Please help

Thread: Please help

Tags: None

arif_mersin said:

Default Please help

Can you help me? translation modern greek please thankyou so much

Hi friend.

Unfortunately November 25 was my bday and I thought I had friends but I see I dont have any, I need such friends who, on such a meaningful day, dont celebrate me. Who needs such friendship? I am looking for real freinds, not fake ones. They only add you to make their list look crowded, dry crowd (means unnecessary). Some dont even make comments for or send msg to their friends on their list. I decided that from now on until I find real friends, I wont add anyone. with my love and respect Arif
    even though our friendship is hidden in the distant kilometres, we're friends as long as we share the same sky

2. vazeliki said:

Hi!! This is the greek translation, 100% sure about it.
    The only comment i want to make is that the translation for "friend" is φίλος for male and φίλη for female. So, if the receiver is a guy, choose the first one (φίλε), otherwise the 2nd one.

PS: You 'll notice that i used the word add twice. That is, because in greek slang, we say "κάνω add", meaning to add someone in a friends list. If you want something more formal, i can send you the changes, but i can assure you that noone uses it.

Γειά σου φίλε / φίλη,

Δυστυχώς, στις 25 Νοεμβρίου ήταν τα γενέθλιά μου και, ενώ νόμιζα ότι είχα φίλους, τελικά συνειδητοποίησα ότι δεν έχω κανέναν. Δεν χρειάζομαι φίλους, οι οποίοι σε μία τόσο σημαντική μέρα δεν θα με γιορτάσουν. Ποιος χρειάζεται τέτοιες φιλίες; Εγώ θέλω αληθινούς φίλους, όχι ψεύτικους. Αυτοί, απλά σε κάνουν add για να φαίνεται η λίστα τους πιο γεμάτη, επιφανειακά γεμάτη. Ορισμένοι δεν κάνουν ούτε κανένα σχόλιο, ούτε καν στέλνουν ένα μήνυμα στους φίλους που έχουν στη λίστα τους. Αποφάσισα ότι από εδώ και πέρα θα βρω αληθινούς φίλους, δεν θα κάνω add κανέναν.

Με αγάπη και εκτίμηση,
    Arif

arif_mersin said:

Efharisto poli
    even though our friendship is hidden in the distant kilometres, we're friends as long as we share the same sky