a letter

Thread: a letter

Tags: None

cameronparkhurst said:

Default a letter

can someone please translate a letter ---thank you very much!

Dear Siddika,

Congrats on the birth of your baby!! Taner showed me pictures and the new baby is so cute and so big!! i cant wait to hold him and kiss him!! I miss you and the family so much. Taner and i are fighting a lot lately and i dont know where our relationship is heading. I dont trust him. i love him so much. i want to be his wife but i dont trust him. And to be honest, i dont like the way he treats me. He thinks he has the right to tell me what to do, what to wear, how to think, how to act. And he doesnt. its not okay. he gets mad at me for the stupidest reasons. he thinks he doesnt have to explain himself to me or tell me things about his past and he lies about his past. and he doesnt fully disclose his present life. again, this is not okay and he needs to do these things. And i caught him with a secret account talking to random girls onliine. this is VERY not okay. so unless he proves to me he loves me , proves to me he can be mature, and proves to me he can change his ways-i am going to end this relationship. i need someone who loves me, is honest, believes in fidelity, is reliable and stable. so whatever happens with taner and i, know this-i love this family very very much. all of you mean the world to me and i will think about all of you always. all of you will be in my heart. congrats on the new baby. enclosed you will find some baby gifts!

i love you and i miss you--kisses to all the kids!!

love,
    elizabeth (and jack)
    xoxo

Koukla said:

Sevgili Sıddıka (with double "d"?)

*Seni ve eşini tebrik ederim, sağlıkla mutlulukla büyütün, Allah uzun ömürler versin, analı babalı büyütsün. Taner bana resimleri gönderdi, bebek çok güzel ve büyük. Onu tutup öpmeyi sabırsızlıkla bekliyorum. Seni ve aileyi çok özledim. Taner ve ben son zamanlarda çok kavga ediyoruz ve ilişkimizin nereye gittiğini bilmiyorum. Ona güvenmiyorum. Onu çok seviyorum. Onun eşi olmak istiyorum ama ona güvenim yok. Ve dürüst olmak gerekirse bana davranış şeklini beğenmiyorum. Bana ne yapacağımı, ne giyeceğimi, nasıl düşünüp hareket edeceğimi söyleyebileceğini sanıyor. Ama yanılıyor. En ufak şeylerde bile bana kızıyor. Kendini ve geçmişini bana açıklama gereği hissetmiyor ve geçmişi hakkında da yalan söylüyor. Şu andaki hayatını da pek ifşa etmiyor. Bu olmaz, bunları yapması lazım. Ve onu gizli bir hesaptan internette kızlarla konuşurken yakaladım. Hele bu hiç olmaz. Yani, eğer beni sevdiğini, olgun olduğunu ve yaptıklarını değiştireceğini kanıtlamazsa, bu ilişkiyi sonlandıracağım. Bana beni seven, dürüst, sadakate inanan, güvenilir ve dengeli biri lazım. Taner ve benimle ilgili her ne olursa olsun, şunu bil ki; bu aileyi çok ama çok seviyorum. Hepiniz bana çok şey ifade ediyorsunuz ve sizi her zaman düşüneceğim. Hepiniz kalbimde olacaksınız. Ekte bebek için hediyeler bulacaksın.

Seni seviyorum ve özledim - Tüm çoçukları öpüyorum

Sevgiler,
    Elizabeth (ve Jack)

xoxo= we dont write hugs and kisses so either include this if she knows (which I doubt) or finish the letter as: Sizi öpüyorum (together with the kids)

* Some wishes on a new born baby...we rarely say "I congratulate on baby". Instead we say: I congratulate you and your spouse (first sentence). raise him with health and happiness, May God give him/her long life., may him raise the baby with parents. (I wrote all these above)

Good Luck btw.

cameronparkhurst said:

excellent!! thank you so much!! well thats very interesting on what you say to new parents..you give gifts? i i bought some clothes and some great baby toys that are so good for fine motor skills like 6 months to 12 months--i love Baby Einstein--jack had all of it...

taner has the most beautiful family...

xoxo is not common in turkey? do you have something like it?--okay so i need to write sizi opuyrum instead of xoxo?

kou-you rock as always! it wont let me add to your rep but i tried so lets just pretend i did

"good luck" you are right--i need all the luck right now!

