Reputation system questions

Thread: Reputation system questions

Tags: None

Zvezda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    Green button means positive reputation (counted) while grey button can mean both positive or negative reputation you recieved. the difference here is that this reputation was given by a person with less than 20 reputation points. to give valid reputation you need to have 20 points yourself. otherwise they just don't count so new members cannot create any damage by spreading bad reputations just for fun.
    Thank you for clarifying that
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Ultimate_Worrier said:

I got some bad rep points jusst for giving information on the original version of a song... Like people don't want to be educated about music on a music forum!?

to be honest, I can get along fine with people on the internet but if they want to turn round and think I'm am idiot, it really doesn't bother me in the slightest, I don't know them, they don't know me - why should I care?
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

Calicouette said:

I have one question. Does anyone can see our own reputation? Or user is the only person to be able to see it?

Steena said:

Anyone sees that you (for instance) have 14 points ... but they don't know the details as in what you got the points for and things like that, if that's what you mean
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

Calicouette said:

Yes thank you (and sorry if it was a little bit misunderstood) It was exactly what I meant

El raisa said:

i have 3
    1- my reputation icon is not working from 2 days, i can not add to anyone any reputation?
    2- in my reputation schedule , i do not always see the name of the mamber who gave it to me.why?
    3-r these calculations r right:
    moderator ganve reputation for 3 points
    adminestrator 2 points
    members 1 point

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by elraisa View Post
    i have 3
    1- my reputation icon is not working from 2 days, i can not add to anyone any reputation?
    About this ... what's the error message you get?

2- in my reputation schedule , i do not always see the name of the mamber who gave it to me.why?

Some people like to keep that private maybe. It's the decision of the member to reveal their identity, you're not forced to write who you are

3-r these calculations r right:
    moderator ganve reputation for 3 points
    adminestrator 2 points
    members 1 point

Umm ... partly ... the status of a person does not matter.
    If a person has ...
    ... 0 - 20 reputation points himself and adds to your rep. that'll have no effect
    ... 21 - 99 points -> you'll get +1 point
    ... 100 - 199 points -> you'll get + 2 points
    ... 200 - 299 points -> you'll get +3 points
    ... +300 points -> you'll get +4 points
    when recieving positive reputation.
    When giving negative reputation only -1 point will be taken no matter how high the other person's reputation is.

You can give a maximum of 6 reputations per day
    And you have to give reputation to 9 different people until you can rate the same person again.
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

El raisa said:

thank u responding...
    it started 2 work
    it was not responding before...no messages , nothing at all...
    thanks again..

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by Koukla View Post
    ...why should I worry ... I come here for fun ...
    I like that thought
    ___

I wonder about something else, concerning reputation: In my opinion, people who actually help a lot with song lyrics, identification and translation, anything concerning music, should have the most significant recognition ..... as opposed to people like me, who are more like freeloaders .. I mean that I almost never really help with anything. I hope you can see my point.

So I want to suggest: Is there some way to provide more recognition to the people who make the most important contributions to this lyrics site?

(edited for clarity)
    Last edited by jandros; 10-31-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: shortened/rephrased for clarity ... I hope :)
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

damarys said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jandros View Post
    I like that thought
    ___

I wonder about something else, concerning reputation: In my opinion, people who actually help a lot with song lyrics, identification and translation, anything concerning music, should have the most significant recognition ..... as opposed to people like me, who are more like freeloaders .. I mean that I almost never really help with anything. I hope you can see my point.

So I want to suggest: Is there some way to provide more recognition to the people who make the most important contributions to this lyrics site?

(edited for clarity)
    Ah, you are being modest! I think if someone is being polite, contributing to the community in a positive way (like in your case), they should receive reputation. I do a lot of translating but I'm not nearly as involved in this forum as you are so it stands to reason that you should have more reputation points! If it makes you happy, we'll just call you freeloader! Ha, ha, ha!!!! Just kidding...

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Ah, you are being modest! I think if someone is being polite, contributing to the community in a positive way (like in your case), they should receive reputation. I do a lot of translating but I'm not nearly as involved in this forum as you are so it stands to reason that you should have more reputation points! If it makes you happy, we'll just call you freeloader! Ha, ha, ha!!!! Just kidding...
    i agree....

jandros said:

Thank you Damarys! I've seen some of your translation posts, and you're one of the people that I had in mind about "reputation" So yeah, if you want to call me "freeloader" it's ok ... and maybe I should change my nickname to Freddie, Red Skelton's "freeloader"

And Elraisa, thank you also, and you know that I value your opinion. Compliments always count more than a number

But anyway I really do wonder if there could be some kind of a flag, or maybe a color system or something, for "super-translators" or people who have exceptional knowledge about music in general? .....
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

istanbulgal said:

The funny thing is that up to 2 or 3 months ago, i thought reputation was only given my moderators, when i learned it was not, i was embarrassed for not having reciprocated to fellow members, who had kindly added to my reputation.

