Results 1 to 20 of 104
Thread: The Bucket List
08-26-2008, 04:11 AM #1
The Bucket List
I watched this movie a few weeks ago and it impressed me very much so I decided to open thread, where you can write the things that you want to do in this life and haven’t done it, yet!
1. Some extreme sports, namely bungee-jumping and skydiving
2. Learn how to drive
3. Learn several more languages
4. Go to the Bermuda Triangle
5. Ride a camel in the desert
6. Meet George Grigore – who is a Romanian writer, translator, researcher, philologist, pedagogue and also an Orientalist
7. See the sunset and the sunrise at the Red See
8. Attending several Arabic concerts, abroad
9. Fly with an airplane over the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean
10. Last, but not least, meeting all of you and going on that Around-the-World trip we have been talking about in the last few weeks!
P.S These are a few of my wishes, for now… I’ll edit the post later, if I decide to do something else.
08-26-2008, 04:30 AM #2
Aaa ! Of Course my dear Layla ! It's an excellent idea ! So let me see what I want to do :
1. Visit some countries like : Italy, Greece, Turkey, Switzerland and Canada ( and stay and live in Turkey )
2. Go to some real football games of AS.Roma
3. Learn perfect turkish
4. Buy myself a Porsche ( 911 or Turbo) ..of course after i get my driving licence
5. Be on the boat which travels on the Mississippi ( on the hope of seeing an Anaconda or sth)
6. Visit the " Tiger Temple"
7. Beat my dad at chess =))
8. Ride with a bycicle from Romania till Spain
9. Be able to sing like Scatman =))
10. Walk along the Chineese Wall
11. Go after Layla to the Bermuda Triangle to rescue her
12. Learn to swim fast as the dolphins
This is all I can think of now, on an empty stomach" Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive. "
08-26-2008, 06:45 AM #3
Oh, Tigress, your list reminded me of two things to start my bucket list with:
1. Visit the Tiger Temple (of course!)
2. Go in an old car all the way from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego
I hope to add more to my list soon...“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.
08-26-2008, 07:02 AM #4
Alaska ? Ahh then you should try with a motorbike" Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive. "
08-26-2008, 07:13 AM #5
¿Cómo el Che?
¡Buena idea!!... me gusta me gusta“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.
08-26-2008, 07:18 AM #6
mmhhhh... but, where am I going to carry all my stuff to survive?? ... or maybe I can use only disposable things and wear the same pair of jeans during the whole trip? (pfiiiuuuu...skunky skunky) LOL“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.
08-26-2008, 10:16 AM #7
Well ...if you go all comfortable where is all the fun ?
And i said "motorbike" when I heard Alaska - because of the movie - Dumb and Dumber ehh? ? What do u say ? Es muy padre" Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive. "
08-26-2008, 01:21 PM #8
Excellent idea Layla!
1. Visit some countries like: Egypt (Cairo and Alexandria), Turkey (Ankara and Konya, my friend's hometown)
2. go to any NBA game in LA or San Antonio
3. I would like to learn arabic (the egyptian accent) and turkish, for when i visit my friends
4. I would like to visit all my family, in a long, long, long trip for my beautiful Mexico (my family is too big)
5. Buy me a new car (in a few weeks, yeeeiiiii)
6. the last, is the more important thing in my life, .. HAVE BABIES... i wanna be a mommy this yearthe first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM #9
08-26-2008, 01:32 PM #10
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM #11
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM #12
3. What about learning Modern Standard Arabic (foss7a)? You're not gonna tell me u wouldn't like it, are you ??!!
4. I hope you're including Mexico City in your itinerary around Mexico, as I would be highly offended if you don't drop by and visit me
08-26-2008, 02:08 PM #13
the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM #14
Nice thread. I remember an application like this in facebook, I had filled it up....
1. Learning Greek (I have to lol)
2. Taking a world tour.
3. Have a great nose job (which will look like Angelina Jolie's)
4. No, I am happy with my boobs.
5. Kiss Matthew Fox (ok, that's vert 16ish...)
6. Spend the rest of my life cycling, using no other transportation in the city. (except Ankara, which is sloppy)
7. Get back to my previous weight... and see my hubby lose weight.
8. See Macchu Picchu
9. Surprise my husband with my excellent knowledge of history (?!)
10. Get rid of this neighborhood I am currently living in.
Except the first 2, the others are in random order.
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM #15
08-26-2008, 02:46 PM #16
yeah he does..and I am acting as if I was 16 so he actually started to get annoyed by the guy lol, he watches his movie and says that he cant act o))))
08-26-2008, 02:52 PM #17
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM #18
yeah I can only write "kiss" not to be censored =)
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM #19
I read a book with a wish list a few weeks ago
I wonder if I could really do everything I write but:
1 Travel around the world to see all countries & than return to Egypt to live there half time in desert half time on the beach
2 Be rich with a best seller written by myself (like JK Rowling for exemple XD)
3 Learn all languages (okay impossible)
4 Race in a sports car with my dear Cassandra to see who's faster
5 Sleep in Dracula's castel or some haunted manor one night
6 Find Mister Right (okay impossible is nothing?)
7 Meet SRK <3
8 Discover some archeological treasure
So that's enough right now I think
08-26-2008, 05:31 PM #20
1.Travel the world, (Russia, Bulgaria...)
2.Have lots of money
3.Go to an Olympics
4.GO TO A PLANETA DERBY CONCERT! (buglarians know what this is!)
6.Learn full Russian or Bulgarian
7.Have a nice family when i get older.
By bella_embustera in forum Spanish lyrics translationReplies: 26Last Post: 07-25-2009, 02:04 PM
By kikibeans in forum Forever 21Replies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2007, 11:52 PM
By AEnikki in forum American EagleReplies: 3Last Post: 10-31-2007, 04:36 AM
By Certified2k6 in forum Identify itReplies: 0Last Post: 04-17-2006, 09:36 AM