Who knows this ballad?

Thread: Who knows this ballad?

Tags: None
  1. Don said:

Smile Who knows this ballad?

"You, better go....

Girl I know it's getting late. Just another kiss before I say goodbye, oooh, I wanna hold you tight. No, no, no, no, please don't close the door, I'm feeling something new I've never felt before, oooh just another minute more...."

Bridge:

"I don't have an explanation. Look at you look at me falling in love....."

That's all I can remember until the end. throughout the entire song the background vocals are singing: "youuuu better goooooo." And the song fades with them singing this over and over. Some one told me awhile ago that this tune was done by the brother of Jesse Jackson, but I don't know how accurate that is and I can't seem to find anything

My parents you to play this tune in the 60's when I was just a young boy and I absolutely loved it

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don.
  2. Samanthaer said:

I think you'd possibly have to check the lyrics...possibly you've forgotten or misheard them all over the years?

I can't seem to find any record of those lyrics in a single song...

Goodluck though =]
  3. misschief said:

do you think it could have been Darrell banks "you better go" it has most of the lyrics your after in it including the look at me look at you falling in love =0)
  4. misschief said:

lol alternatively i think i have found the actual song you are looking for, lol it has ALLL the lyrics you want including the backround "youuuu bettter goooo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkeZ91HPFf0

called "you better go" by "Derek Martin"

this is a re- release i think of the darrell banks song released in 1960..

yay!!!!
  5. Don said:

Quote Originally Posted by misschief View Post
    lol alternatively i think i have found the actual song you are looking for, lol it has ALLL the lyrics you want including the backround "youuuu bettter goooo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkeZ91HPFf0

called "you better go" by "Derek Martin"

this is a re- release i think of the darrell banks song released in 1960..

yay!!!!
    Misschief! THAT'S IT!!!! Funny thing is, I typed "you Better go" in at youtube and this didn't come up. You're Awesome!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And thank you, Samanthaer for looking into this for me.

Much appreciated,

D.
    Last edited by Don; 09-23-2008 at 07:49 PM.
  6. Samanthaer said:

Hahaha that's okk =]

Ehhhhhh, I think that shows I'm not the best at helping people with this... =/

Glad you found it anyway <3