Song on Skins BBC America Season 2 Episodes 6 & 7... Turn The Light Out

Thread: Song on Skins BBC America Season 2 Episodes 6 & 7... Turn The Light Out

Tags: None
  1. melblue said:

Default Song on Skins BBC America Season 2 Episodes 6 & 7... Turn The Light Out

HELP!!! I can't find the song that's played on these 2 episodes...
    It's a slow song...
    Has these lyrics more or less: "If you can't go on, well then I can't go on, and if you can't go on, turn the light out... turn the light out... turn the light out..."
    PLEASE HELP ME!!! I'm going mad trying to find out the name/artist of this song!!!

2. cvn said:

I really really really really really also need to find out the name of this song. I've been searching for it for months

3. mariah.dim.13 said:

Cool omgogmomg me too!!!

ok yeah im also trying to find this song!!! i have been looking all day, i know its in the Effy episode in the part where she finds her mum's pills and like lays her mum down to rest..i have seriously looked everywhere. it is nowhere to be found but reply if you find it!! and i will keep looking.

4. Bachata said:

5. mariah.dim.13 said:

no ( its like a slow song and hes slow guitar in the beginning...

6. ssp0978 said:

I've been looking for the same song - hope someone can help! When I first heard it, it sounded like Thom York - but I'm sure it's not him!

atmaestro said:

I did not find a good match for your lyrics. Try the following songs:

"Bring The Night" by Eve 6

Turn the light off,
    leave me where I lay.
    Bring the night on, not another day.

"All The Small Things" by Blink-182

Say it ain't so, I will not go,
    turn the lights off, carry me home
    Na, na...
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

8. DonnaApop said:

Wink Skins DVD out now- What's your favorite song from the show?

Greetings everyone! My name is Donna and I’m helping BBC Video release the first season of Skins to DVD! As a big fan myself, I'm super excited to let you all know that Skins: Volume 1 features over eight hours of content in a three-disc set containing all nine episodes of the original British first season, as well as bonus video diaries and additional storylines! (yay, even more Tony for me!)

For more details, check out the BBC America Shop

As far as songs go, check out this site, it has all the info about the music played on the show. Cheers!

So, what are some of everyone's fave songs from Skins?

9. mazzykat said:

I didn"t see it, so I'm throwing in a wild guess here. The slow guitar in the beginning with the lyrics "turn the light out", sounds like The Fembots 'Count Down Our Days'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5fO8bsDeYo

10. mariah.dim.13 said:

no thats not it either :\ but thank you! to add to my description though, its in the episode of the second season with Effy. its right after the mom tells her "c**k joke" to like, effy, pandora, sid, and tony in the kitchen, thats when the song starts in the background. its playing while effy's in her mothers room as her mom lays down.. then she finds pills in her mom's pocket and takes them. then pandora comes in and says "your brother's really nice..." and effy says "he's not nice, he's amazing.. he was hit by a bus you know" sometime after that the song stops. its in a really short period of time....i prolly sound crazy for explaining that in full detail..but i really want this song! haha ^_^

11. DonnaApop said:

Hmm....I can't seem to find the song....If you or someone you know has an iPhone, there is an application called Shazam that you can use. How it works, is you put the iPhone up to the speakers so it can hear the song, then it will search for it and tell you the name/artist of the song. If you wanna try Shazam check it out here Hope this helps!

So Skins fans- What was your fave episode from Seasons 1+2? Mine was the Anwar and Maxxie episode where they go to Russia...clash of the titans between them! But thankfully everything turns out oki doki!!!

12. PeteMaine said:

Default I am searching for 2 songs as well.....

One is the song discussed above...This is from the Series 2, Tony episode. It is at the very end of the episode. Here are the lyrics I can understand:
    "But if you can't go on, well then I can't go on, and if I can't go on, turn the light out"

Second one is from Series 2, Effy episode.
    It has the following lyrics (song plays while Tony is sitting alone on his bed with cell phone):
    "The satellite is on me now,
    watching every move I make,
    recording every word I say.
    The system says its working now,
    self-correcting.......
    Chorus:
    Am I out of wonder....

I have the episodes on DVR so I am going copy audio of them both soon, I will post a link here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm obsessed with both songs--I have a feeling they are not published.

13. breebabylou said:

I know this thread is kind of old but I think I found the song you were looking for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt-wPXTkkNI

14. bravesirrobin33 said:

Low 'Point of Disgust' is not the song. It sounds like it could be the band Low or Grizzly Bears, but I cannot find this song. I'm obsessed with it too. Any update on finding it? The songlist is no help on the e4 site, because it's not there!!! I bought the soundtrack to season 1, but of course this was in season 2 and that's not out yet.

15. bravesirrobin33 said:

Also, I tried the Shazam app on my iPhone, and it can't tag the song.

16. Bachata said:

Quote Originally Posted by breebabylou View Post
    I know this thread is kind of old but I think I found the song you were looking for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt-wPXTkkNI
    That is what I thought; it's the same song in the youtube link I posted above. I think the problem is that the UK episode of skins has a totally different track(s?) to the US one!

17. bravesirrobin33 said:

My niece sent me this link. I'm afraid since Shazam can't find it that it's not published. This lists ALOT of songs from Seasons 1 & 2:

http://www.taringa.net/posts/musica/...it%C3%A1nica)-

18. bravesirrobin33 said:

Default Any Info???

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMaine View Post
    One is the song discussed above...This is from the Series 2, Tony episode. It is at the very end of the episode. Here are the lyrics I can understand:
    "But if you can't go on, well then I can't go on, and if I can't go on, turn the light out"

Second one is from Series 2, Effy episode.
    It has the following lyrics (song plays while Tony is sitting alone on his bed with cell phone):
    "The satellite is on me now,
    watching every move I make,
    recording every word I say.
    The system says its working now,
    self-correcting.......
    Chorus:
    Am I out of wonder....

I have the episodes on DVR so I am going copy audio of them both soon, I will post a link here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm obsessed with both songs--I have a feeling they are not published.
    Does anyone know these two songs? Sounds like it's the same artist in both. It also plays when Tony is looking at the photo album of he and Michelle in the Effy episode.

19. KNLA said:

Default Any Luck?

has anyone figured out who sings this?

20. KNLA said:

Matthew Pop. "Lights Out"