Christmas all around the world

Thread: Christmas all around the world

Tags: None

Steena said:

Lightbulb Christmas all around the world

I thought it would be a nice idea if we collect christmas songs from all around the world. There's no restrictions here, all languages, countries and types of music are welcome - the songs just need a main theme: christmas

I'll start with some titles, but might turn up later to add some more.

My all-time favorite song for this time of year doesn't even mention christmas, but we only listen to it when christmas is near.

Audrey Hannah - It's December [Video]

And some random titles coming to my mind, not that I really like them:

Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you [Video]

And of course the nightmare of every Christmas - I guess all of you who celebrate Christmas agree, you've never spend any December without this song: Wham - Last Christmas [Video]

And of course there's plenty of "copycats":

Hilary Duff - Last Christmas [Video]

Ashley Tisdale - Last Christmas [Video]

Cascada - Last Christmas [Video]

Crazy Frog - Last Christmas [Video]

... just to name a few Your personal version is somewhere out there

Band Aid - Do they know it's Christmas [Video]

Melanie Thornton - Wonderful Dream (Holidays are coming) [Video]

Donny Hathaway - This Christmas [Video]

Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song [Video]

Sarah Connor - Christmas is in my heart [Video]

... I guess this list could be endless.
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?
  2. SayYouWill said:

Nice list. But really, I'm not very fond of English christmas songs. I don't know why, but I prefere our Swedish more haha...
    For example this song below, I really tell you it's great song so listen to it even though you don't understand Swedish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-CWdZ1zXD0

It's called "Julen är här" which means "Christmas is here" and is sung by Tommy Körberg and Sissel Kyrkjebö.

Angeliki said:

Default Holiday Season

Since its that time of year, I was wondering if anyone could share really good Christmas/holiday songs. I know there is a ton of them out there. What are your suggestions? Anyone who could give me any Greek favorites would be appreciated Of course any language would be nice as well
    It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; thru sickness we recognize the value of health; thru evil, the value of good; thru hunger, the value of food; thru exertion, the value of rest.

Inconsolable89 said:

Frank Sinatra - Jingle Bells
  5. saramitch85 said:

Default Tis' the season...

I love Christmas music. I'm excited for Christmas but I love the time leading up to it because my guilty pleasure is Christmas music! I just bought Mannheim Steamroller's new "Christmasville" cd off amazon. I love all the instrumental songs. I would definitely recommend this if you love all different types of Christmas music.

Sara Fontana
  6. helloduniya2 said:

Red face hi

one day i am walking on a road then i heard a Christmas song. then I think this Christmas song is favorite song all around the world.
  7. RainSong said:

atmaestro said:

"Silver Bells" by Bing Crosby

For something more updated, I like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD, "Christmas Eve and Other Stories"
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title