Identify this piano piece!

Thread: Identify this piano piece!

Tags: None
  1. esm723 said:

Default Identify this piano piece!

I know this request doesn't involve lyrics (sorry if that is bad), but I don't know where else to go to identify this piano piece!

This piece is one a friend taught me to play on the piano, but he didn't know the name. All he knew was that it was a song that was written for/dedicated to the year 2000 for the millennium. He also said there was a music video of it where there was a man dressed in white playing it on a white piano outside in a snowy area. While the man in the video was good enough to play it by himself, many people play it as a duet/four-hand piece.

After he taught it to me, we recorded the duet. Here it is for you all to identify! (Note: It's not the best recording! He had just taught it to me and we only had practiced a few times before recording it with the built-in mic on my laptop!)

http://www.ericmagnuson.me/files/final.mp4

Thanks in advance!

2. esm723 said:

Anything?

:\

*bump*

3. Sabs said:

I know that melody - I'll ask my best friend for ya (she's a piano teacher) and we'll get a name for ya soon.

4. esm723 said:

Awesome! That would be hugely appreciated!

5. Sabs said:

Argh, my friend knows the song too - it's pretty well known - but she doesn't know the name! She thinks it's a fair bit older than the millenium though, so do I, so I reckon if it was featured in some video for it then it was just by chance. Maybe try searching popular old piano melodies online? Sorry I couldn't help more! I think it's one of those that people know but can't name!