Opera Synth Vangelis style song

Thread: Opera Synth Vangelis style song

Tags: None
  1. gibson81 said:

Default Opera Synth Vangelis style song

Hello!

I've been searching for the name of this artist for a long time now. At least I'd like to know the song title. It sounds a bit like Vangelis but I don't think it is.

I uploaded the only clip I have with this song. It's taken from a swedish TV-show about football, but I'm pretty sure the song is not produced in Sweden. So in this clip you'll hear a swedish narrator and you hear the song in the background. Unfortunately I can't remove the swedish voice

Here is the clip:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/177238055/song.mp3

Like I said, it sounds a bit like Vangelis in my ears, and the language sounds a bit like italian. But it might the opera style fooling me in that part

Btw, the show is from 1994 so that means we can exclude songs made later than 1994., or at least 1995

I'd really appreciate your help, I'm out of clues now

Thanks

2. gibson81 said:

I'm still searching

And if someone doesn't want to download the clip you can watch it streaming from youtube.

http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwurs_GIKM

You'll hear the song at 7:15

3. BlueNileFan said:

Hi, i read the YT comments...an 8+ year trek...Wow!

The video is credited at IMDB. Have you tried contacting any of the following, all associated with the project, all should know or can find out:

Albert Svanberg, co-director (must be hard to reach)
    Mats Nyström, sports journalist and co-director
    Anders Glenmark, actor,composer
    Niklas Strömstedt, composer
    Dennis Videmyr, editor
    Sören Kjellin, art department

My brother, a pretty good classical music fan did not recognize any familiar aria. He says it is very 20th century and was possibly contracted for that particular event/program.
    Have you tried these:
    Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra (public relations officer)
    The Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra (PRO)

Good Luck!

4. gibson81 said:

Tried to contact swedish TV about this before without any success. Don't know if they don't know the answer or if they're just too lazy and don't want to try finding the answer. But usually they're pretty good helping people with answers.

The composers you mention has nothing to do with this song, cause they're included in the credits of another song which also is lncluded in the song. I know the style of their songs. They made the swedish official world cup song that year.

Mats Nyström is the narrator you hear during the song, so I hope he'd know. I actually saw him once on the street when I was in Stockholm. I should have went straight forward to ask him about this. But at that time I hesitated Probably he'd think I'm a scary freak who after his family or something. Who stop someone at the street to ask about a song in a show he produced 15 years ago ? But now when I think back, that's what I should have done of course

Of course when you mentioned Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra and
    The Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra. I never thought about that actually. Cause all the time I've been so sure that they added an already made song to the soundtrack. Never struck my mind that they might have produced it themselves. And if that's the case it's still gonna be hard to get the song I'm sure since it's not released and they have no permission to send it to the public etc etc.

But really thanks for your efforts, I really appreciate it

5. gibson81 said:

Now finally I solved the mystery (For the people who's intrerested )

I did email this guy Dennis Videmyr, and like I said before I didn't know the title or artist. But he told me that they got it from british ITV, who used this song as a "theme song" during the 1990's.

But then at least I had something to go for.

and after searching and asking on the internet for a couple of hours I found out that the song is called "Tutti al Mondo" by Rod Argent.

So I'd like to thank all you people for helping out.

Thanks...

6. gibson81 said:

F A B Scott said:

Thanks for letting us know.

8. BlueNileFan said:

Yes!!!!!

I join you and celebrate loudly by playing that very song.

Now you can marry, have kids and live a normal life...

Kidding aside, Congratulations!