No images - African gospel music

Thread: No images - African gospel music

Tags: None
  1. san said:

Question No images - African gospel music

Hi all,
    last time I needed to find a song you were an amazingly knowledgeable bunch! Ok, this time I'm after a song I heard a long time ago....one I really really liked.
    I don't know much about it. I know it was sung by an African gospel-type band (group of males and females). I also remember 'No Images'. Don't know if this was the name of the song or the name of the band. But haven't been able to find this song anywhere. Also can't remember much of the lyrics but I know it was a slow song which started out with a male vocal.

Does anyone know anything about this?? Thanks a lot!

2. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Try : Sweet honey in the rock -No images
    Listen to sample here:
    http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...3:f9ftxzt5ldhe
    The mind is a wonderful thing...

3. san said:

Hi,
    this sounded all very familiar and I got excited...but unfortunately it's not the right song. The one I'm after is a male vocal (I think it's male) doing a solo right at the beginning....with no other music or vocals. Was a beautiful song....slow like this one....
    Thanks anyway!
    Last edited by san; 09-22-2008 at 05:00 PM.

4. san said:

On second thought, maybe it was this song but sung by someone else (a male). Everything else seems to fit except who sings the song. Anyway...thanks for the suggestion!

5. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Okaaaay , if it seems to be the same song , there is a version by Lou Rawls , a bit obscure 'cause I can't find any sample but it is to be found on this cd box.(disc 2 track 15 )
    http://www.amazon.com/Rhapsodies-Bla...s_all_1#disc_1

6. san said:

Thanks.

7. Musicismyfirstlove said:

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Thanks.
    You're welcome , I hope it's the right one..