Koukla said:

Forget about reputation! My pleasure. Well we dont add xxxooo in real letters....in emails I dont know, I never write Turkish e-mails. But if the person is young and familiar with the Internet sign language, I guess you can include xxx

Yes, we also give baby gifts. I am doing it a lot lately

cameronparkhurst said:

we write xoxo ---but only to special close people

you dont write turkish emails?? but you are turkish and live in turkey?

do you have babies r us (www.babiesrus.com)

please explain to me why people dont use infant and child car seats????

Koukla said:

Yes but I dont contact my Turkish friends tru email. I sms or call them....

So I write xoxoxo to my foreign friends or to hubby

Sensitive people use baby seats...No, we dont have babiesrus......

cameronparkhurst said:

i love babies r us!! i love baby showers (i want another baby) and hanna andersson--and janieandjack ---its not a law to use infant and child car seats?
    right your husband is greek? how did you two meet?

i always use email to contact my friends--most americans have internet through their phone--facebook is the best way to contact me also--all my friends and family are on it--i love facebook!

Koukla said:

I am not sure about the law.... :/ It should be though.

chameleon said:

i dint know that about child car seats in other places..
    here in the uk its the law, and you cant have any child in the front seat under the age of 7 (i think,, someone put me right on that)
    and we have to use the seatblets too or you get a £60 spot fine thats if you get caugth
    When the world is on your shoulder Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down" lol

muge said:

also in turkey, the children cant sit on the front seat if they are younger than 10. its the law.

cameronparkhurst said:

they need to be in infant car seats and child seats--i was appalled when i was in turkey--babies sitting on mothers laps!! if you get in a car wreck--that child WILL die!

in america--NO child can be in the front seat. you have to weigh a certain amount--i think its ~85 pounds but not sureut around that weight--and children must be in a childrens car seat until 65 pounds. and they must then wear seat belts---if you are caught without: 1. dcys (department of children and youth services) takes your child away--2.your lic. is taken away 3. fine--like 5,000 4. possible jail sentence

cameronparkhurst said:

Quote Originally Posted by cameronparkhurst View Post
    excellent!! thank you so much!! well thats very interesting on what you say to new parents..you give gifts? i i bought some clothes and some great baby toys that are so good for fine motor skills like 6 months to 12 months--i love Baby Einstein--jack had all of it...

taner has the most beautiful family...

xoxo is not common in turkey? do you have something like it?--okay so i need to write sizi opuyrum instead of xoxo?

kou-you rock as always! it wont let me add to your rep but i tried so lets just pretend i did

"good luck" you are right--i need all the luck right now!
    some moron gave me a negative reputation for this post!!

13. kanbike said:

We do use car seats in Turkey. It is not so common though.

14. cameron888 said:

it should be LAW and i dont understand why the safety of children in a car or just plain child safety isnt a top priority for parents...turkey has one of the highest motorvehicle deaths especially for children. as a parent i cant understand why a parent would even place their child in unnecessary danger. `

Derin89 said:

They probably don't realize they are compromising their child's safety, believing there's a minor chance of their having a car accident. Frankly, I find your amazement quite exaggerated. Yes, me and my mum usually say similar things about child safety when we see some women with a little kid on her lap sitting on the front sit and comment on how dangerous it is. But are you really unaware that there are people like that in this world? My reaction is not surprise but anger. Since I've seen many people like this in various parts of the world, I don't assume on a scandalized astonishment.

Well, laws are worthless if people choose to avoid it and are not attentive enough to its consequences. So in that respect, laws are not decisive enough as many people consider them to be. There are no legal regulations regarding the use of child seats in Turkey, the law only maintains a child cannot be seated on the front if s/he is under the age of 12. Also the frequency with which infant car seats are used depends on what part of Turkey you are travelling in, so the best possible statement we can make is, unfortunately "Child seats are not common in Turkey relative to A/B/C/D countries that have legal regulations concerning the use of them"
    Bana muvaffakiyetsizlestiricilestiriveremeyebilecekleri mizdenmissinizcesineden daha uzun bir kelime bul çekirge.

