Merhaba, I need translation of "Gözlerin" (Zülfü Livanelli)

Thread: Merhaba, I need translation of "Gözlerin" (Zülfü Livanelli)

Tags: None
  1. tonisalado said:

Default Merhaba, I need translation of "Gözlerin" (Zülfü Livanelli)

GÖZLERIN

Düşlerin parlayıp söndüğü yerde
    Buluşmak seninle bir akşam üstü
    Umarsız şarkılar dudağımda bir yarım ezgi
    Sığınmak, gözlerine sığınmak bir akşam üstü

Gözlerin bir çığlık, bir yaralı haykırış
    Gözlerin bu gece çok uzaktan geçen bir gemi

Bir orman bir gece kar altındayken
    Çocuksu, uçarı koşmak seninle
    Elini avcumda bulup yitirmek, yitirmek
    Sığınmak, ellerine sığınmak bir gece vakti

Ellerin bir martı, telaşlı ve ürkek
    Ellerin fırtınada çırpınan bir beyaz yelken

Bir kenti böylece bırakıp gitmek
    İçinde bin kaygı, binbir soruyla
    Bitmemiş bir şarkı dudağında bir yarım ezgi
    Sığınmak, şarkılara sığınmak bir ömür boyu

Gözlerin bir çığlık, bir yaralı haykırış
    Gözlerin bu gece çok uzaktan geçen bir gemi
    Ellerin bir martı, telaşlı ve ürkek
    Ellerin fırtınada çırpınan bir beyaz yelken

thechemicalpanicout said:

Your eyes - GÖZLERIN

Where the hopes flame up and go out - Düşlerin parlayıp söndüğü yerde
    Meeting with you an afternoon - Buluşmak seninle bir akşam üstü
    The hopeless songs are a half-done melody on my lips - Umarsız şarkılar dudağımda bir yarım ezgi
    To take shelter, take shelter in your eyes an afternoon - Sığınmak, gözlerine sığınmak bir akşam üstü

Your eyes are a scream, a wounded shout - Gözlerin bir çığlık, bir yaralı haykırış
    Tonight your eyes are a ship passing from too far away - Gözlerin bu gece çok uzaktan geçen bir gemi

When a forest is snowed under a night - Bir orman bir gece kar altındayken
    To run like a child,giddy with you - Çocuksu, uçarı koşmak seninle
    To find your hand in mine then lose,lose - Elini avcumda bulup yitirmek, yitirmek
    To take shelter,take shelter in your hands a night time - Sığınmak, ellerine sığınmak bir gece vakti

Your hands are a seagull,fussy and timid - Ellerin bir martı, telaşlı ve ürkek
    Your hands are a white canvas flaping in storm - Ellerin fırtınada çırpınan bir beyaz yelken

Leaving a city in this way - Bir kenti böylece bırakıp gitmek
    With one thousand worry, numerous question in you - İçinde bin kaygı, binbir soruyla
    An incomplete song is a half-done melody on my lips - Bitmemiş bir şarkı dudağında bir yarım ezgi
    To take a shelter, take a shelter in songs a lifelong - Sığınmak, şarkılara sığınmak bir ömür boyu

Your eyes are a scream, a wounded shout - Gözlerin bir çığlık, bir yaralı haykırış
    Tonight your eyes are a ship passing from too far away - Gözlerin bu gece çok uzaktan geçen bir gemi
    Your hands are a seagull,fussy and timid - Ellerin bir martı, telaşlı ve ürkek
    Your hands are a white canvas flaping in storm - Ellerin fırtınada çırpınan bir beyaz yelken
    Last edited by thechemicalpanicout; 08-28-2008 at 08:29 AM.
    Staying awake to chase a dream, tasting the air you're breathing in. I hope I won't forget a thing. (muse)

3. tonisalado said:

Tessekürler Chemical!!!

you're welcome ^_^
    Staying awake to chase a dream, tasting the air you're breathing in. I hope I won't forget a thing. (muse)

5. tonisalado said:

Rica ederim

marmaris said:

wonderful song=)

Koukla said:

I agree, great choice of song.

8. tonisalado said:

Tesekkürler Marmaris ve Koukla!

I like Livaneli, it's a great singer, a great poet.

Görüsürüz!

se_miso_kai_se_agapo said:

good translation thechemicalpanicout..eline sağlık

teşekkür ederim

11. tonisalado said:

Merhaba Chemical,

I used your english translation to make a post in my blog about Livanelli, but i translated to spanish. So we have english and spanish translation of this song

Here you have a link to my post:
    http://elrincondeorfeo.blogspot.com/...-livaneli.html

Görüsürüz

12. aksios said:

Nice, so there could be others who will listen to his song and moreover understand the lyrics... He is really great

Quote Originally Posted by tonisalado View Post
    Merhaba Chemical,

I used your english translation to make a post in my blog about Livanelli, but i translated to spanish. So we have english and spanish translation of this song

Görüsürüz
    nice job

marmaris said:

Merhaba Chemical,

Görüsürüz
    wow Grup Yorum,Nazım Hikmet,Zülfü Livaneli... it is so interesting that you know them..how did you know them? I have real respect them..

15. tonisalado said:

Merhaba Marmaris,

I travelled to Istanbul on April, and I started to have interest in turkish culture (specially leftist wing, as you see...). Now I have friends in Turkey, and I can answer them about music, literature and language, and step by step i'm learning, and showing to others turkish culture (too unknown in Spain, and generally in EU) with different posts in my blog.

And this forum is very useful to know better your musical culture.

Görüsürüz!

marmaris said:

Merhaba Marmaris,

I travelled to Istanbul on April, and I started to have interest in turkish culture (specially leftist wing, as you see...). Now I have friends in Turkey, and I can answer them about music, literature and language, and step by step i'm learning, and showing to others turkish culture (too unknown in Spain, and generally in EU) with different posts in my blog.

And this forum is very useful to know better your musical culture.

Görüsürüz!
    yeah thank you for your this effort..i will be glad to see your newest singers from Turkey in your blog..maybe you know Mor ve Otesi has also leftisism ideas..they show it in lots of their songs..

17. tonisalado said:

Marmaris, I'm now discovering rock bands like "Mor ver Otesi" or like "Bulutsuzluk Ozlemi". I hope to write about them soon, with a bitmore of knowledge...But you have to think that in my blog I talk about greek music too...All musics will have them opportunity

Nice to talk with you. I have to visit Izmir one day (Ephesos and Pergamos ruins...)

marmaris said:

Marmaris, I'm now discovering rock bands like "Mor ver Otesi" or like "Bulutsuzluk Ozlemi". I hope to write about them soon, with a bitmore of knowledge...But you have to think that in my blog I talk about greek music too...All musics will have them opportunity

Nice to talk with you. I have to visit Izmir one day (Ephesos and Pergamos ruins...)
    yes sure you are right=)
    İzmir is wonderful city..you should really see..actually here is resemble to Salonika so much..you will like I am sure=)

görüşürüzzz=)

Cristinakiss said:

Default hello

I love this song....thanks for the translation...I am also trying to learn Turkish....hope I can do it...

marmaris said:

sure you can i and my other turkish friends are always ready to help