Greetings from Finland =)

Thread: Greetings from Finland =)

Tags: None

NoraME said:

Talking Greetings from Finland =)

Hi all! I'm 26 years old woman from Finland and a huge fan of Greek language. Unfortunately I'm very bad at it at the moment, but I hope that someday I'll be better and able to communicate in Greek (a little conversation at least ). I'm mainly interested in Greek translations here.

Steena said:

Hi NoraME, welcome to the board Hope you'll improve your Greek soon, I guess the board might be a good support for you!
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

Adrienne said:

Welcome NoraME! Have fun here
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em vocź, vocź em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

lopatka said:

Moi, NoraME ;] Ahah, I'm new, too, so I'll just tell you enjoy your stay here ^.^ Hope you improve your greek :]
    Ungir kallar, kįtir kallar, gangiš upp į gólv dansiš lystilig!

velvet_sky said:

Welcome to the forum NoraME
    Have a nice time here
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

Zahra2008 said:

Hello there....... welcome on board!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

DeBaires said:

Moro! Hauska tutustua! Welcome!

NoraME said:

Thank you all for welcoming me here. I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy my time here. Yay, some of you know Finnish. How great

lollipop said:

Tervetuloa vaan, Nora!
    Hauska tutustua, ja toivottavasti löydät täältä etsimäsi apua sekä uusia netti-ystäviä.
    Tapaamisiin!

NoraME said:

Kiitos lollipop Tää vaikuttaa tosi mukavalta foorumilta samoin kuin ihmiset täällä, joten tulen varmasti viihtymään tällä sivustolla paljon. Apuakin olen jo ehtinyt löytää, mikä on ollut hienoa huomata

Koukla said:

Welcome

I am a fan of Helsinki

12. vallera said:

welcome on board

NoraME said:

Koukla, how great is that! Have you visited in Helsinki?

Thanks Vallera

jandros said:

Welcome NoreME! I've always been fascinated by the northern countries and I hope to go there next year. It would be nice if you can post some photos of your beautiful Finland in the "Home Sweet Home" topic
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

jandros said:

Yes, the borealis, NoraME! I've seen it from Alaska, but it's really hard to get good photos ....

Tengri, not to digress in this topic, but the most fascinating part is the motion. It can be like currents of water on the beach, like curls of slow movement sometimes, and then fast swirls ... it can give you serious goosebumps.

So NoraME, if you know of any videos of the borealis, that would be even better!

But sorry for running on again, I always talk to much
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

NoraME said:

Welcome to Finland jandros and tengrimountain.

I haven't seen Aurora Borealis unfortunately. I've been in Lapland when there should have be seen Aurora Borealis, but the weather was so cloudy I couldn't see them. I live in Southern Finland and sometimes Aurora Borealis can be seen here as well, but for some reason I have missed all of them. I really liked to see them some day, they must be magnificent. In Finnish Aurora Borealis are called "revontulet", so maybe you can find some new pictures from the internet by using this word.

I try to put some pictures to the "Home Sweet Home" thread some day, if I can find some good pictures of Finland.

jandros said:

Thx NoraME, and I totally understand about not seeing "revontulet" ... nice word ...... I lived in Alaska for 3 years, but I was just lucky to see very vivid displays of the borealis, maybe 2, 3, 4 times. It was always a "lucky moment" ....

But one evening I was working late, and it was almost exactly this time of year. One of the other guys stepped outside and then he yelled, "John, get out here, quick!!!" And I went out, and it was beautiful! 4-5 colors, white-orange-green-purple ... and it swirled and eddied for 15-20 minutes! It gave me the biggest goosebumps that I've ever had, and also a stiff neck, because I was looking up for so long

But it was just very very good luck, it was perfect timing that we could see it. And you'll have the same good luck very soon, I know it

NoraME said:

I'm very happy now that I know I'm gonna see the Northern Lights some day soon So cool! I would also be very grateful if you could tell me the exact date when I'm gonna see revontulet, so that I could book a time for a masseur in advance to ease the pain in my tense neck after staring Aurora Borealis mesmerized.

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by NoraME View Post
    ... if you could tell me the exact date when I'm gonna see revontulet, so that I could book a time for a masseur in advance to ease the pain in my tense neck after staring Aurora Borealis mesmerized.
    Ok! ... Well, I'm mostly Scot by heritage, so I'll try to work the magic of the Druids, and I'll give you an exact date soon

NoraME said:

Ooh...the magic of the druids...How fascinating. Now I'm really interested. But no pressures, it must be very challenging to master it, so take your time