Hungarian Chant?

Thread: Hungarian Chant?

Tags: None
  1. MusicaVA said:

Question Hungarian Chant?

Hello! I am trying to figure out the name and/or artist involved in an a cappella chant that I have on an untitled disc. It is by all women, I think, and it's either Hungarian, Ukrainian, or something similar. It's almost a bit eerie, honestly, like something you'd see in a goth flick. It's only a minute 12 in length, and sort of sounds like the same thing repeated over. It's like "moayyy-ee!" at the end of each verse, with the "ee!" as a higher pitch. It sounds like 'dos doystalaya moyaee" or something. Man it's a different language, so of course I can't figure it out. I could attach the file, but I'm not sure if that's a no-no or not.

Then there's a separate song by a different artist that I can't figure out. It's sort of a goth song that starts out with a man with a sort of German accent that is talking and says, "It is very important to play the record over and over because you learn by listening. Later on we will tell you how to order breakfast as you would in any colorful German town." Then the music starts. Any ideas on either?!? Thanks!

MVA

2. preshuz said:

I believe I might know what your talking about.
    try the song.. Izgrejala - by VAS
    youtube it.
    let me know if that helped! i love the song!!
    its a song from the move 300. i believe its BULGARIAN or ALBANIAN..

Mumbles said:

For the second song I found this... It has the little speech at the beginning

KMFDM - Anarchy (God and the State mix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGCd_InglY
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by MusicaVA View Post
    I could attach the file, but I'm not sure if that's a no-no or not.
    MVA
    If you need to, you can upload the song/tune to a hosting site and post the link here.

NowUpload and Zshare both offer free hosting.

5. MusicaVA said:

Unhappy Preshuz, that's not it (but that's way cool!)

It's not VAS, but that's an excellent tune anyhow! Thanks.

This chant is completely without music and it's only about 1:12 in length. I'll post it when I figure out how to do it.

THANKS!!

MVA

6. MusicaVA said:

Talking Mumbles, THANK YOU!!

OK, half the riddle is solved--you are 100% right, that second song is KMFDM's song. Weeee! Thank you over and over again!

Now I'll post that other song, the Hungarian (or whatever) chant, and maybe someone can identify that. I know it's *not* a band like KMFDM. I think the chant came from the artist's website a few years ago, but I've still never heard anything like it and can't find any clues about it at all. I think if I knew the true title (b/c it's still supposed to be a folk song or something), then I might be able to determine who recorded it. I'll attach the chant to the site that FAB Scott posted.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. MusicaVA said:

Default Here's the file of the chant

OK, thank you tons, FAB Scott, for the links to load. I've loaded it up, so hopefully someone can identify it. Thanks!

http://www.zshare.net/download/19755254cfabb7e0/

F A B Scott said:

Aha!
    It's The Moors who play/chant/sing it. I'm 99% sure.

The name of it is Dov Nevesti [spelling completely wrong probably]
    I can't find any preview but if you listen to their other songs at their myspace you will agree it's them, I think.

Read there also that they only had one CD released which is apparently to be rereleased.

Oh and it's Bulgarian, so maybe one of our translators can help with the title???

edit:if I had read more closely I would have found this link - track #8 on the left with a sample.

Mumbles said:

You're welcome MusicaVA

Excellent find F A B
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

10. MusicaVA said:

Thumbs up OMG F A B Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAB you are SOOOOO TOTALLY WICKED EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you figured that one out!! As soon as I read your post, it clicked in my head. HOW did you do that, Oh All Knowing One?!? I bow humbly before you. Excellent!!!

Thanks a million for solving this. I really worried that no one else knew what the heck I was asking about. You rule!

MVA

F A B Scott said:

Glad to help.

Thanks Mumbles, you too.