80s song: 'Blinded Eyes' (=?)

Thread: 80s song: 'Blinded Eyes' (=?)

Tags: None
  1. airmeki said:

Default 80s song: 'Blinded Eyes' (=?)

Hello everybody, first time poster here ...

For almost a decade now I'm trying to hunt down the title and the performer of a song which I found on one of my ancient cassettes. This song must have been played on the radio during 1982, as all the other songs on that cassette were released that year as well.

The sound is typical early 80s. If I have to compare this song with some of other, more well known bands, I'd say it's a cross between Yazoo, Yes, Styx and perhaps a bit of Thomas Dolby.

Here are some of the lyrics:

Verse:

I want to teach you the fun of life. Come on let's stay day and night.
    I know some places I'm sure you like, where you don't need, don't need to hide.

Chorus:

I can see your blinded eyes. I can see your, I can see your blinded eyes.
    I can see your blinded eyes. Tell me that you need me ...

The words in Italics are those I can't quite make out, they might be slightly different.

The chorus is repeated several times, which makes this song sound rather boring, to be honest - and yes, it's pretty cheesey :-)

I have a mp3 of this song (recorded off the cassette into a sequencer program and exported it), but I am not sure how to attach it to this post ...

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Heinz

DJ Maxx said:

There was a Rock group called Petra around that time 1982-83, who had a song called :

"Blinded Eyes"

but the lyrics aren't quite the same. Hard to believe there were 2 different songs about BLINDED EYES in the same year back then.

EDIT:

Listen to a clip here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaQ9o...eature=related
    Last edited by DJ Maxx; 01-03-2009 at 04:55 PM.

3. airmeki said:

Thanks for the link DJ Maxx ... yes, I knew about Petra (that's all I got when googling 'my' song :-) )
    But, it's not the song I'm looking for. It may have been just a European 'bubbling under' release ... oh well. Here's hoping someone else remembers this tune.
    Thanks anyways.

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by airmeki View Post

I have a mp3 of this song (recorded off the cassette into a sequencer program and exported it), but I am not sure how to attach it to this post ...

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Heinz
    Hello airmeki, welcome to the ATL forums.

Maybe you could upload the mp3 to zippyshare or somewhere similar and post the link back in this thread.

5. airmeki said:

Thanks for the warm welcome FAB Scott :-) .

Alright, I've used Zippyshare to upload the file. Here's the link: blindedeyes.mp3

Here's hoping someone recognizes this tune ...

Thanks everyone