"Black was my lover's hair..."

Thread: "Black was my lover's hair..."

Tags: None
  1. lvblvb said:

Default "Black was my lover's hair..."

Does anybody know a song with this line in it? I heard it on Pandora a couple of years ago and I can't find it now in any lyrics search engine. A guy who has a slight southern twang sings "Black was my lover's hair.." and then there's a guitar riff very similar to the one in "Paperback Writer" by the Beatles. It's become an obsession with me to find the name of this song, I'm not crazy about the song itself, although I think it's good.

2. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Wild , wild guess ..Twilight singers -Black is the colour of my true love's hair
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu7z1Ebm-o
    The mind is a wonderful thing...

3. lvblvb said:

Default No, that's not it...

Thanks for trying. The song I heard on Pandora is rock, with a beat and tempo like "Paperback Writer". Creating a station in Pandora based on Paperback Wrier didn't call up the mystery song, though.

logan01 said:

Many recordings and versions of the song. Here's a few; I believe there's more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_I...e%27s_Hair)

chameleon said:

could it be this ( not the jason Donovan)
    Donovan - Colours
    When the world is on your shoulder Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down" lol

6. lvblvb said:

Cool My initial post is causing confusion-

The song is not "Black is the color of my true love's hair..." or any FOLK song related to it. The words "black" or "hair" are most likely not mentioned in the title. All I know about it is that there's a line in the middle of the song, that's repeated- "Black was my lover's hair" sung without instruments, then the (rock) band goes into eight bars of Beatle's sounding music without vocal. Then there's more alternating between singing and the same riff. The song and the group are probably obscure. I thought somebody might have heard this, but it's probably a lost cause. Oh, well. It's good to have mysteries in one's life anyway.

7. trueblue said:

Default RE: Black is the color of my true lover's hair

That is an old song by Nina Simone, and by the way have you heard a new release of 'Walk On By' sung my a man?

8. lvblvb said:

The song is NOT "Black is the color of my true love's hair..." or any FOLK song.

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    That is an old song by Nina Simone, and by the way have you heard a new release of 'Walk On By' sung my a man?
    If it's not this following song, I would suggest you start your own thread; to save confusion.
    Walk On By - Seal.

@ lvblvb Still looking - no luck yet.

Are you certain of those words you posted?

So far the nearest I found was Led Zeppelin

OK, I realize it's a huge longshot; but the bass is sort of similar to the bass in Paperback Writer.

At least it's not a folk song.