Who's The Best Reggaeton Producer Luny Tunes Or Victor El Nasi Y Nesty Right Now. .

Thread: Who's The Best Reggaeton Producer Luny Tunes Or Victor El Nasi Y Nesty Right Now. .

Tags: None

ohsirus said:

Cool Who's The Best Reggaeton Producer Luny Tunes Or Victor El Nasi Y Nesty Right Now. .

I like, admire, and appreciate what Luny Tunes is/has done for reggaeton; BIG ups. They have broke barriers para su gente. However to me, nesty”La mente maestra” y victor “El Nasi”, are running the game right now. Their CD is fire; they are taking reggaeton and latin music to another level, and are ahead of the curve. They are doing things that other producers will be copying in ’09 to forever for sure. Reggae is the basis of reggaeton. If you listen to reggae and dancehall music they do have set beat patterns but people branch out and make different patterns and different baselines.

In the beginning, L.T. was coming w/ some of the same stuff. They took a portion or 1 set reggae beat pattern, made their own baseline ran w/ that. After awhile and through other producers L.T.’s beat pattern became the standard for reggaeton. Reggaeton music had the same pattern, and most baselines were the same. The sounds to make them (the pattern and baseline) were different. Now dont get it twisted, it was nice back then because they were originators; they were only ones laying it down like that. And it was new; it had/has a nice groove. But after 2 years that got a little old.

Nesty done flipped it and made it more of an up beat dance groove. It is more dancehall-ish. It has more of a techno, reggae/dancehall feel. Their synthesizers, snares, and baselines are new and ridiculous. The beats are complexed, but yet simple, smooth and easy on the ears. There is a lot going on in the beat sometimes but you can audibly break the beat down. L.T. cant get away w/ some of the same beats there were making before. “Get away” in the sence of having a hit song w/ those same beats. I strongly feel they would get crushed by Victor now.

Im not hate’n on what L.T. and other producers like, Nely “el arma secreta” , Tainy, Noriega, Predicador, Doble A & Nales "Los Presidentes", Bones "The Musical Alchemist", Thilo "La Navaja de Doble Filo", Mr. G, Naldo, Jorge "Joker" Elvira, and Miki "La Mano Bionica" have done and are doing now ( Oh and not to mention Nely, Noriega and some of these other cats came up through L.T. ). Please no not get it wrong; I actually cant wait to hear something new from L.T. and the others to see if they have stepped up their game and change. I hope they raise the bar for Nesty and Victor even more. Reggaeton and these producers are still a developing and growing.

I am proud of what is it, was and going to be. Right now to me Victor and Nesty have pulled away from the pack w/ their sound. They are leaps and bounds ahead of others. Who is on their level?
    .:WOn HUNeTtE:. -PontE eN M! n!veL-

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by ohsirus View Post
    I like, admire, and appreciate what Luny Tunes is/has done for reggaeton; BIG ups. They have broke barriers para su gente. However to me, nesty”La mente maestra” y victor “El Nasi”, are running the game right now. Their CD is fire; they are taking reggaeton and latin music to another level, and are ahead of the curve. They are doing things that other producers will be copying in ’09 to forever for sure. Reggae is the basis of reggaeton. If you listen to reggae and dancehall music they do have set beat patterns but people branch out and make different patterns and different baselines.

In the beginning, L.T. was coming w/ some of the same stuff. They took a portion or 1 set reggae beat pattern, made their own baseline ran w/ that. After awhile and through other producers L.T.’s beat pattern became the standard for reggaeton. Reggaeton music had the same pattern, and most baselines were the same. The sounds to make them (the pattern and baseline) were different. Now dont get it twisted, it was nice back then because they were originators; they were only ones laying it down like that. And it was new; it had/has a nice groove. But after 2 years that got a little old.

Nesty done flipped it and made it more of an up beat dance groove. It is more dancehall-ish. It has more of a techno, reggae/dancehall feel. Their synthesizers, snares, and baselines are new and ridiculous. The beats are complexed, but yet simple, smooth and easy on the ears. There is a lot going on in the beat sometimes but you can audibly break the beat down. L.T. cant get away w/ some of the same beats there were making before. “Get away” in the sence of having a hit song w/ those same beats. I strongly feel they would get crushed by Victor now.

