Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    citlalli, just wondering, would this phrases even be said in this fashion? It sounds ackward to say it this way. There should be another way to describe the same idea; I'm stuck on how to make this sound like something someone would say, without being vulgar. LOL!

Of course, I'm just fascinated with the conjugation of the verb... not necessarily the content of the sentence..... jajajaja!
    Mmhhh, yeah, I think so... I mean, I've never said it but ít sounds kind of normal to me. Another option would be "Te me antojas con jarabe de chocolate" (although it's slightly different, I feel like/ am craving for (eating) you with chocolate syrup ).
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Anyone able to help me make sentences in for the future using the future tense????

this is an example: En el futuro, la gente vivirá en la luna.

So i need help with the sentences and i need help conjugating the verbs in the future tense !!

These are the verbs that need to be in the sentences conjugated in the future tense

hablar, aprender, andar, escuchar, poner, hacer, saber, tomar, beber,comer

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out because i am having trouble comming up with sentences with the future tense so i need alittle help !!
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

citlalli said:

-El Presidente de los EEUU hablará en un mensaje ante el Congreso. (The president of the US will speak in a message before the Congress).
    -¡Sólo así aprenderás! (That's the only way you'll learn!)
    -Escucharé el mensaje que me dejó otra vez. (I'll listen once more to the message he left for me.)
    -Pondré tu foto en mi cartera. (I'll put your photo in my wallet.)
    -Haré la tarea más tarde. (I'll do the homework later.)
    -Sabré la verdad tarde o temprano. (I'll know the truth sooner or later.)
    -Tomaré el tren de las 8. (I'll take the 8 o'clock train.)
    -Beberé un vaso de leche antes de dormir. (I'll drink a glass of milk before sleeping.)
    -Comeremos en un restaurante chino mañana. (Tomorrow we'll eat at a chinese restaurant.)
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translations!!

she is wearing a pretty blue dress with poka dots and a fancy black belt, she's also got on a scarf and pretty jewelary with her black high heels.

He's wearing some blue pants, and a striped shirt with a tie that has flowers

This guy has a fancy outfit to go to work with stripes a hat and shoes

This girl is wearing a plaid skirt and a shirt with flowers

He looks really bundled up warm for the winter he has a really heavy jacket with a scarf covering his face and he also has an umbrella

he looks like he is going to a concert to play his guitar he has on high shoes with blue pants and a fancy cowboy shirt

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    citlalli, just wondering, would this phrases even be said in this fashion? It sounds ackward to say it this way. There should be another way to describe the same idea; I'm stuck on how to make this sound like something someone would say, without being vulgar. LOL!

Of course, I'm just fascinated with the conjugation of the verb... not necessarily the content of the sentence..... jajajaja!
    ¡Hola!

I've been thinking about this & I reckon the most natural way to say it would be "Has de saber rico con jarabe de chocolate" (You must taste good with choc syrup). Well, at least that's how I'd say it

citlalli said:

@x0babiigirlx0:

she is wearing a pretty blue dress with poka dots and a fancy black belt, she's also got on a scarf and pretty jewelary with her black high heels. Trae un lindo vestido azul moteado/de lunares/de bolitas y un cinturón negro muy elaborado, también tiene una bufanda/un pañuelo y joyería bonita con sus tacones negros.

*use "bufanda" if it's wool or something similar for cold weather; and "pañuelo" if you mean something made of silk or some other lighter fabric.

He's wearing some blue pants, and a striped shirt with a tie that has flowers
    Trae pantalones azules y una camisa a rayas con corbata de flores.

This guy has a fancy outfit to go to work with stripes a hat and shoes Este chico tiene un traje para trabajar que es elegante, a rayas y con sombrero y zapatos.

This girl is wearing a plaid skirt and a shirt with flowers Esta chica lleva una falda a cuadros y una blusa floreada.

He looks really bundled up warm for the winter he has a really heavy jacket with a scarf covering his face and he also has an umbrella Se ve muy bien abrigado para el invierno, lleva una chamarra muy gruesa con una bufanda que le cubre el rostro, y también tiene una sombrilla.

he looks like he is going to a concert to play his guitar he has on high shoes with blue pants and a fancy cowboy shirt Se ve como si fuera a tocar su guitarra en un concierto, pues lleva zapatos altos, pantalones azules y una llamativa camisa vaquera.

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Help !!

need help with these sentences to make them into the future tense

1. El libro no __________ en el gabinete. (caber)

2. Nosotros __________ el sábado por la noche. (salir)

3. ¿A qué hora __________ Uds. a casa?

