I saw this song on a commercial but can't find it on the internet!

Thread: I saw this song on a commercial but can't find it on the internet!

Tags: None
  1. dusky said:

Default Lean Cuisine Commercial--SOLVED!

This song is on a current commercial for some sort of low-cal food, like frozen meal or something. It's a first-person perspective of this girl getting showered and dressed in the morning and then walking around and everyone smiles at her because she looks so good. Then she sees herself in a store window and that's pretty much it. Anyway, these are the words I made out from seeing it a couple times the other day:

You brighten up the day, you're a star
    And every time we ah ah ah, words fail me
    --something something--
    La la lalala is all I can say

Around this point it fades out. It's a pretty fast song with a sort of recorded distant type quality to it, but I have NO IDEA who the band is or anything. It's sung by a man.
    Last edited by dusky; 05-28-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Got my answer, thanks!

2. dusky said:

Default Commercial

Okay, I saw it again and the commercial was for Lean Cuisine. (Specifically, Lean Cuisine Spa Chicken Caesar Primavera I think...)

http://www.leancuisine.ca/en/Promoti...epstakes/index
    This has a picture of the girl from the commercial. But I still don't know anymore about the actual song...boo.

DJ Maxx said:

I'll open with a wild guess............

"Star" - Stealers Wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BogKAVESxUE

4. dusky said:

Default missing line

Hurray, my first reply! Thanks for trying! But no, yours is much more folksy than the song I had in mind. I searched and found a few other forums with posts exactly like mine looking for this same song, and the lyrics I missed the first time around that follow "Words fail me" appear to be "You captivate me".

I also emailed the Lean Cuisine people and asked them what the song is. No word back from them yet but I'll update this if I hear from them.

5. dusky said:

Here's the full part of what I can hear:

You brighten up the day, you're a star
    And every time we ah ah ah, words fail me
    You captivate me
    La la lalala is all I can say
    To perfection