New here - Get yer identifying hats on...

Thread: New here - Get yer identifying hats on...

Tags: None
  1. JohnnyD said:

Default New here - Get yer identifying hats on...

Hi,

Right, this should be a challenge even for the best of you.

I heard a song way back around 79-81. Only heard it twice (on the Simon Bates show on Radio 1 in the morning in the UK). It sounds like Heaven 17 (but not one of the better known ones like Facisist Groove Thing or Temptation). I never got the time to go out & buy it.

Speed is around 120BPM.

It starts with a male vocal, quite low pitched, (sounds like he couldn't be bothered!), the bass line rhythm goes:

Verse:

E
    da da da da da da da da da da da da

Ab

C

Above x2

As it approaches the chorus, the production builds to a somewhat of a crecendo featuring a choir singing a quite gripping discordant chord.

That's all I can give you, short of coming round to your house & singing it to you!

I have tried every way I can think of to find out what this is, so I thought I try here.

It would be very nice to put me out of my 28-year misery!!!

JohnnyD

2. walshmalsh said:

Are you sure you dont know what any of the lyrics are?
    because really, with out them we cant really do much :/

3. JohnnyD said:

Default Get yer identifying hat on...

Hi walshmarsh,

No, I don't know any of the lyrics. I know it makes the job just that bit more difficult.

I never got the chance to listen to it that intently. I was in a workshop where I was in & out all the time and only caught bits of it, so all that is here is all that I can give. Sorry!

4. JohnnyD said:

Default Identifying hats at the ready!

I have recorded a (very bad) sample of the 1st half of the verse, repeats for the 2nd half. The bit after this is the choir thing. Had to attach a zip of it as I can't attach MP3's.

Hopefully this will jog someone's memory!

JohnnyD
    Attached Files