Hello to all!

Thread: Hello to all!

Tags: None
  1. nightmaresvk said:

Default Hello to all!

I am a student of political science from Slovakia (currently studying in Czech rep.) and I absolutely fell in love with french music. Especially rock or hardrock. Unfortunately I cannot speak french (but I am trying to learn it. Slowly..)

I discovered this forum (few minutes ago) while I was desperately searching for translation of french song lyrics and it looks as a good site. So I hope I will find someone who will be able to do it. And I also hope I will help someone to translate something too.;-)

Greetings to all here

PS: Sorry for my english

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Your English is amazing... Don't worry about a thing.

Welcome to the site.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

Inconsolable89 said:

welcome (F)

Sochko said:

Welcome to the forums. =)
    'I have a cane and I know how to use it.'

Koukla said:

Hello to Slovakia. Are you from lovely Bratislava, which I visited this summer and liked very much?

6. nightmaresvk said:

Thank you all. You are very nice.

Inconsolable89: What did you meant by the "(F)"?
    Koukla: No I am from Žilina (it is in the north part). I am surprised that you liked Bratislava because many of my non-Slovak friends said that the castle and historical centre is very nice but it is too dirty city for them. But it is mostly matter of tastes I guess..

Koukla said:

They gotta be kidding me. Apart from being a cute small city, I was surprised by the cleanliness in that city. And you guys used EU funds very well, the condition of buildings are in much better condition than in Hungary let's say.

8. nightmaresvk said:

Well, I am glad you liked it
    Maybe it depends which part you visited. The centre of city is clean but maybe some non-central parts are not much clean. I do not know - I was there only once and it was in the centre and on the train station. But I liked it as you

btw: Funny you call it "small". It is the biggest city in Slovakia. :-D (But when I compare it to some other cities in Europe it is really small, I know. ;-) )

Koukla said:

We walked all the city, even the new Soviet parts. Even when you overlook the city from that nice tower (and wow what a view), it is obvious the city is neat and clean. Who cares about backstreets. It is nice! We went there by hydrofoil on Duna....was great

Yes it is a small city if I can explore it on foot.
    Btw Prague is my all time favorite city I always wanted to study there and even was about to go for a year but didnt happen.

10. nightmaresvk said:

I was in Prague this weekned! And about 2 a.m. we decided to go to the castle. You know - it was nice, nobody there but we almost freezed.

I also wanted to study in Prague and I almost made it.. I was so close but at the end I was not accepted. So now, I am in Hradec Králové what is about 1h30min to Prague and even this town is absolutely amazing with wonderful historical centre. In Prague I have many more lucky former classmates so I can go there when I want. It´s great!

Koukla said:

Ah I wanna see Praga one more time before I die -)

12. nightmaresvk said:

So go there! It is definetly worth of it!
    Beautiful city.

Koukla said:

Yes, if I have a daughter, I'll send her to study...a boy No way...from parties, girls...he cannot find time to study

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Shows how much faith you'd have in your son...

Koukla said:

After I saw tons of charters from the UK, yes...thats my confidence in males.

16. nightmaresvk said:

I think it depends more on education and society where the kids are..
    It has little to do with a sex of a child.

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Quote Originally Posted by Koukla View Post
    After I saw tons of charters from the UK, yes...thats my confidence in males.
    No, that's your confidence in statistics.
    Statistics made up by people who have never been near a uni in their lives.

You said "if I had a boy" ... If you've not had your child yet, you cannot say how he's going to turn out until he's born... Assuming he'll be constantly after sex and booze makes you out to be a bad parent from the off.

Koukla said:

Well actually I was making a joke, but as we have a wet blanket, he took it seriously and I also played the game