A million things I can't do now, Lyrics by me

Thread: A million things I can't do now, Lyrics by me

Tags: None
  1. BRITSTA28 said:

Default A million things I can't do now, Lyrics by me

Let me know what you think!! I have never posted here before but just thought I would try this.

A million things I can’t do now

We met once and I thought you were a fool, we met again I couldn’t even remember you.
    If I could go back now I would, but that is just one more thing I can’t do now. If we meet again maybe I should pretend that your name isn’t the last thing I will never forget now.

If this sounds like a sad song, it’s meant to be because that’s one more thing I can’t do now. Now that you are gone I can’t even listen to one more song. Elton Johns get me down, Chicago makes me cry and winter keeps me from forgetting the time we spent or all the time that has gone by.

I can’t eat at an Italian Restaurant, kiss by a fire, wear pearls, or hug a teddy bear now,and oh how I am always adding to the million things I can’t do with out thinking of you.

You sat too close in the Library that day, laughed a little too loud, and I knew I shouldn‘t fall for you. If I could forget, the way you smell, the sound of your voice, I would forget now and go back to thinking you were just some fool but that is just one more thing I can’t do now.

I can’t eat at an Italian Restaurant, kiss by a fire, wear pearls, or hug a teddy bear now, and oh how I am always adding to the millions of damn things I can’t do now.

You said I was your first love and that is why you went away… Now that was the last thing I heard you say. Why did it have to be the last thing I heard you say did you think it would stop me from walking down the isle? Now I can’t forget the last words I wish I never heard?

I can’t eat at an Italian Restaurant, kiss by a fire, wear pearls, or hug a teddy bear now, and oh how I am always adding to the millions of things I can’t do now.

Hears what I wanted to hear… I can’t eat at an Italian Restaurant, kiss by a fire, see a pearl or hold a teddy bear now because you’re the last girl I will ever love now. But that is one thing I don’t have to forget, and I hope you regret that I was the first girl you ever loved now because..

I can’t eat at an Italian Restaurant, kiss by a fire, wear pearls, or hug a teddy bear now, and I am still adding to the millions of things I can’t do now even though I walked down that isle.

2. brightbluepirate said:

it's awesome i love it keep writeing :]

3. BRITSTA28 said:

Talking

thanks

4. xMargoot said:

great lyrics in my opinion!
    x

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Not so much a song, more a short story...

Work it into some sort of musical structure.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.

6. BRITSTA28 said:

well, at least two out of three people like this one. I have to admit though I have never wrote a song before and it was just a wild hair moment!! I am more of a writer than a song writer and my musical abilities are zero!!

7. LaphiTaphi said:

I like it, except, like Ultimate Worrier said, it is much more like a short story than a song. But I like the general theme about it and it's definitely something to build on. If it was a little more musically-enhanced (I can't think of a word to explain it exactly) I think it would be wonderful. =D

8. BRITSTA28 said:

Wink

Thanks, for the comments. I definately get what you are say. But this is about as good as it will get for me , I think. I just can't hear the music in my head.. I just have a story to tell and wish that I could put it to music, so that someday it might be heard by the person it's intended for. Maybe someone will steal it fix it up and make it a hit ( hint ) ( hint ) I just hope they don't change too many of the words .

9. BRITSTA28 said:

It's about a guy and a girl who meet once and don't really get each other but a year later they meet again and fall in love. The problem is it's his first love and he is head over heals and wants to get married , even buys the ring but his friend and family talk him into dating a few other girls before settling down. So he does, she doesn't know that he had bought the ring or what his friend had said so she feels rejected and finds someone else. When he hears that she is getting married he calls and tries to explain , tells her that he thinks she is marrying the wrong guy, and tries to explain by telling her that she was the first girl he ever fell in love with. Of course to her this means , he has fallen in love with someone else since her and that just hurts her more. She doesn't say anything to him just hangs up the phone, because what she wants to hear is " your the last girl I am ever going to love" She wanted to be the last girl he fell in love with NOT the first. So she gets married but still thinks about him and the anger stays with her that he didn't say the right thing when trying to talk her out of getting married.