16. cameron888 said:

How can anyone be so ignorant and so uneducated as to bypass the very simple acts of BASIC child safety? in my country, we wouldnt dare take the life of a child so nonchalantly. be angry all you want at my shock. i am angry that there are such ignorant people in this world giving birth. i find your reply equally as ignorant as to not be appalled by complete irresponsible parenting. and i will say again..as a parent myself--my only concern is the health and well being of my child. while i would expect this to be in africa where running water is a luxury. further, most african coutries have no real stable government let alone organized schooling institutions. i do not expect this in TURKEY. while Turkey is not as industrialized as the united states and europe, it is certainly not a 3rd world country. Turkey has a stable, organized government with a stable, organized schooling institutions. thus, there is no excuse for this AT ALL!

your careless abandon to the safety and well-being of a child is really quite alarming. only someone such as that would be angry at me for being outraged at the lack of educated and law abiding citizens would attack me. perhaps being angry that the government of Turkey (and any organized government) that has not stepped up to the plate of caring for its youngest and most vulnerable citizens.

i will forgive your ignorance since you are clearly a very young person.

Derin89 said:

Your post is not pleasant and I shall reply you in kind.

You are not in any position to bestow forgiveness on me. Clearly, you cannot cope with any conflict in ideas without wallowing yourself in ad hominem attacks. In fact, you seem to be, with all due respect, challenged comprehensively. You obviously need my assistance in understanding what you read. Let me explain it to you once more. I am not angry with your assumed amazement, indeed I attach little importance to it, I have clearly stated that I am angry with irresponsible people compromising their children's safety. On the other hand, I cannot understand your majestic amazement and believe that you have seen little outside the U.S.A. (Please don't fly off on countries you have travelled as a tourist after this line. It would immensely bore me) You seem very eager to present me in a totally unfavourable light, that, I cannot tolerate. I also do not appreciate your imperious style of writing, as any well mannered person would not. I do not care a squat what you do in your own country.

Excuse me? I never said such behaviour is normal in Turkey, let alone providing excuses for it. On the contrary, I have expressed that I have encountered "such people" in various parts of the world and have shown my disapproval. So there can be no question about that. So I do not understand why you write lines as "your careless abandon to the safety and well-being of a child is really quite alarming" since it is crystal clear I do not. It's amusing that you accuse me such, after my first post which criticizes people who attach only scarce importance to security measures.

Oh and what's alarming, lady, is the way you don't listen (or in this case read) what the other person is saying.
    Bana muvaffakiyetsizlestiricilestiriveremeyebilecekleri mizdenmissinizcesineden daha uzun bir kelime bul çekirge.

18. cameron888 said:

my post is not pleasant and not well mannered? surely you jest. both of your posts were not pleasant and oozed ignorance and immaturity beyond my tolerance. i shall not comment further to someone who clearly has yet you experience any sort of adult life and lacks maturity and education. further, it is apparent that you cannot speak to someone without attacking as you did in both posts-unwantedly might i add. you would do well to learn that while everyone has their own opinions and are freely able to express those opinions-there are ways to have discussions-heated or otherwise without attacking in the arrogant manner as you had done. here is simply 1 example from your first email. "But are you really unaware that there are people like that in this world? My reaction is not surprise but anger. Since I've seen many people like this in various parts of the world, I don't assume on a scandalized astonishment."

lastly, the only one who can and is showing you in an unfavorable light is you. hopefully, someday,you might learn that little lesson. go back and play on the playground...discussion ended...

btw-when did you become ESL?

hey kou and muge...how are you? i will be back in turkey in a few weeks. i cant wait to see everyone!! (and get some work done) all the kids are getting so big!! its hard to believe i missed siddika's birth. but you should see how big that baby keeps getting. i remember when jack was that little. now he is the big 06. the big 1st grader! it is amazing how time flies...

Derin89 said:

Haha you even try and copy my style of writing. Ah your last post inspires grief in me alas it is just like millions of others on the internet that likewise attack their opponent for being "uneducated" and "immature", whatever that is supposed to mean.

*yawn*

Ta-ta.