Where to buy Greek music?

Thread: Where to buy Greek music?

Tags: None

Xandrios said:

Default Where to buy Greek music?

Hiya :-)

Like many people here I'm not from greece, but I love Greek music. I'm ashamed to say that right now I get most of my Greek music from the internet...but I would like to buy at least a couple of my favorite albums. Question is..how? :-o

Its just impossible to find any Greek album in stores here. I have searched a bit on the internet but did not come up with much, only some incredibly overpriced eBay seller! How do you guys get your music?

For example i'd like to buy some Kotsiras, Ioannidis, Helena Paparizou and Despina Vandi albums. Which probably are a bit old already anyway so that doesn't make it easier to find them! Any tips or ideas?

Thanks!
    Greetings from a rainy Holland..
    Πάει λίγος καιρός που φαινόσουν αλλιώς στα δικά μου τα μάτια
    κι η καρδιά μου πλημμύριζε από σένα ξεχείλιζε

tzina772000 said:

We normally do the same thing you do, download it for free.
    There are sights that you can buy, as
    http://www.musichellas.gr/ (here you can download single songs too)

http://www.123play.gr/123play/EL/?SITE_ID=1

Of course all the pages are in Greek

catherini said:

Hi Xandrios

I'm a bit old fashioned and like to buy CD's. Once upon a time the only place I could get Greek music was from a shop in London called ' Trehantiri' . They are a family business and you can actually ring them and talk to them, ask advice etc. Anything I order I usually get the next day and I like to support them cos they've always helped me. They are totally reliable. If you want to call them the tel no is 0044 208 802 6530.

or web site here

http://www.trehantirimusic.com/sitemap.asp

evchron said:

Hi Xandrios,
    there are many ways to find everything about greek music in internet.
    2 of the best sites with greek music are:
    1) www.pareoula-forum.com
    2)http://www.ellinadiko.com/
    you have to be subscribed and the labels are in english,and there is also a forum there ,in order to help you if you can't find something that you are looking for..
    otherwise you can google the" title of the cd "+"the artist"+rapidshare
    and you will find links to download that you want.

Now if you want to buy the original cd's,i think that you can go to a cd store and they can order the cd's for you without a charge.This happens in greece,
    i dont have a credit card so sometimes that i want english or turkish books,or turkish cd's , i went to a bookstore (or a cd store) and they order them for me,and i dont pay anything.The only disadvantage is that maybe it will be needed a long time to receive them,about 2-4 weeks..

i hope this post to be helpfull for you,
    if you have any questions about these forums you can sent me email.
    Cheers..

Tahira said:

Hi Xandrios,
    in Germany its not allowed to download music without paying for it, maybe it´s the smae in Holland.

I buy my CDs in ebay.de You should have a look there or make the "Search in Europe" function in ebay. Sometimes there are offered used CDs and it is not so expensive.

You can also have a look at: www.canzone-online.de they have a huge selection for world music and you can also try www.musicload.de on this website you can download not only albums but only single songs and you have the chance to listen to them for a few seconds.

Xandrios said:

Thanks everybody for the replies!

I found many sites to download music but I prefer to buy an actual CD. I mean its nice to have the physical cd and artwork as well..and its a good way of supporting the artist I think. Right now I got many cd's and songs from ellinikado and other sites like that but it feels a bit wrong :-)

Ordering them at a store here does not really work...I asked them but they look at me like i'm crazy :-P

Thanks everybody for the links! I'd have to spend some time to find out if they will ship to Holland, and since my Greek is still very bad this will take a while :P Does somebody maybe have recommendations for international sellers as well? (Something like cd-wow.com perhaps?)

Thanks again, everybody!
    Πάει λίγος καιρός που φαινόσουν αλλιώς στα δικά μου τα μάτια
    κι η καρδιά μου πλημμύριζε από σένα ξεχείλιζε

Tahira said:

Hi Xandrios,
    I can only recommend, as above mentioned: www.canzone-online.de
    They ship wolrdwide. And Germany-Holland is only "just around the corner"
    Just have a look there, you can also listen to some CDs there.

Have a nice day, Tahira

8. tomdobie said:

does anybody know where you can buy the sheet music for popular greek songs such as psaxno tin alitheia by helena paparizou??

9. Danish-delite said:

Hi Xandrios.
    I am from Denmark and I have very good experience with the following two Greek on-line shops which have sites in English as well:
    www.musical.gr which is situated in Patra. They are very quick and reliable. I usually get my stuff within a week after ordering. www.studio52.gr is situated in Thessaloniki, also very reliable but a bit slow in posting, maybe because of the bank-system they use. You can easily look up names of artists on both sites and compare prices of CDs.
    I am sad to inform another poster who mention the London based Trehantiri. They have decided to close for good because of death in the family. I have used them since late 1970's before the arrival of the Internet.
    If you have a chance to visit Athens, you should definately visit the large Metropolis and Public stores and bring a lot of money, as you will probably go totally nuts with all this wonderful Greek music, even the old stuff is being re-issued all the time.
    Good luck in hunting.
    Best wishes from an equally reiny Copenhagen/Denmark.

greeksc said:

Smile Buy Greek music mp3 online

Hi,
    you can go to this site: http://music-bazaar.com/ There you can buy mp3 songs individually or buy the whole album at a discount. The songs are relatively inexpensive. After you buy them, you download the files to your computer.
    The prices are in Euros, but you can buy with credit cards etc. There you will find all the latest hits and lots of older ones as well. if you need more info let me know...

regards