Yo Quiero Fumar Mota by Cypress Hill (short)

Thread: Yo Quiero Fumar Mota by Cypress Hill (short)

Tags: None
  1. dmoney101 said:

Default Yo Quiero Fumar Mota by Cypress Hill (short)

Can anybody help me finish this translation?

Chorus x4:
    Yo quiero fumar... mota
    I wanna smoke weed

[b-real]
    Mucha gente me decia, que yo no podria

Fumar mariguana por la policia
    -To smoke weed by the police
    Me vale madre el humo que hay por todo el aire

Si tu quieres que me toque pues caele

Soy el grifo mas escandaloso
    -I'm the most scandolous griffin (huh?)
    De los Angeles cypress peligroso
    -From Los Angeles dangerous Cypress
    Enciende el leņo o la pipa
    -light up the log? or the pipe
    Pasalo por mi clicka la que rifa
    -Pass it to my click ???
    Mota rica, chipa chipa
    -Good weed, ???
    Llevando yesca, estoy arriba
    -Carrying weed, i'm high
    Es algo que yo hago a diario
    -It's something i do daily
    Al despertar y tambien todo el dia en mi barrio
    -When i wake up and all day in my hood
    Cuando me encuentres en cualquier lugar
    -When you find me in whatever place
    Saca papeles porque quiero fumar mota...
    -Take out some paper cuz i wanna smoke weed
    Chorus x3:
    Yo quiero fumar... mota...
    Last edited by dmoney101; 12-20-2008 at 09:50 PM.

bedroomeyes said:

You've got most of it dmoney...

[b-real]
    Many people told me I couldn't do it.

I don't give a f**k if smoke fills up the air

...As for the slang, I will leave that to the experts!

3. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomeyes View Post
    You've got most of it dmoney...

[b-real]
    Many people told me I couldn't do it.

I don't give a f**k if smoke fills up the air

...As for the slang, I will leave that to the experts!
    but you're from texas. you should know the chicano/mexican slang jaja

bedroomeyes said:

Ha...That's probably the only reason why I knew what "vale madre" means! Now that I think about it, there was another song a while back with that word "toque" in it. I think it said something like, "me pongo un toque de kush..." I took a stab at translating it and then someone did it again with the correct slang. I can't think off the top of my head what the title was. It seems everyone's coming up with their own slang nowadays!

5. dmoney101 said:

Ha...That's probably the only reason why I knew what "vale madre" means! Now that I think about it, there was another song a while back with that word "toque" in it. I think it said something like, "me pongo un toque de kush..." I took a stab at translating it and then someone did it again with the correct slang. I can't think off the top of my head what the title was. It seems everyone's coming up with their own slang nowadays!
    yea, toque is just spanglish for toke. i'm really bad at mexican/chicano spanish. it's like a whole nother language from what i'm used to

bedroomeyes said:

Yeah...I guess you just have to live close to the people that speak it to know what they're saying. I gather not too many Mexican/Chicanos live around you? I know many people from Mexico. We just never speak slang to each other.

7. dmoney101 said:

Yeah...I guess you just have to live close to the people that speak it to know what they're saying. I gather not too many Mexican/Chicanos live around you? I know many people from Mexico. We just never speak slang to each other.
    all that lives around me is mexicans and chicanos, but we usually speak english to each other jaja. we only speak spanish when we talk about something we don't want other people to know about. the only time when i'm around constant spanish is the music i listen to which is why i understand puerto ricans, cubans, and dominicans better than any other country jaja

bedroomeyes said:

Oh ok. I was under the impression you were somewhere northeast where a lot of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans live. I am seeing more and more Puerto Ricans down here but not too many Dominicans. I lived in New York way back in the day and that's where I saw a lot of Dominicans. Of course me being Colombian, we're the "minority" pretty much everywhere I go.

9. dmoney101 said:

Oh ok. I was under the impression you were somewhere northeast where a lot of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans live. I am seeing more and more Puerto Ricans down here but not too many Dominicans. I lived in New York way back in the day and that's where I saw a lot of Dominicans. Of course me being Colombian, we're the "minority" pretty much everywhere I go.
    oh yea, i live in TN. where i was raised in south nashville is pretty much 99% hispanic. and not just any hispanic, straight up paisas everywhere jaja
    there's only one dominican that goes to my school, and like 3 puerto ricans

bedroomeyes said:

Paisas? In TN? Go figure. I never would've guessed that. Wow. I never thought of Nashville as being 99% Hispanic either. Does it get really cold up there? It seems nice from what little I have seen.

11. dmoney101 said:

Paisas? In TN? Go figure. I never would've guessed that. Wow. I never thought of Nashville as being 99% Hispanic either. Does it get really cold up there? It seems nice from what little I have seen.
    up there? we're still in the south. and in TN, our image is sooo off. 90% of nashville is a bad neighborhood the whole way around. you have downtown which isn't that bad, but it's got country music crap everywhere. south nashville is nothing but hispanics. north and east is mostly black (really bad areas). west nashville nobody really cares about. everyone represents their side, but i've never heard anyone say "i'm from west nashville" like it was something to be proud of jaja. i think a lot of mexicans came here because you could get a license without being legal (what i heard) and you can get anywhere easily from nashville. it's like a hub.