SOLVED: Looking for female artist name for a cover of "send me an angel"

Thread: SOLVED: Looking for female artist name for a cover of "send me an angel"

Tags: None
  1. MediaMan said:

Default SOLVED: Looking for female artist name for a cover of "send me an angel"

Greetings,

I love the 80s/90s song: "Send Me An Angel (right now)" originally done by the Australian group "Real Life" (male vocal).

But in around 2004/2005 I saw a music video of a remake of that song done by a female. And I liked that version better... even though the original by Real Life is excellent!

But now I can not, for the life of me, remember the name of that female artist?
    She has a kinda husky voice, but still feminine... and for some reason I think she is Canadian but I am not sure. I think she was in her 30s at the time.

Does anyone remember that cover version, and artist?

Its NOT the cover by the female Pobi.
    Its NOT the cover by the female in the Trance version common online called "Techno female vocal remix." which is also excellent, but not the female voice I am looking for.

I have looked everywhere online and downloaded a dozen versions, some male, most by Real Life, some female but none are the one I am looking for.

Please help!
    Last edited by MediaMan; 11-22-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Solved

Vette said:

Could it be "God Send Me an Angel" by Amanda Perez (who, by the way, if from the same city I currently live in)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH7PqKbX9Ok
    One Life, One Team....L.A. Lakers!!!

logan01 said:

Which versions have you eliminated so that the search can be narrowed?

4. MediaMan said:

Thanks Vette, I checked that song... wrong lyrics... but thanks for the effort!

Here are the lyrics to the "Send Me An Angel" song by "Real Life":
    Do you believe in heaven above
    do you believe in love.
    Don't tell a lie
    don't be false or untrue
    it all comes back to you.
    Open fire on my burning heart
    I've never been lucky in love.
    My defences are down a kiss or a frown
    I can't sunrive on my own.
    If a girl walks in and carves her name in my heart
    I'll turn and run away.
    Everyday we've all been led astray
    it's hard to be lucky in love.
    It gets in your eyes
    it's making you cry

Don't know what to do
    don't know what to do.
    You're looking for love calling heaven above.
    Send me an angel
    send me an angel
    right now
    right now....

Hi Logan01,

So far I have ruled out the covers done by these artists:
    Pobi
    Thrice
    Zeromancer
    Deadstar Assembly
    Paul Oakenfold
    Atrocity
    Mythos And DJ Cosmo
    Nova Space

I'm starting to wonder if what I saw was a remake of the song, done by Real Life themselves... only with a female doing the vocal??

F A B Scott said:

Did you try this version by Purr Machine?

Send Me An Angel

6. MediaMan said:

Unhappy No luck yet

Hi FAB Scott,

I checked it out, and although that female does have a somewhat husky voice, it is not the one I am looking for. But thanks for the effort all the same!

MM

7. MediaMan said:

Thumbs up Solved:

Ok... I finally figured this all out.

The cover of "send me an angel" I was looking for... WAS done by Novaspace, circa 2006.

The first time I listened to a Novaspace cover on you.tube, it was the live version: (3:23) mins, and did not sound like the video I saw a couple of years ago... so I concluded they were not the group I was looking for.

I was not able to find the exact video on you.tube, but I did find a video with the exact cover version: (5:57) mins. (on some strange anime video) Where the version of the song is subtitled: (7th Heaven Mix)... Here is a link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnisbTcN5L8

I also now remember... that the mp3 I had before was subtitled: (Angelic extended mix).

Thanks to all who tried to help!... and sorry for any confusion... which was mine.

MM

F A B Scott said:

Thanks for letting us know - glad you found it anyway.