Im not hate’n on what L.T. and other producers like, Nely “el arma secreta” , Tainy, Noriega, Predicador, Doble A & Nales "Los Presidentes", Bones "The Musical Alchemist", Thilo "La Navaja de Doble Filo", Mr. G, Naldo, Jorge "Joker" Elvira, and Miki "La Mano Bionica" have done and are doing now ( Oh and not to mention Nely, Noriega and some of these other cats came up through L.T. ). Please no not get it wrong; I actually cant wait to hear something new from L.T. and the others to see if they have stepped up their game and change. I hope they raise the bar for Nesty and Victor even more. Reggaeton and these producers are still a developing and growing.

I am proud of what is it, was and going to be. Right now to me Victor and Nesty have pulled away from the pack w/ their sound. They are leaps and bounds ahead of others. Who is on their level?
    You are giving Luny Tunes way too much credit.....They just happened to jump on the Reggaeton Train at the right time. They became known as some of the best producers because they were working with some of the biggest names at the time. once they got on top...they had already created their own name...so people in the states associated All reggaeton to them. Luny Tunes y Noriega present Mas Flow. Because their name came out in the title....they got the notoriety. The Sandunga pattern, the Dembow pattern and the tra pattern is always the same.....it's the melody, the tempo and the effects that change. They had the best sounds at the time...so people took a liking to it. that's pretty much it.....Why aren't they around anymore? Why haven't they been in the spot light lately? why...because they don't have what it takes to keep up with the genre. But you have guys that are low key like, Urba, Monserrate, DJ Nelson, Eddie Dee, Eliel, Yampi, Jaime, Mue K, Diesel etc.....those are producers that have been around for a long time...and will continue to be around for a while. I dunno man....there's just too much to explain....so much I can say....lol
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

ohsirus said:

Yeah I hear you my dude – I tried to make it short and I still ended up w/ a 4 paragraph blog that’s probably still not look enough, clear enough and “deep in thought” enough for my professors. By all means please share your thoughts. That’s the beauty of a forum/blog. Im not new to reggaeton by any means; I just dnt no all the history behind it. However, I do want to clarify that Im not giving L.T. too much credit in the sense that “they started the movement”. Thats ridiculous, disheartening, and slap in the face to all those that worked so hard before them to make reggaeton what it is today. I no they weren’t the creators of reggaeton just like Lil Jon ddnt create crunk, E 40 ddnt create Hyphy, Mike Jones ddnt start the whole southern movement a few years back. However these people were intricate players in their respected genre, as you said. All im asking is between Luny Tunes and Victor y Nesty, who is the better producer in the game?

MGrace said:

I respect both sets of producers and their work, but if I had to choose, I would say Victor and Nesty. After "La Mente Maestra" came out I gained new respect this genre, it's new, different. I fell in love, Luny Tunes are really good too, BUT they stick to the same type of beats in my opinion, it's like signature I don't have to hear the artist credit them after the song is over, because I already know it's something they produced! I'm going to be honest, I personally believe because they are SO attractive PLUS some what creative they get alot of hype behind that. I could just be speaking for myself, correct me i'm wrong! LOL

5. boricamami07 said:

I Think That It Is Because Luny Tunes Did Come Out At The Right Time That Everybody Liked Them... I Did Toooo... But They Havnt Recently Came Out Wit Anything New... {{?}} So I Think They Fallin Behind... And Now Others Are Taking Over N Really Making Reggeaton Better... (personally I Still Like Da Old Luny Tunes)

bebestylee said:

Its kinda hard to answer that question....you have to understand that you have time between them. Luny Tunes were good in their time.....Victor el Nasi and Nesty la mente maestra...are now. They are producers of our time...
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

ohsirus said:

