Catchy, jazzy, trumpet based song used on TV trailers - I need help finding the song

Thread: Catchy, jazzy, trumpet based song used on TV trailers - I need help finding the song

Tags: None
  1. tapperjones said:

Default Catchy, jazzy, trumpet based song used on TV trailers - I need help finding the song

Anybody know the name of this song - very catchy, jazzy trumpet based used in a lot on TV at the moment especially on trailers for shows and often on the BBC.

As far as I know there are no lyrics at all, at least not in the sections I've heard (and its on TV quite a bit).

Also it sounds like quite a modern song (the recording is very good) so I doubt it is older than the 1990's, I would think it's been made in the last 5 years.

Unfortunately I cannot find a sample of the song but I will describe it best I can.

It starts with just a steady drum beat with nothing else for a few bars then brief blares of a trumpet, then the main tune comes in. It is quite fast and very upbeat.

e.g:

*steady drums for a few bars.....*
    *trumpets come in:*
    ba la ba ba, ba la ba baaaaa.... ba ba ba ba baaa

etc etc... Who knows if that gives any help whatsoever.

I know this isn't very much to go by but if you have any ideas please suggest them, I've been dieing to find out what the song is - If I find a sample I will post it here.

-Cheers

atmaestro said:

My wild guess is Chicago's "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZJCJerqhM
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. tapperjones said:

Unfortunately that isn't the song. As far as I know there is no singing at all, but thanks for the help anyway. It's appreciated.

atmaestro said:

The attached link references a previous search regarding instrumental songs featuring the trumpet.

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/id...from-70-s.html
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

5. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Hang on , you don't mean Cliff Nobles -The horse ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsbO5NnuBlQ

And if not ..try: Quincy Jones -Chump change
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUkaRe3V-0I
    Last edited by Musicismyfirstlove; 09-15-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Another link
    The mind is a wonderful thing...

6. npolimou said:

Default chuck mangione??

chances are it is by chuck mangione

possibly feels so good

or children of sanchez

both are by him so try youtube

7. 52X Max said:

sounds to me like Peter Gunn theme, by the blues brothers
    How many roads must a man walk down, before he asks for directions?

8. netsirk1 said:

I know this post is really late but I figured maybe somebody might find this useful; try the song "Impression that I get" by Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I've been searching for this song for a while and one of my friends finally figured it out for me.

9. puppy69 said:

I think that the tune you are looking for is "Bom Bom" by Sam and the Womp

Quote Originally Posted by tapperjones View Post
    Anybody know the name of this song - very catchy, jazzy trumpet based used in a lot on TV at the moment especially on trailers for shows and often on the BBC.

As far as I know there are no lyrics at all, at least not in the sections I've heard (and its on TV quite a bit).

Also it sounds like quite a modern song (the recording is very good) so I doubt it is older than the 1990's, I would think it's been made in the last 5 years.

Unfortunately I cannot find a sample of the song but I will describe it best I can.

It starts with just a steady drum beat with nothing else for a few bars then brief blares of a trumpet, then the main tune comes in. It is quite fast and very upbeat.

e.g:

I know this isn't very much to go by but if you have any ideas please suggest them, I've been dieing to find out what the song is - If I find a sample I will post it here.

-Cheers

10. Fence Sitter said:

Hi there but you might not have realised the song inquiry is at least a year before "the latest new thing ... PR wise" was even formed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_and_the_Womp

If it hadn't been doing PR rounds here in Aussie land for the last week, I might not have realised it was "about."

... It's sort of sad what the mainstream music industry will resort to.
    Last edited by Fence Sitter; 11-15-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Additional for clarity

11. WsG said:

Try this

Groove Armada - At The River

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM7WPPzQ_ZI

The trumpet comes in at 1min 24 seconds into the song.

This must be it.

12. CodyN said:

Default Chuck Mangione

Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good.

13. nathey said:

Default I found the one I was looking for!!

Herb Alpert  " Route 101 "

I have been looking for this song for more than 20 years!! I finally found it!!! Hope it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TTW...Egu-aW&index=1

14. WMET said:

e.g:

-Cheers
    . James Cameron- The Great Escape 1972

15. joshuak said:

e.g:

-Cheers
    Hawaii Five-O