1950's Italian fun song lyrics request

Thread: 1950's Italian fun song lyrics request

Tags: None
  1. Marybelle said:

Post 1950's Italian fun song lyrics request

Back when I was a young teen, there was a funny song sung in Italian by, I think, Dean Martin... it was about all sorts of instruments like the saxophona, trompetta, trombona, frescioletta? (flute or piccolo), and the sounds they made. The beginning words sounded like AY COMPARE... and then another line that sounded like "she was so naughty"... and then something like AY ZEE ZONA A Saxophona, a coma zee zona a saxophona, TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT a Saxophone.... a tippity tippity ta! Since I don't know any Italian, the words above are phonetically how I remember them. Please help me find the name and lyrics to this song, and who wrote/and or sang it! Thanks! Please email me if you know this information at maryb2@fairpoint.net Thanks!

2. Aquarius said:

Default 1950s Italian fun song

The song you are looking for is "Eh, Cumpari!" by Julius La Rosa

I remember hearing him sing it on The Ed Sullivan Show in the 50s. I have been racking my brain to remember who sang it, also.

3. Mikej1592 said:

Default Thanks so much for this posts reply!

OMG thank you so much for helping me remember this song, it was driving me up the wall since I could only barely remember the words. Obviously just enough to find this post in a search. :-) Thanks so much again for helping us out. A quick google/tube search and found an upload and sure enough it is exactly what I had in my head.