looking for lyric writer

Thread: looking for lyric writer

Tags: None
  1. Roxanne Bruscha said:

Default looking for lyric writer

i am looking for a writer of poetry/lyrics to write words (not in english) for an original song in 7/8. the song has a slight macedonian flavor but lyrics in macedonian, turkish, greek, arabic or eastern euro language would be great.
    we would need not only the words but also a translation, phonetic write-out and a recording of the poem being spoken.

to talk about terms and possibilities please email me at arwengrey@aol.com

you can see more about my band at www.wineandalchemy.com or www.mysoace.com/wineandalchemy

thanks a million,
    roxanne

AlgerieMarocTurQuie said:

turkish is fine?

3. Roxanne Bruscha said:

we've found someone for the song we are currently recording.
    we do have future opportunities though, and turkish would definitely be a possibility for some of what we are doing.

4. Aznarv said:

aren't you interested in English lyrics at all?

5. Roxanne Bruscha said:

i posted this thread for a very particular song that we're currently recording and which we knew we did not want english lyrics for.

in general i write all the english and french lyrics for our music. but i am not closed off to using poetry by another authorship if it should come along and fit the bill. :-)

6. Aznarv said:

well ... then please take a look at my lyrics too and tell me if you like and want to use any of them.
    http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/aznarv
    and please tell me what kind of music are you playing ... maybe I can provide you some Romanian lyrics too if you are interested.

7. Roxanne Bruscha said:

www.myspace.com/wineandalchemy
    there are some tracks from our first album on our profile.
    our next album also features, sitar, harmonium, and hurdy gurdy, along with our usual greek bouzouki, vocals, accordion, mandolin, "gyspy" violin, celtic fiddle, guitar and hand drums.
    our music is world fusion, with a strong emphasis on early forms of music - pre- 1600 ad. we do original and traditional songs and perform mostly at renaissance festivals so nothing we do sounds modern and all our instruments have an earthy, exotic and acoustic feel, even when amped.
    you can also read some of our lyrics at our website www.wineandalchemy.com

almost all our english lyrics (unless in "middle english" which is sometimes used on the medieval sounding songs) are written for celtic sounding music. all the lyrics we use are written for specific songs or by happenstance fit a particular song we've written - as was the case with "angelose ise" on our first album. the archaic greek lyrics just happened to fit on a greekish sounding tune we had developed independently.

i write quite a bit modern poetry myself, and have a collection of over 70 poems, but only what i have penned specifically for the songs has ever fit what we do with our music.

i will certainly look over your work, thank you for the invitation. but as you see, we have very specific needs for poetry we use with our music.