Reputation system questions

Thread: Reputation system questions

Tags: None

Adrienne said:

That was a smart idea! Reputation sistem was really getting mad with all those 7,8,9 points lol.. Though I really think reputation has changed since I first arrived. We used to get reputation for our work, translations etc, now we moslty give it to salute someone or so.. lol
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

El raisa said:

Ok ..Thanks
    yes...reputation powers became very high latly ..We have a nice forum here

@Adrinne: that is true...Reputation became as Hello..
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    That was a smart idea! Reputation sistem was really getting mad with all those 7,8,9 points lol.. Though I really think reputation has changed since I first arrived. We used to get reputation for our work, translations etc, now we moslty give it to salute someone or so.. lol
    Right, back then reputation was something you could be proud of and that was only given out on rare occasions we used PM to salute someone
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    That was a smart idea! Reputation sistem was really getting mad with all those 7,8,9 points lol.. Though I really think reputation has changed since I first arrived. ...
    I agree, and actually I was beginning to wonder where it would end I think this was a very good change, an idea whose time has come
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

damarys said:

Jandros.... I found that getting older was really good for my reputation. People gave me "birthday reputation". Your time is coming...................

jandros said:

Damarys, I can only say that when one gets to be my age, every good wish is appreciated even more
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

Charlie Kelly said:

I am glad I found this thread. It has answered many of the questions I had.

Steena said:

Things have actually changed a bit, Charlie Kelly. For example the stuff we wrote about the factor reputation power is calculated by. This has been set to 250 now, if I understood jeez right.

20 - 249 -> you can give 1 point rep. to others
    250 - 499 -> you can give 2 points rep. to others
    500 - 749 -> you can give 3 points rep. to others
    (...)

El raisa said:

Thanks Steena
    BTW:
    You stell can be proud of your reputation , you are a great helper here ...
    For translations.., as a matter fact , sometimes I do not evenhave a thank you !
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Charlie Kelly said:

^^^^ That's f*** up. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    Things have actually changed a bit, Charlie Kelly. For example the stuff we wrote about the factor reputation power is calculated by. This has been set to 250 now, if I understood jeez right.

0 - 249 -> you can give 1 point rep. to others
    250 - 499 -> you can give 2 points rep. to others
    500 - 749 -> you can give 3 points rep. to others
    (...)

Ok got it!. So I don't have to wait to have 20 points to start giving points to others right? I though I had to have 20 in order to star rep. people.

Steena said:

Oh you're right! we've missed that point. Of course giving out points only starts at 20

Charlie Kelly said:

Oh you're right! we've missed that point. Of course giving out points only starts at 20
    Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up

asgard_shill said:

Just throwing my two cents in this topic - nothing personal intended, nor am I angry about anything. This thread has answered a lot of my questions about the reputation system already, and I appreciate it being here.

If a person has ...
    ... 0 - 20 reputation points himself and adds to your rep. that'll have no effect
    Isn't that policy a disincentive to help new posters? Besides just wanting to help, what's the incentive to do so if the person you're helping can't give you any "reward" for doing so?

I can certainly understand not giving newbies the ability to hand out multiple points (its prone to abuse), but no points at all? C'est la vie.

Having said that, I think I'm not going to take reputation points too seriously. It seems to be a popularity contest, and I already know that I'm a curmudgeon and not very popular

jandros said:

Asgard, another two cents from me, curmudgeons are people too

I do agree about the popularity contest thing, but I think a good rep helps to indicate sincerity, proven over time. At first I suppose it's just a matter of paying one's dues. But a very helpful and active person can quickly build enough rep to contribute to others. And I notice that you hit the "very helpful" category very quickly, case in point ... and the more active, the faster it goes ... even logarithmically after a certain point, which is why the admins/moderators needed to scale down the rep system. But it's still relative ... "relative to what" is the question, but mostly I think it indicates willingness to be part of an extremely positive and dynamic international community. On that note, as a computer pro I'm continually amazed that this site can sustain the amount and variety of activities that go on in this forum without crashing more often! But that's digressing from topic a little bit.

Anyway, I'm gonna drop you a "rep" line because it seems highly appropriate. Onward and upward, d*mn the torpedoes, full speed ahead
  15. webmaster said:

We are so sorry, but reputation system is disabled now because of technical reasons.

Administration.