I Can See The Stand Points And They Are Very Valid. On A Consistant Basis Who Do You Feel Puts Out Better Bodies Of Work And/or Has More Hits? Oh And Mgrace You Cant Ever Be Wrong On Your Opinion. Thats Urs, And Noone Can Take That From You As Long As You Back It. Lt Did Put It Down. I Cant Disagree At All. I Feel Nesty Is Taking Reggaeton To Another Level. If You Take A Hip Hop/rb Artist And Put Him/her On A Lt Beat It Wont Get Big Play In Us Disco's. If You Take Same Artist Put Him/her On Nesty's Beat It Has A Better Chance Of Getting Play; I Say That Just Based Off The Way The Beats Are Composed. If Reggaeton Artist Werent On Nesty's Beats You Couldnt Real Tell It Was Reggaeton. Cant Say The Same For Luny Tunes.

MGrace said:

And i believe that it's because their beats are more versatile than LT, I can't really explain, but their style is just more creative, seems like they are trying to break a race barrier! Which is great, they want the masses to feel "the rhythm"! Personally I love how passionate and sexy the songs off (La Mente Meastra) are, really hot and expressive, not disrespectful/explicit lyrics, it might be a bit sexual but not so terrible that I cannot bare to entertain it!

ohsirus said:

SO LT HAS A NEW GROUP erre xi HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO LISTEN TO THE SONGS/BEATS? ARE THEY KEEPING UP W/ NESTY?

10. kashmoney623 said:

Umm, Erre XI is OK. But compared with La Mente Maestra, it's like comparing professional drum set to a set of bongos in my opinion.

Nesty and Victor are definately running things now, their beats are always fresh, always unique. Luny Tunes had their time in the limelight, but now it seems they're just getting blinded by it.

ohsirus said:

Ok. . Thnx For You Input... Are There Any Notable Tracks On That Cd?

12. kashmoney623 said:

ummm, lets see...
    most of the cd, like its entirety except for about 5 songs has the same beat formula since Mas Flow Vol. 2, the same "dembow"/"tra" style beats.

the other 5 songs are basically the same song, but different versions. the first song on the cd, "Carita Bonita", has its own "trance" version, which is basically the same song, but with an extra drum spot on it.

not to diss on Luny Tunes production or anything, its a good, no doubt about it, but its a serious replay of the past with new people. Reggaeton is supposed to be a progression, and I'm failing to see LT keep up.

Tainy got something going though (Tony Dize ft Yandel - Permitame for example).

ohsirus said:

Yeah I Dig U. . . The Synthesizers On Permitame And Actually All Of Nesty's Songs Are Crazy. Nely "el Arma Secreta" Is Pretty Dope As Well. I Havent Heard 2 Much Thunder From Tainy However What I Have Heard Has Been Pretty Good. Is There Any New Producers Out There W/ A New And Hot Sound? (question Is For But Not Lmtd To U Kashmoney). .

14. kashmoney623 said:

nobody said Musicologo & Menes. dey were all over DY's "Talento de Barrio". some of the songs had the usual reggaeton thing going, but it just felt different to the ears. not to mention the tracks that were just fresh club tracks (like Pose).

to me, its reggaeton, but not electroflow. its like in that "no mans territory" in between the 2.

any other views?

ohsirus said:

I'll Check Them Out... Always Looking For Something New

16. kashmoney623 said:

Musicologo and Menes are definately worth the listen if you've never heard them before.

17. MasSueltoQueTu said:

Dj Giann (spell?), Dexter, Mr Green Definitely Doin Big Things. Also Like Eliel And The Mambo Kings...

18. kashmoney623 said:

ooo yea. there's them too. theres also Walde "The Beatmaker" (I think its the same person they were referring to), but on "Sere Yo" by Zion y Lennox, the beat is nice. i think he is worth a look to see if he has any more good songs.

ohsirus said:

From What Ive Heard From Walde He His Nice.. He Also Did "showtime" By Angel Y Khriz Ft Zion (of Course Since They Are Label Mates On Baby Records)...

ohsirus said:

ALSO VERY NOTABLE "FUERA DEL PLANETA" BY JOWELL Y RANDY.. "Walde the beatmaker / Subelo oh oh oh oh oh" ..FANTASTIC SONG TO PERREO..