Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translations!!

can i ask you a question i don't mean to be mean or rude but why is it that everytime you let me see you on your webcam your phone rings and then you tell me you have to go some where? i mean like i said i'm not trying to be rude but it's funny how everytime you talk to me and i see you on webcam you have to go and i only get to talk to you for ten minutes are you seeing someone or something? i mean it's your business not mine and i don't care because i am trying to be your friend but it's kind of a coincidence how this happens everytime i talk to you

i know you hate me but can you please do me a favor and ask your brother what the deal is with his phone because i think he told me he was getting a new phone over the weekend but i can't even talk to him because he's hardly on the computer so i need to know when he is getting his phone can you please help me out because i can't get in contact with him anywhere else
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

AnnaFoster said:

Translated to English that's pretty funny. Is that an actual Salvadorian saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Erito View Post
    well then let's think in something else....

Teníamos planes pero tú los mandaste a volar
    you blew me off / me mandaste a volar

that's the last I can think I hope someone can give us a hand with this ;D

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    Translated to English that's pretty funny. Is that an actual Salvadorian saying?
    nop, cause we also (mexicans) say it, but if you wanna a really really mexican you can say it with bad words hahahahahhaah like:

Teníamos planes pero tú los mandaste a la chingada
    you blew me off / me mandaste a la chingada

the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

AnnaFoster said:

VERY good to know. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    nop, cause we also (mexicans) say it, but if you wanna a really really mexican you can say it with bad words hahahahahhaah like:

Teníamos planes pero tú los mandaste a la chingada
    you blew me off / me mandaste a la chingada

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translations!!

can i ask you a question i don't mean to be mean or rude but why is it that everytime you let me see you on your webcam your phone rings and then you tell me you have to go some where? i mean like i said i'm not trying to be rude but it's funny how everytime you talk to me and i see you on webcam you have to go and i only get to talk to you for ten minutes are you seeing someone or something? i mean it's your business not mine and i don't care because i am trying to be your friend but it's kind of a coincidence how this happens everytime i talk to you

i know you hate me but can you please do me a favor and ask your brother what the deal is with his phone because i think he told me he was getting a new phone over the weekend but i can't even talk to him because he's hardly on the computer so i need to know when he is getting his phone can you please help me out because i can't get in contact with him anywhere else
    ¿te puedo hacer una pregunta? no es que quiera ser mala o imprudente pero, ¿por qué timbra el teléfono cada vez que me dejas verte en tu webcam y luego me dices que te tienes que ir? bueno, como dije, no quiero ser ruda pero me parece curioso que siempre que me hablas y te miro en el webcam te tienes que ir y solo puedo hablar contigo por diez minutos. ¿es que andas con alguien más? digo, yo sé que es asunto tuyo y no mío y no me importa porque estoy tratando de ser tu amiga pero es como una casualidad que esto pase siempre que hablo contigo.

yo sé que me odias pero, me puedes hacer el favor de preguntarle a tu hermano qué es lo que sucede con su teléfono porque creo que me dijo que iba a conseguirse uno nuevo por el fin de semana pero ni siquiera puedo hablar con él porque casi nunca está en la computadora así que necesito saber cuándo va a conseguir el teléfono. ¿me ayudas por favor? porque no he podido comunicarme con él por ningún otro lado.

*I don't know how to say 'webcam' in Spanish.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein
  6. Erito said:

webcam is cámara web but we say webcam anyway because is shorter

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

are you having problems with your phone because i tried to call you all day today since the mourning and it keeps telling me the number or code you dialed is incorrect and it won't let me call you which is weird because every other day i was able to call you so can you call me?
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translation!!

are you having problems with your phone because i tried to call you all day today since the mourning and it keeps telling me the number or code you dialed is incorrect and it won't let me call you which is weird because every other day i was able to call you so can you call me?
    estas teniendo problemas con tu celular porque he tratado de llamarte todo el dia desde la mañana y sigue diciendome que el numero o codigo que marque es incorrecto y no me deja llamarte, lo cual es extraño porque otros dias yo podia llamarte, puedes llamarme?
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
  9. lilmami said:

Default are these sentences correct?

no matter what happens, remember that I have always loved you.
    pase lo que pase, recuerda que yo siempre te he amado

Berna said:

Quote Originally Posted by lilmami View Post
    no matter what happens, remember that I have always loved you.
    pase lo que pase, recuerda que yo siempre te he amado
    yes it's correct, you can also say ' No importa lo que pase' instead of 'pase lo que pase'

VivaPalestina said:

Im so confused....and cici is too busy...can someone help me out?

In spanish, what do the words a, ir, se, va, hacer, este, en mean?

Hacia donde va ella --> where is she going
    I know donde is where and ella is she, so what would hacia and va be?

Hacia donde va --> where is it going
    Does the va correspond to going and hacia it?

Voy a llegar a casa a las 5
    llegar = coming?
    I am coming home at 5, so what is voy and a and las?

A que hora vas a ir a trabajar
    Isnt que what? So how is this when?
    and many a's once again...what do they mean? I know Im asking a really stupid question as they probably have no equivalent in english and are in a different arrangement, but could someone try to find me an equivalent?

Thank you
  12. aromafresco said:

please help me friends

"yes, it's true."

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by aromafresco View Post
    please help me friends

"yes, it's true."
    My guess (could be totally wrong!):
    si, es verdad
  14. Erito said:

you're right Palestina about your questions I will try to help

Im so confused....and cici is too busy...can someone help me out?

In spanish, what do the words a, ir, se, va, hacer, este, en mean?

I know donde is where and ella is she, so what would hacia and va be?

Hacia donde va --> where is it going
    Does the va correspond to going and hacia it?

Voy a llegar a casa a las 5
    llegar = coming?
    I am coming home at 5, so what is voy and a and las?

A que hora vas a ir a trabajar
    Isnt que what? So how is this when?
    and many a's once again...what do they mean? I know Im asking a really stupid question as they probably have no equivalent in english and are in a different arrangement, but could someone try to find me an equivalent?
    that's right hacia is a complement of where and va expresses that she is doning an action they might not have an equivalent in English but they are necessary in spanish.
    OK first here in El Salvador we don't say ¿Hacia donde va ella?, we say ¿Para donde va ella? wich could be transalated as to where is she going?

Voy a llegar a casa a las 5 --> I am coming home at 5
    voy expresses that you will do something and "a las" is at.
    ie. See you at 7 --> te veo a las 7

A que hora vas a ir a trabajar --> at what time will you go to work?
    that's correct que is what? but when you're doing an Affirmation que will be "that"

I will look on a dictionary to gather more information

VivaPalestina said:

Thank you guapa (<-- I learnt a new word )

And the word a por favor?
  16. Erito said:

wait a minute I'm not a girl xD

anyway the word a is to
    example

¿a donde? --> to where?
    ¿a qué? ----> to what?

Usually a is used to ask something

VivaPalestina said:

Ooops perdon Gracias! Can I say guapo? Or is that totally messed up? Well gracias amigo if it doesnt

Thank you
  18. Erito said:

Yes guapa is for female and guapo for male

glad to help you
  19. lilmami said:

muchas gracias Berna :-))

Quote Originally Posted by Berna View Post
    yes it's correct, you can also say ' No importa lo que pase' instead of 'pase lo que pase'
  20. Angelbuns said:

Are both of these correct?

Estoy feliz que estás aquí.

Estoy feliz de que estés aquí.

I don't know why one would use one instead of the other. Why one is de que and the other is just que and why estés is used after de que instead of estás.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!