Making lyrics

Thread: Making lyrics

Tags: None
  1. Aznarv said:

Default Making lyrics

Hy! I am new to this site but I saw that many people are looking for lyrics to play with their bands ... that's just about the opposite to what I'm looking for.
    I mean that I write lyrics and I'm looking for a band to play them.
    So please take a look at them and tell me what you think

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/aznarv

I very much would like to hear at least one of them played.
    If you like them, know that I have more than the ones posted on that site.
    And if you like them and want us to get acquainted, please tell me a little about yourself, like what kind of music you sing, if you play in a band ... stuff like that.
    Thanks and I hope you like them.

2. Klukoklai said:

where is the personality when someone write the lyrics for a completely unknown band? just a thought
    Look! My mouth is a fountain!

3. Aznarv said:

Hey, man, if you're not interested just say so ... this doesn't mean that no one will. The lyrics I wrote for myself because they just came to me, not for anyone else, but since I wrote them why just keep them?
    I can't play them but maybe someone that understands and feels close to the message in them will play them. This is the whole point in posting this adds.

4. Klukoklai said:

it is just a thought,
    Look! My mouth is a fountain!

5. texter-bernd said:

> where is the personality when someone write the lyrics for a completely unknown band? <

Here is. When I don't write for myself, e.g. stuff I 'd rather not sing myself, or don't write for partners, then I just write - and hope somebody likes it.

Aznarv, when you'd assign a creative commons license to your stuff, like, allow the non-commercial use of your lyrics, it might make it a little easier to find partners. The 'official' copyright terms rather prevent this.

This is how I do it (at the same time reserving my rights by making all my lyrics public!): http://www.archive.org/details/BerndsLyrics.2ndEdition

6. BadLuckJane92 said:

Hi, I really like your lyrics and I'd like to use them for my band.
    Our name is Bad Luck Jane and we're getting ready to record our first album "Broken by Tuesday."

I need to give you credit for your work and would love it if you messaged me so I can do so. I love your songs They're great.

-Jessica

7. texter-bernd said:

That's alright. Just list my name as lyricist for those songs/lyrics you've chosen. It's "Bernd Harmsen". That's all. If you produce the CD and pay royalties for the compositions and lyrics (that would be the normal procedure even for stuff you've written yourself) just notify me. That's all. My EMail address should be in the PDF you've downloaded. And also on my lyrics pages: http://bernd-harmsen.de

I wish you a big sucess and look forward to hearing from you again.

Bernd

8. sdbbMIXTAPE-KING said:

damm dude

you got sum serious ****

your lyrics are an inspiration man
    i only looked at run away though
    it is fresh homie

i would be glad to use your lyrics but i really dont like usen no1 elses stuff

i rap/do some rock

kind of like Lincoln parks song *IN THE END*

9. Aznarv said:

Hi guys! Let me get this straight ... who's lyrics did you read? ... 'cause it seams as if you are talking about my lyrics at writing.com (for instance - Run away) but got an answer from texter-bernd ... I guess it's just a misunderstanding since you posted the reply to my thread ... so pls tell me if you're talking about my stuff (http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/aznarv) and if you intend to play any of them.
    Aznarv

10. sdbbMIXTAPE-KING said:

Aznarv

there all talking to you homie

but i call run away fo sho bro

11. Aznarv said:

ya man! I was unclear about you ... and if you like "Run away", go 4 it!

12. sdbbMIXTAPE-KING said:

ite man i will

i might add a couple lines to make it longer tho ite

13. Aznarv said:

What's up guys! Haven't heard from you lately. Anything new 'bout my songs?

14. TLUV said:

whats up!!! im TLUV and i write rap lyrics. i dont freestyle or sing just want to get my stuff out there

15. Aznarv said:

Quote Originally Posted by BadLuckJane92 View Post
    Hi, I really like your lyrics and I'd like to use them for my band.
    Our name is Bad Luck Jane and we're getting ready to record our first album "Broken by Tuesday."

I need to give you credit for your work and would love it if you messaged me so I can do so. I love your songs They're great.

-Jessica
    Hy Jess.
    I haven't been on this forum for a very long time but I remembered you sending me this mess about an year ago saying you'd like to play some of my songs (like 'Sick of myself' and 'Feed on me' - specified in a later mess)
    So I was wondering, did you ever got to play them or you abandoned this?
    Or are you still working or ... I don't know ...
    Aznarv