Oh Jandros, yes, there are "freeloaders" on here..lol, but you are certainly NOT one of them. You are mostly unilingual so it's not possible for you to do translations, but you provide much wisdom/friendship/compliments/morale booster, etc., etc., and i agree that your positive participation deserves reputation, i even think you're a role model for some so do not underestimate your worth.

All of us do not have the same time/interest to play/translate/chat on here & that is be beauty of these forums, NO SCHEDULES!!

At the end of the day, these points count for nothing, if you can touch someone's heart with kind words, help a little, make someone laugh, make someone feel good, that is all that matters, regardless of points. The nicest comments i have received are from those that are not even able to give reputation as they have less than 20 points themselves (ie: mostly those that are here to request translations and do nothing else), but their words mean more to me that any point i do or do not receive.

This forum is not for popularity contest, i think we're all here to have a little fun/help and learn a little & if you can make a few friends along the way, that is what really matters!!.

I haven't spread reputation yet so i cannot give you more points, but last time i did, was for an informative post of yours & not for being a freeloader nor for being my geographical neighbor...no, for this, you won't get any points!!!.
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by istanbulgal View Post
    .....nor for being my geographical neighbor...no, for this, you won't get any points!!!.
    Awwww, why not??? J/k ... thanks for all of your kind words!!

Ultimate_Worrier said:

A freeloader is someone who gets something with little or no work done on their part...

The main point of these forums is to ask for lyrics, whether you help someone or not and the vast majority of the forum users are new and won't think to help people as they're here to get lyrics or band/artist namesand that's it.
  16. lewis said:

Question

I'll give any1 who give me some point, my willie mays autographed card
    just kidding'
    did't even know there was a reputation system thou
    that's new for me
    Last edited by lewis; 11-06-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

You're damn lucky I don't give minus points for bad spelling.
  18. yachtno1 said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by istanbulgal View Post
    The funny thing is that up to 2 or 3 months ago, i thought reputation was only given my moderators, when i learned it was not, i was embarrassed for not having reciprocated to fellow members, who had kindly added to my reputation.

Oh Jandros, yes, there are "freeloaders" on here..lol, but you are certainly NOT one of them. You are mostly unilingual so it's not possible for you to do translations, but you provide much wisdom/friendship/compliments/morale booster, etc., etc., and i agree that your positive participation deserves reputation, i even think you're a role model for some so do not underestimate your worth.

All of us do not have the same time/interest to play/translate/chat on here & that is be beauty of these forums, NO SCHEDULES!!

At the end of the day, these points count for nothing, if you can touch someone's heart with kind words, help a little, make someone laugh, make someone feel good, that is all that matters, regardless of points. The nicest comments i have received are from those that are not even able to give reputation as they have less than 20 points themselves (ie: mostly those that are here to request translations and do nothing else), but their words mean more to me that any point i do or do not receive.

This forum is not for popularity contest, i think we're all here to have a little fun/help and learn a little & if you can make a few friends along the way, that is what really matters!!.

I haven't spread reputation yet so i cannot give you more points, but last time i did, was for an informative post of yours & not for being a freeloader nor for being my geographical neighbor...no, for this, you won't get any points!!!.
    Ah so thats a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest where a lot of countries vote for their neighbours?

istanbulgal said:

Quote Originally Posted by yachtno1 View Post
    Ah so thats a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest where a lot of countries vote for their neighbours?
    That's cute!

I'm sure that goes on in here..lol, but on a serious note, no, I don't vote for pretty faces, voices or anything like that, i give it to the person that has in some way, shape or form, impressed me or made my day a little brighter..sometimes all it takes is something as simple as posting/translating a touching poem/song or said a kind/sincere word.
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein

Ultimate_Worrier said:

To be honest, I'd prefer it if someone took the time to thank me via PM or on the forums themselves... I'm not really into the anonymity this reputation thing gives people... "I don't like this person but I don't want them to know I don't like them... -4 points" <--- what a load of crap, grow a pair and tell people to their faces but do it right - If you think they're an idiot, have decent proof and a reason, not just because they hate your band or something...