4. El presidente ___________ la verdad. (decir)

5. Yo ___________ que limpiar mi cuarto. (necesitar)

6. Yo _________ con mis amigos. (estudiar)

7. Tú ________ en españa. (estudiar)

8. Usted ________ mucho. (estudiar)

9. El ________ francés (estudiar)

10. Ella _______ esta noche. (estudiar)

11. Nosotros _________ en la escuela. (estudiar)

12. Vosotros ________ manaña. (estudiar)

13. Ustedes _______ ruso. (estudiar)

14. Ellos ________ con Paco. (estudiar)

15. Ellas ________ después. (estudiar)

seviedo said:

Help !!

need help with these sentences to make them into the future tense

1. El libro no CABRÁ en el gabinete. (caber)

2. Nosotros SALDREMOS el sábado por la noche. (salir)

3. ¿A qué hora ___?¿¿?¿?¿?__ Uds. a casa?

4. El presidente DIRÁ la verdad. (decir)

5. Yo NECESITARÉ limpiar mi cuarto. (necesitar) <--- WITHOUT "QUE"

6. Yo ESTUDIARÉ con mis amigos. (estudiar)

7. Tú ESTUDIARÁS en españa. (estudiar)

8. Usted ESTUDIARÁ mucho. (estudiar)

9. El ESTUDIARÁ francés (estudiar)

10. Ella ESTUDIARÁ esta noche. (estudiar)

11. Nosotros ESTUDIAREMOS en la escuela. (estudiar)

12. Vosotros ESTUDIARÉIS manaña. (estudiar)

13. Ustedes ESTUDIARÁN ruso. (estudiar)

14. Ellos ESTUDIARÁN con Paco. (estudiar)

15. Ellas ESTUDIARÁN después. (estudiar)

http://www.wordreference.com/conj/ES...asp?v=ESTUDIAR <-----

SEE YA!

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    ¡Hola!

I've been thinking about this & I reckon the most natural way to say it would be "Has de saber rico con jarabe de chocolate" (You must taste good with choc syrup). Well, at least that's how I'd say it

This sounds good.... uh, pun not intended, but funny!

citlalli said:

Jajajaja Damarys!! Qué pícara me resultaste

x0babiigirlx0 said:

translations !!

en los estados unidos se puede regatear en......

la tela

el algoolón

La lana

la seda

el lino

la piel

el terciopelo

la pana

el plástico

el nilón

el caucho

la goma

hecho de

el collar

la corbata

la manga larga

un botón

la manga corta

el bosillo

el puno

el paquete
  12. aromafresco said:

Could you please help me?

"por favor...conta mas de tu, como bailaora."

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    Could you please help me?

"por favor...conta mas de tu, como bailaora."
    "Please... tell me more about you as a bailaora."

citlalli said:

en los estados unidos se puede regatear en...... In the US you can haggle over...

la tela fabric

el algoolón cotton

La lana wool

la seda silk

el lino linen

la piel leather

el terciopelo velvet

la pana corduroy

el plástico plastic

el nilón nylon

el caucho rubber

la goma rubber

hecho de made of

el collar necklace

la corbata tie

la manga larga long sleeve

un botón button

la manga corta short sleeve

el bosillo pocket

el puno cuff

el paquete parcel
  15. aromafresco said:

thank you Citlalli and again could you help me?

" She was a queen and she was really important. Whatever I write I just can't seem to find the words to express my love for her. There is no limit to my admiration for her.

I love to dance, flamenco is my life. God gave us the ability to perform this wonderful music and dance to compensate for all the things which we were lacking. flamenco is simply part of everyday life; it's our way of transmitting our emotions and expressing our feelings through music and dance. . I love to entertain and I love flamenco, and these two things give me great pleasure"

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    thank you Citlalli and again could you help me?

" She was a queen and she was really important. Whatever I write I just can't seem to find the words to express my love for her. There is no limit to my admiration for her.

I love to dance, flamenco is my life. God gave us the ability to perform this wonderful music and dance to compensate for all the things which we were lacking. flamenco is simply part of everyday life; it's our way of transmitting our emotions and expressing our feelings through music and dance. . I love to entertain and I love flamenco, and these two things give me great pleasure"
    Sure!

"Era una reina y era realmente alguien importante. Sin importar lo que escriba, simplemente parece que no puedo hallar las palabras para expresar mi amor por ella. No hay limites a la admiración que tengo por ella.

Amo bailar, el flamenco es mi vida. Dios nos Dio la habilidad de crear esta maravillosa música y de bailar para compensar todo lo que nos falta. El flamenco es simplemente parte de nuestra vida cotidiana; es nuestra manera de transmitir nuestras emociones y de dar expresión a nuestros sentimientos a través de la música y el baile. Me encanta entretener y amo el flamenco, y estas dos cosas me producen gran placer."
  17. aromafresco said:

thank you very much for your help!!!

citlalli said:

De nada

x0babiigirlx0 said:

translations!!

i am so excited i am having a baby i am pregnant and by the love of my love i love him so much
  20. Lady_A said:

My try

Soy tan emocionada. Estoy esperando un hijo, estoy embarazada y con el amor de mis amores. Lo amo tanto...