New and need help navigating

Thread: New and need help navigating

Tags: None

Pastor David said:

Default New and need help navigating

I could sure use some help. I'm new to the sight and new to trying to find worship songs for a biligual (Spanish/English) congregation. I've seen others are in the same boat that I am with the service going on at the same time.

My problem is: rather than put up a song title that I'd hope was already translated, I'm trying to search for songs. Is there an easier way? I did figure out how to narrow it down to just the Christian community, but if I look for, say, "Amazing Grace" I get every post that has those 2 words in it. Or I get a topic with 20+ pages that I don't have time to sort through. Is there an easier way? Or, do I just put my song title in the title line and hope for the best? I have seen some titles that I was looking for that have hundreds of views, but no replies, I don't want that either. So any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Pastor David

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor David View Post
    I could sure use some help. I'm new to the sight and new to trying to find worship songs for a biligual (Spanish/English) congregation. I've seen others are in the same boat that I am with the service going on at the same time.

My problem is: rather than put up a song title that I'd hope was already translated, I'm trying to search for songs. Is there an easier way? I did figure out how to narrow it down to just the Christian community, but if I look for, say, "Amazing Grace" I get every post that has those 2 words in it. Or I get a topic with 20+ pages that I don't have time to sort through. Is there an easier way? Or, do I just put my song title in the title line and hope for the best? I have seen some titles that I was looking for that have hundreds of views, but no replies, I don't want that either. So any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Pastor David
    Hello Pastor David!

This portion of the forum is rather unorganized. If people put the titles of the songs in the title line, it makes it easier to search but people usually say "help please" or "I need a translation" so it makes the search difficult. If you look under "Spanish translations", Steena and several people from the forum organized many titles by name of artist. It would be great to organize this strand in a way that it is easier for all of us to search.
    If we can get some suggestions, maybe several of us who are regular can work with the moderators to organize this strand.

Any suggestions?????

Steena said:

I am organizing ... just now, at this very moment - believe it or not. But it will still take time!

edit ...
    now the only thing that still needs organization is the huge 40 pages thread on page 3 in this sub-forum I did not want to do that ... at least not now.
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    I am organizing ... just now, at this very moment - believe it or not. But it will still take time!

edit ...
    now the only thing that still needs organization is the huge 40 pages thread on page 3 in this sub-forum I did not want to do that ... at least not now.
    This is FABULOUS!!!!! Thank you, Steena!

lollipop said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    If people put the titles of the songs in the title line, it makes it easier to search but people usually say "help please" or "I need a translation" so it makes the search difficult.
    You're most correct, damarys; putting Artist and Title in thread name helps a great deal, when (especially new members) are using Forums Search.
    Every correct thread name is helping any Forums to stay more organized.

So I added here too the posting rule, that we have already in other Forum sections: Posting rule

And added the same rule in Christian Community common section too.

We hope, more people post with artist and song name now here too

Pastor David said:

Wow, thank you. I'm didn't find the songs that I specifically needed this Sunday, but now I know what to request. I did however, find songs that I wasn't looking for, but that I know that I will need later on.

Thank you and keep up the good work. That will be such a huge help.

Pastor David

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor David View Post
    Wow, thank you. I'm didn't find the songs that I specifically needed this Sunday, but now I know what to request. I did however, find songs that I wasn't looking for, but that I know that I will need later on.

Thank you and keep up the good work. That will be such a huge help.

Pastor David
    Let us know what song you need. You never know!
    Blessings to you!