04-2010 at 11:02 PM.

citlalli said:

How do I say "you would taste great with chocolate syrup"

Probarás bien con jarabe de chocolate
    Probarías bien con jarabe de chocolate

?
    "Sabrías bien/rico(a)/delicioso(a) con jarabe de chocolate."

damarys said:

citlalli, just wondering, would this phrases even be said in this fashion? It sounds ackward to say it this way. There should be another way to describe the same idea; I'm stuck on how to make this sound like something someone would say, without being vulgar. LOL!

Of course, I'm just fascinated with the conjugation of the verb... not necessarily the content of the sentence..... jajajaja!

CorazonInquieto said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    oh my bad, i didn't even read the posts on this page. i only saw your original one
    Dmoney, It's cool, help is always appreciated!