Grup Mecaz Song Translations

Thread: Grup Mecaz Song Translations

Tags: None
  1. Balkaneuro said:

Default Grup Mecaz Song Translations

I really enjoy the music from this Turkish group. These songs are quite old and i believe they are "turkusu" I also understand some of the dialect may be different but I hope someone can help me out I love this kind of music, thank you : )

Calin Davullari

calin davullari caydan asagiya amman
    mezarimi kazin bre dostlar belden asagya

koyun sulanimi kazan doluncaya amman
    aman olum zalim olum uc gun ara ver

al basimdan bu sevdayi gotur yare ver

selanik icinde selam okunur amman
    selamin sedasi bre dostlar cana dokunur

gelin olanlara kina yakilir amman

Kahveyi Kavururlar

Kahveyi kavururlar
    içmeden savururlar
    Bizim köyün adeti
    Sevmeden ayirirlar

Haydi yarim neylemeli neylemeli
    Güzel yarin gönlünü eylemeli
    gizli de gizli sevenler
    kosup yare sevidigini soylemeli

Sadiye

ay bulutta bulutta
    mendili kaldi dutta
    geleceksen gel gayri onyedi benli sadiye
    daha gonlum umutta

ay bulutta gidiyor
    gozum yari guduyor
    geleceksen gel gayri onyedi benli sadiye
    genclik elden gidiyor

evleri camiye yakin
    ak gulleri sen takin
    zengin kocaya vardin onyedi benli sadiye
    hani gerdanda altin

thechemicalpanicout said:

Beat the drums Calin Davullari

Beat the drums throughout the river to down amman calin davullari caydan asagiya amman
    Dig my grave, oh friends, from my waist to below mezarimi kazin bre dostlar belden asagya

Put my water, when the caldron filled amman koyun sulanimi kazan doluncaya amman
    aman death, cruel death, give a break just 3 days aman olum zalim olum uc gun ara ver

Get this love from me give it to my lover al basimdan bu sevdayi gotur yare ver

My sala is recited in Salonika amman selanik icinde sela*m okunur amman
    The sound of my sela, oh friends, affects hearts selamin sedasi bre dostlar cana dokunur

Henna is applied to brides amman gelin olanlara kina yakilir amman

* prayer recited on certain occasions by a muezzin before he recites the ezan

By the way as I know this folksong goes like that;

Beat the drums throughout the river to down Çalın davullari Çaydan aşağı
    Dig my grave, from my waist to below mezarımı kazın belden aşağı
    Pour its water through ( as in a funural) Suyunu da dökün boydan aşağı

aman death, cruel death, give a break just 3 days aman ölüm zalim ölüm üç gün ara ver
    Get this love from me give it to my lover al başımdan bu sevdayı götür yare ver

Salonika, Salonika I wish you'd be ruined Selanik, Selanik viran olası
    I wish you'd be all flood in Taşını toprağını seller alası
    I wish you'd lose your lover like me Sen de benim gibi yarsız kalası
    ( these three sentences in a mood like "damn you" but I don't know how can I give that feeling in translation )

aman death, cruel death, give a break just 3 days aman ölüm zalim ölüm üç gün ara ver

My sala is recited in Salonika selanik içinde selam okunur
    The sound of my sela, affects hearts selamın sedası cana dokunur
    Henna is applied to brides gelin olanlara kina yakılır

Staying awake to chase a dream, tasting the air you're breathing in. I hope I won't forget a thing. (muse)

3. Balkaneuro said:

Thank you very much for your help! This song quite sad : ( as i figured it would be. That's really interesting the difference in the writing from the version you posted. I am guessing the first text is in the old eastern Turkish speech?

I think they both same, some words are old yes It's a sad song telling about two lover couldn't get together. I was posting the story too , but to be honest it was too long for me to translate but sum up;
    Two young person love each others. Their families approvs their marriage but suddenly there's a epidemic cholera starts almost in whole Rumelia. The girl is caught by this epidemic and 3 days before she's weeding day she dies. Some of the peeps says it's written by the boy after she died when the sala reciting , and some them says it's written by the girl before she dead ( but they says it's a unfinished song).
    So that's why they say, first and last passage written by the girl and middle one written by the boy.
    Staying awake to chase a dream, tasting the air you're breathing in. I hope I won't forget a thing. (muse)

They roast the coffee beans Kahveyi Kavururlar

They roast the coffee beans. Kahveyi kavururlar
    They chuck away without drinking. içmeden savururlar
    It's our village tradition that Bizim köyün adeti
    They separate without loving. Sevmeden ayirirlar

Come on lover, what should do, what should do? Haydi yarim neylemeli neylemeli
    Should amuse to beautiful lover. Güzel yarin gönlünü eylemeli
    The ones that love secretly, gizli de gizli sevenler
    Should run to lover and tell her/him that s/he's loved. kosup yare sevidigini soylemeli

Şadiye Sadiye

The moon in the cloud, in the cloud, ( I think behind the clouds) ay bulutta bulutta
    Her handkerchief is on the mulberry (tree). (has forgetten on the tree) mendili kaldi dutta
    If you come, come now, you 17-beauty spotted-Şadiye, geleceksen gel gayri onyedi benli sadiye
    My heart still has hope . daha gonlum umutta

The moon's going with cloud, ay bulutta gidiyor
    My eye are cherishing the lover . gozum yari guduyor
    If you come, come now, you 17-beauty spotted-Şadiye, geleceksen gel gayri onyedi benli sadiye
    The youth is going away. genclik elden gidiyor

Their house near to mosque, evleri camiye yakin
    You put on that white roses. ak gulleri sen takin
    You married with that rich man, you 17-beauty spotted-Şadiye, zengin kocaya vardin onyedi benli sadiye
    So where's the gold on your neck. (there should be) hani gerdanda altin

and this ones from me

6. Balkaneuro said:

Thank you so much for everything!! The story behind "calin davullari" is so interesting really : |. I had heard before these songs also used in the dizi "elveda rumeli" my family is also Turkish from these parts in the east, maybe that's why i like these type of Turku. It is really interesting to learn the stories behind the songs and so on. Thank you again : ) you are too great!

oh me too I'm watching it too, this monday it starts again. how come your family is turkish but you don't know turkish. didn't they teach you.
    and you're welcome ^_^