SOLVED Please help identify a song

Thread: SOLVED Please help identify a song

Tags: None
  1. teldelump said:

Default SOLVED Please help identify a song

SOLVED. there is this song that I have been trying to figure out the name of it for several months. I can't even remember much of the words. I think it would be considered a political song. Mid to late 70s i think. It is more spoken rather than sung. The subject is about how the U.S. has helped the other countries during their disasters but none of those countries could help us when we had disasters. Several people I have asked say they know the song but cannot give a name. A couple have said maybe Tom T Hall, but I cannot find anything for him. Please any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Thank you
    tammy
    Last edited by teldelump; 11-09-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: SOLVED

2. thischick said:

do you know any of the lyrics?

3. teldelump said:

its kinda hazy but i think part of the song was something like "were where they when we needed them?" it also talks about disasters that have happened to the us. i think it also talks about the us never gets help from other countries when we need help but were always helping them. i think it was an old storytelling kind of country song. any help would be greatly appreciated. its been driving me insane for at least six months

4. teldelump said:

Thumbs up Solved

Thank you, I went to an old record store and the owner knew exactly what I was talking about. It's "The Americans" by Byron MacGregor.