Help: Confused with this "Who Are You?" song, done by The Who:

Thread: Help: Confused with this "Who Are You?" song, done by The Who:

Tags: None
  1. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Thumbs up Solved: Confused with this "Who Are You?" song, done by The Who:

I heard this song called, "Who Are You?" done by "The Who" a Classic Rock group. But wait a minute, it's odd that I did not here the singing "Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo" melody, at the end of the song.
    I had the version of "Who Are You?" with its singing "Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo" melody recorded on tape from the radio, but I could not find the tape.
    Which singer did the international hit of "Who Are You?", that was done by an Oldies group with them singing the "Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo" melody, at the end of the song.
    Was it called "Who Are You?" or did they go by with a different title?
    Did they have "Who Are You?" sampled in the song?
    What was the name of this song and who did it?
    Last edited by Most Wanted Jamz; 12-12-2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Solved

F A B Scott said:

The Who themselves had the international hit, in fact I wasn't aware of any covers. The Who did have a few different versions though, for example the album version is much longer than the single..

logan01 said:

The who who who chorus is played throughout the song. Some radio edit versions leave some of them off for time constraints, etc.

4. Most Wanted Jamz said:

Arrow Thanks.

Thanks. I wish I could find the original known version of this song.
    Quote Originally Posted by F A B Scott View Post
    The Who themselves had the international hit, in fact I wasn't aware of any covers. The Who did have a few different versions though, for example the album version is much longer than the single..

5. SheDaisy62 said:

Yeah, the Who are the original artists/players of "Who are you" ... drummer Keith Moon died shortly after the album w/ the same title was released. A bit of irony: the chair Moon was sitting in for the album cover art says "Not to be taken away ...

6. Most Wanted Jamz said:

I got both songs mixed up. The Who Are You? song was the original song done by The Who. The other song was Suite Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Stills & Nash.