sensiz nasılsım bak bana
    gelde bi çorba yap bana
    madem öldürdün
    Akbaba olmasın
    N'olur olmasın

LaaSemaa said:

Rakı olmasın/ let it not be raki
    Şarap olmasın/ let it not be wine
    Madem sen yoksun kafam olmasın/ since you arent here then let not my mind be on me
    Gündüz olmasın/ let it not be day
    Gece olmasın/ let it not be night
    Madem sen yoksun günler akmasın/ since you arent here then let not the days pass
    Sensiz nasılım bak bana/ look how i am without you
    Gel de bir çorba yap bana/ come and make a soup to me
    Madem öldürdün/ since you killed
    Akbaba olmasın/ let it not be vulture
    sensiz nasılsım bak bana / look how i am without you
    gelde bi çorba yap bana / come and make a soup to me
    Madem öldürdün/ since you killed
    Akbaba olmasın/ let it not be vulture
    N'olur olmasın/ plz let it not be that
    SunshineLadyy

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thank you. İngilizce'ye 'Akbaba' çeviri için çok teşekkür ederim. BARIS AKARSU performed this song in a concert video, and I wanted to know the meaning in English. BARIS AKARSU is my favorite singer and his TV series "YALANCI YARIM" is my favorite show. My Turkish language is very weak--only know a few basic words and must use an online translator sometimes to communicate.

Ben bu mesajı çevirmek gerekiyor mu? İngilizce - Türkçe?

4. ercmnt said:

i advise you not to use online translators. As it is same in every language online translators are horrible for Turkish.

Ben bu mesajı çevirmek gerekiyor mu? İngilizce - Türkçe?
    You just said :
    "i this message is it a must to translate? English - Turkish?"

Frankie Jasmine said:

Dear ercmnt,

Thank you so much for your honesty. This is a site all about language, so I'd best stick to the one I know and work privately on learning more proper Turkish.

(Unfortunately, I have already posted a response on another thread with a bit of language translation. I won't make that mistake again on this great language site!)

Is it the structure of the Turkish language that makes it difficult to auto-translate well between other languages? I know some languages do translate better than what mine (above) said!! The meaning you pointed out is so obscure that I can't even find a sliver of what I meant to say--proving your good advice to be true! ...Again, thank you.

6. ercmnt said:

The structure of Turkish language is like maths, we have rules and suffixes.
    Be sure we have many of them . click here

Once you learn the logic you can create all forms of words by yourself. I always give the same example "go" and "went".There is no logic between this 2 words. In turkish if you know the word "git" and the past tence suffic "-di/-ti" you can find by your own that it is "gitti".

What makes the online translators horrible is the suffixes. We have words ending just same letters as suffixes. So they cant realise the difference if it is a suffix or the word it self. (here you will find an example for it)

Frankie Jasmine said:

Your explanation of why Turkish does not auto-translate well is concise, clear, and understandable. Thank you for this answer and for the helpful links you posted.

You make a valid observation--sometimes English verb tenses have no apparent relation to each other. Turkish, as you demonstrated, has a direct and visible relation, which is immediately apparent.

Logically, that should make Turkish an easy language to learn and use. However, your explanation helps me understand why Turkish remains difficult for me. I have difficulty with math! "Difficult" does not mean "impossible."

(English does not always make reliable sense. As a newer language derived from several older languages, English words, spelling, pronunciation, and sometimes even rules of grammar are various, reflecting its "multi-lingual/cultural" background. :S )
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 03-05-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: misspelling