Not a translation but I need lyrics and I don't know where to find them

Thread: Not a translation but I need lyrics and I don't know where to find them

Tags: None

Süperstar said:

Talking Not a translation but I need lyrics and I don't know where to find them

Ciao!
    I love the song Lebanese Nights by Chris De Bugh and Elyssa.
    Since I joined a pacifistic organization, I would love to sing it with a friend of mine, but I'd need to find Elyssa's lyrics in Arabic, which I was not able to find anywhere in the web: I always find English parts, but never the Arabic ones.
    Could any of you gently write them here? I would be thankful!

PS
    I saw that often Arabic is written using some kind of codes, with numbers like 3 or 7. Would you write it without any code, only with latin letters?
    Thank you very very much!

2. suleiman said:

i just found it..there is arabic part with arabic letters...

It was late in a Lebanese restaurant, in the heat of a Lebanese night, There was dancing, people were singing, she came in from the garden outside, And in her eyes بعيونك I saw the stars بشوف النجوم And I felt something happen in my heart آه Then I knew I was going to meet her in the heat of a Lebanese night, And the girl inside the woman, who came over to sit by my side, And when she smiled, the whole world stopped سلام It was then I heard the echoes of a child And did you go to your bed with a sweet lullaby, And the sound of the guns in the night, And did you dance in the fields, did you run for your life, From the hell that came down from the sky? On a Lebanese night, on a Lebanese night; We went down to the edge of the water, by the light of a Lebanese dawn, And she told me all the stories of her beautiful land in the war, Her tears fell down, the sun came up, And I saw again the young girl in her eyes; غمضت عيونك ع غنية و صوت بالليل شو خيفان و رح بتظل هيك ليليي انت سهران شئ مرة مشيت بهالمدى من نار هربت او من حدى لعندك جيي ع الغداء و كنت تعبان On a Lebanese night, on a Lebanese night; انا ما عرفت إلا مكان ما رح بيظل منه السلام في حدى يشتاق , مين يوزعون مش كل الاولاد في هدية الن And did you go to your bed with a sweet lullaby, And the sound of the guns in the night, And did you dance in the fields, did you run for your life, From the hell that came down from the sky? On a Lebanese night, on a Lebanese night, On a Lebanese night, on a Lebanese night, I will be waiting, in the Lebanon

Süperstar said:

Suleiman, you've been very kind, but my problem is that I can't read Arabic... I'd need to read the Arabic part with Latin letters... I'm sorry

4. suleiman said:

i just wrote down the arabic part:

بعيونك - ba'yoonak
    بشوف النجوم - bshoof el njoom
    سلام - Salam

غمضت عيونك ع غنية و صوت بالليل شو خيفان و رح بتظل هيك ليليي انت سهران شئ مرة مشيت بهالمدى من نار هربت او من حدى لعندك جيي ع الغداء و كنت تعبان:-

ghamadt A'yoonak Aa' ghanneeh wa saot baleil shoo kheefan wa rah bitzhil haik leili ant sahran shik marrah msheet bhalmada min nar hrabt aw min hada lian'dak jaiyi Aa' alghadaa' wa kanet ta'ban

انا ما عرفت إلا مكان ما رح بيظل منه السلام في حدى يشتاق , مين يوزعون مش كل الاولاد في هدية الن
    ana ma a'rift illa makan ma rah beezhil minnuh ssalam fee hada yashtaq , meen yiwaza'on mish kil il ulad fee hdeeh eloon

i hope this can help u..u have to listen to the arabic pronouciation again and again..because she used to combine some words....