Help please

Thread: Help please

Tags: None
  1. amakoe said:

Default Help please

This will be hard because I don't have a lot of information and what I can remember might be incorrect. I really hope that I can find this song, though. It has been driving me nuts for several months.

This is an alt-rock type song. If you live in Dallas/Forth Worth, or surrounding, it has been played on the Edge. The only thing that I can remember is there is a pause in the song at the end of a chorus or bridge and a woman sings the lyric "for how long" or "how long" and then the music and lead singer starts back up. I think it may have been briefly popular in the late 90's or early 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't get that part out of my head and I need to know what the song is. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by amakoe; 09-20-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Solved

atmaestro said:

There's a song by Ace called "How Long (Has This Been Going On)" with those lyrics. It was released in 1975 and has been covered by dozens of artists since then.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. amakoe said:

I am familiar with that particular song, and I don't think that is it. I guess I'll just have to hope the "radio Gods" play the one I am thinking of again, so I can figure out what it is. Thank you for trying anyway. =)

logan01 said:

Solved? What is the correct title / artist?

5. amakoe said:

No, it is not. But, I have so little information that I thought it would be better to call it "solved" so people don't waste their time.

atmaestro said:

Don't give up yet, it's only been a few days.
    Just let us know if you remember any more clues.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

7. misschief said:

ok i have a few for you too have a look at...

For How Long Lyrics
    by Hush

For How Long
    by Santana

I Bleed
    by Hedley

Beg
    by Evans Blue

Goodbye
    by Element Eighty

How Long (Can I Go On)
    by Kittens

lol best of luck!

8. amakoe said:

No, unfortunately, none of these are the song. I really wish they were, because this is driving me crazy. My husband is making fun of me for posting here. He thinks that I made the song up. =/ Thanks for your help.

chameleon said:

How long by Ace/Rod Stewart/Yazz and Aswad/Paul Carrack

you could try these

How long has it been by jim Reeves
    How long do i get by Raissa
    How longs a tear take to dry by Beautiful south

an not sure what kind of songs these are but i hope it helps you a bit
    When the world is on your shoulder Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down" lol

10. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Have you tried this already?
    It's the station's website , with a possibility to find songs that's been played , including samples!
    http://www.kdge.com/pages/playlist/

Wow!
    I just sort of got lost in this great playlist..lol , too bad I can't get this station here (outside U.S) !!
    Seeing (and hearing ) the kind of songs they play , I wonder , could the song you're looking for be by Evanescence??
    I recall there was a song by them with "How long "in it , and they have this female singer...
    Might be worth a try?

EDIT * I just remembered ..this ' how long' I was thinking of was in their rendition of Sunday bloody Sunday ...but I guess you know that song?

So now I'm not so sure it's them
    Last edited by Musicismyfirstlove; 09-22-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Different link
    The mind is a wonderful thing...

11. mafama said:

Lightbulb "how long" ace - remix by Lipps, Inc

i was just looking for the same thing... just bumped into it.
    guess it's what you're talking about.

take a look
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZdEclL_SU8