'60s, '70s(?) Superman Song

Thread: '60s, '70s(?) Superman Song

Tags: None
  1. FreedaB said:

Question '60s, '70s(?) Superman Song

Please help me! I have been searching for this song for months and I can't find anything - not even another person who also remembers the song.

I was born in 1964 and had the 45 single when I was about 10 years old, so it was recorded before 1975. I don't know exactly what the genre would be. I guess I'd think of it as a theme song for a movie or TV show; but I don't think it's an actual theme song - it just sonds like it could/should be.

These as the lyrics I remember:

"You know Clark Kent works for a paper,
    He gets around whenever there's a caper,
    He takes off his clothes to lend a hand,
    You know Clark Kent is really Superman.

His girlfriend's name is Lois Lane,
    She thinks Clark's a Superman all the same . . ."

If you know the name of the song or the artist or the rest of the lyrics I can stop driving myself crazy and would be forever in your debt.

Thanks!

atmaestro said:

It could be the overture from the musical "It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman" with music by Charles Strouse and lyrics by Lee Adams which opened on Broadway in 1966. A TV version was produced in 1975.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. FreedaB said:

Thanks atmaster, but no cigar. . . *sigh*. I thought you might have nailed it because the name of the musical made me remember that the song actually started with someone saying, "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!"

I'm beginning to think I must have hallucinated the song while in a fever-dream. I just find it impossible that you can get a jillion hits when you search for something completely random and obscure, like the nutritional value of the paste kids eat in kindergarten yet I can't find a single reference for this song.

Maybe I need to get hypnotized so I can recover this lost childhood memory.

4. smywife said:

Smile Answer to Superman Lyrics from the 1970's?

Freeda - you are not crazy!

The name of the song I know is Superman by Herbie Mann

The lyrics aren't quite what you stated but it's the right time frame so hopefully this is the one you remember!

5. Mahesh Visram said:

have u tried celi bee and the buzzy bunch? song titled superman, hope its what ur looking for

6. Mattyboy said:

Was just remembering that song as well, I thinks it's, "I wanna fly like superman", by the Kinks around 1978?