The Rock a Bye Song, composer informtion needed

Thread: The Rock a Bye Song, composer informtion needed

Tags: None
  1. Molly said:

Red face The Rock a Bye Song, composer informtion needed

I have hand typed sheet music titled "The Rock-a-Bye Song". I need to find the original source of this song. I want to locate the copyright holder, if any, so that I can include it in a songbook I am compiling. The first and last verses are:

"The first song I re-mem-bered, Seems not so long a-go, When Mom would rock my cra-dle And to me she'd sing this song: Rock-a-my ba-by in the tree top When the wind blows the cra-dle will rock; Rock-a-my ba-by in my arms, When the wind blows it will cause you no harm. Rock-a-my ba-by in the tree top, When the wind blows the cra-dle will rock; Rock-a-my child in my arms, When the wind blows it will cause you no harm."

_____ Now that I am old-er, At times I'm still a-fraid, But I go to the Rock of A-ges And I rock my fears a-way. Rock of A-ges cleft for me, When the wind blows let me hide in Thee; Rock-a-my soul in His arms, When the wind blows It will cause my no harm.

2. Musicismyfirstlove said:

The mind is a wonderful thing...

3. Molly said:

Default Question not answered yet.

Thank you for these links. However, this information only referrs the the words in the chorus, which of course, are a familier old lullaby.

It is the verses I ned help with. I suspect this is an old Country/Gospel song. Even if someone just remembers hearing it on the radio, it would narrow my search down.

atmaestro said:

Try "Rock-A-Bye (Mallory's Song)" by Tanya Goodman

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...3:0ifwxnyrld0e
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

5. Molly said:

The 30 second sample was very beautiful, but it's a different song.

6. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Thank you for these links. However, this information only referrs the the words in the chorus, which of course, are a familier old lullaby.

It is the verses I ned help with. I suspect this is an old Country/Gospel song. Even if someone just remembers hearing it on the radio, it would narrow my search down.
    There 's some confusion on this side ..
    You ask in your post for the writer /composer/ copyright owner of this song ,and as you can see in the wiki link there 's no conclusive answer.
    In other words , the writer /composer/copyright owner is not known.
    That answers your question doesn't it??
    The mind is a wonderful thing...